1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brittany Murphy dies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Turpis, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Yeah I hear it's a terrubuhl drug.

4. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

Today 6:20 AM PDT by Marcus Errico

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/detail.jsp?contentId=182517#ixzz0orIVMgie

Nearly five months to the day after the shocking death of Brittany Murphy, the actress' screenwriter husband has been found dead in the master bedroom of the couple's Hollywood Hills home. Simon Monjack was 39.

Paramedics were called to the scene just before 9:30 p.m. Sunday. The person sounding the 911 alert was Brittany's mother, Sharon—who shared the home with her son-in-law and who made the heart-wrenching emergency call on the day her daughter died.

LAPD detectives and coroner officials were on the scene investigating, but police said there were no signs of foul play and Monjack appeared to have died of a heart attack. The medical examiner confirmed drugs were recovered.

"This evening Mr. Monjack was found unresponsive. Paramedics responded to the house, he was pronounced at [9:45 p.m.]," said coroner's lead examiner Ed Winter. "It appears to be natural.

"There were some prescription drugs found that belonged to Mr. Monjack and will have an ongoing investigation. The cause of death is pending. We will have an autopsy in the next day or so. And pending toxicology, we will be releasing results once we get all those tests back."

Winter added that "there were no illicit drugs located, just prescription meds."

The British-born Monjack's IMDb résumé included two films: a story credit on Factory Girl, the 2006 biopic of Andy Warhol sidekick Edie Sedgwick starring Sienna Miller; and as writer-director-producer of the U.K. indie drama Two Days, Nine Lives. He also dabbled in photography.

Murphy died of cardiac arrest in the same house on Dec. 20. The coroner ruled her death accidental, the fatal combination of pneumonia, anemia and prescription drugs, many of which were prescribed in Monjack's name. The Clueless star was just 32.

The last time Winter met Monjack was during the Murphy probe. "He was a despondent husband. The family is devastated over his passing and, like I said, it is under investigation. I ask that you give the family some privacy from this point on."

In February, Monjack came under scrutiny after it was learned he was trying to raise funds for the Brittany Murphy Foundation without applying for nonprofit status with the IRS. He wound up scuttling the foundation and returned all donations.

A month later, Monjack told E! News he was planning on selling the couple's home and moving to New York, along with Sharon.

—Additional reporting by Chris Hall

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/detail.jsp?contentId=182517#ixzz0orIQXL7J

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Wow, wtf.

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Its like romeo and juliet. I think. Its kind of odd.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I immediately thought suicide for this guy but now I'm thinking they will find another cause. Maybe accidental OD or something.

8. droxford

droxford Member

Poltergeist.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Considering he denied Murphy was using drugs after she died, I wouldn't be surprised if his ghost comes back to chastise us for even considering that he could have been on drugs.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the person i feel the worst for is the mother who had to find her daughter and now son-in-law dead of "heart attacks from natural causes..." in the same house within 5 months of each other.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, I'm thinking more Anna Nicole and Daniel Smith. "Y'wont sum me-eth?"

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Carolann!

13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I saw this bumped I assumed she came back as a zombie

#94 CCorn, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Saw the thread and thought this was current news, didn't even know she was dead dang.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cult.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member