1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recurring Dreams

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm sure others have these. I swear at least once a month I have a dream that I'm supposed to be graduating college, and I either missed a test or am not sure if I passed a couple classes. I wake up kind of freaked out and it takes a few seconds to realize I graduated decades ago and I didn't miss or fail any class or test.

Just weird how often I have it. Anyone else have one of these?

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same dream, all the time. A new twist is that I enrolled in classes during the pandemic and now have a tuition bill due for classes I forgot I was enrolled in.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I keep having these dreams similar where I'm flying transatlantic tonight. Like 6pm..it's like 1pm now or so in my dream.. I am getting all my stuff together and just everything is moving like molasses. Im going to miss this stupid flight. The whole rush of making it or not..its not a great feeling..

I also keep having dreams about wanting to take a picture with my phone and then it won't work and I can't ..why does it have to be some test or task..I'm sure I'm grinding my teeth that whole time

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have a similar one with college. But the worst is one where I’m waiting tables and completely in the weeds. Stuck at the POS unable to enter orders for whatever reason as I watch my tables stare at me with empty drinks.

**** gives me night sweats

Buck Turgidson and JeeberD like this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Delusions of grandeur are not recurring dreams. You have dozens of these threads.
    :clownfaceemoji:

VooDooPope and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I once dreamt that a hamburger was eating me!

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude needs to take one look in the mirror to affirm he graduated decades ago lmao

8. SuraGotMadHops

All the time, it's either an exam that I didn't study for, or a class that I enrolled in and I completely forgot about it all semester.

Buck Turgidson, Ubiquitin and Yung-T like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have one like that. Maybe 1-2 times a year max. Used to be more often. I'd dream I didn't know where my class was or that I completely forgot I was taking a specific class, missed every class, until final exam day I would remember. Or that I needed to re-take some obscure math to graduate.

I think it's because I skipped so much class.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Always odd when I see people on here I don't even recognize try to talk **** about me.

11. droxford

droxford Member

Get off the babysitter, Jim.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have regular dreams of either selling **** door to door or buying an old Victorian house in Galveston and rehabbing it. Both are something I’ve done and enjoyed. So I guess not so weird? Except the CHUDs.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For several years during my early 20's I would have the same dream. It wasn't a regular thing that happened, but when it did, it was one of those "lucid dreams" where you know you're dreaming, but you are aware that you're dreaming. Part of you is a kind of an observer of it. At a remove. A very weird sensation.

SuraGotMadHops and Xerobull like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I just be dreaming of **** killing me or chasing me

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I had a dream that I ate a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone.

[​IMG]

16. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

After I got out of the restaurant biz (about 7 years ago) the serving dreams slowly became less and less frequent. I haven't had one in quite a while, and I hope that I never do again. Dreaming about having a whole room full of tables that were all sat at once, and, like you said, you can't get their drinks or their orders in for whatever reason...it's exhausting. I used to wake up more tired than before I went to sleep.

Buck Turgidson and CCorn like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have a similar rarely recurring dream where I’m lucid. I’m able to run lightly enough so I can break gravity and start flying. I can then sort of glide around in the air looking down on everything. Very peaceful and free. I only have it once every few years and wake up disappointed that it’s not real, even though in the dream I know I’m dreaming and am controlling the flight.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

This dream is dope. I wished I have such whimsical dreams.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

Have had similar dreams. Also variation, where I couldn't glide or super jump all of sudden, something was holding me back. I think it's the feel of bed covers, that kept me from ascension. :p

Buck Turgidson and Xerobull like this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Dude it’s so bad when it happens. It is rare now, I’m 8 years removed. But right when I left the industry I’d have it weekly. ****ing dropping trays full of drinks and unable to get back into my section.

Buck Turgidson likes this.