1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yep same. Been a huge fan since he was at UT. Old posts on CF* have me declaring him to be Barkley 2.0. He was impossible to not like. IIRC, he had a great hook shot in college. I thought he'd be able to post up in the NBA.

Then of course he went overseas and reworked his game. He is a massive success story overall, and was a great guy to have on some of the best ever Rockets teams. Long live PJT.

*It might have been in a site before I joined CF...

don grahamleone, DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Couldn’t agree more. Tucker was one of the most unheralded recruits Barnes brought to Texas in that time frame, and he worked his butt off to earn Big 12 Player of the Year honors in 2006, the season after he was ruled academically ineligible halfway through the year. It still bugs me to this day that the 2006 team with LaMarcus Aldridge and Tucker got knocked out in the elite 8 by Big Baby Davis, Tyrus Thomas and LSU. That was another Final Four caliber team.

On a side note, the basketball experience when I was a student at UT (2001-2004) was wonderful. I can remember going to numerous Big Monday home games, and Rick Barnes bringing pizza out to all the students standing in line hours in advance to be part of the O-Zone. People rightfully knock the UT home court atmosphere now, but when we were an elite team, and another high-profile team came to the Erwin Center, it got really loud. I also had the opportunity to go with my best friend and his dad in 2003 to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games in San Antonio where they beat UConn and Michigan State to advance to the Final Four.

don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I will always love PJ Tucker. I hate to see him go and I wish him all the best.

D-rock, DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He was the hustle guy on a championship squad. 2018 and 19 were post seasons the Rockets needed to beat the refs and the opposition and secure the chips.

5. VoR

VoR Member

Good luck against your boy in Brooklyn, Tuck! Don’t know who to pull for in the east now. I’ll pull for Tuck because his clock is running out.

Loved you as a Horn. Love you as a Buck. Let’s get you at least one championship.

DVauthrin, chadyang and Sanctity like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

8. HP3

HP3 Member

People on this board just need to understand what he said. We may have never been the favorites any time but we had an air about us that made other teams and people feel like we could win. That's why people expected so much from us.

#68 HP3, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    FrontRunner and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

PJ will always be a Rocket to me.

It's too bad many Rockets fans could not comprehend or appreciate how special that team and era was.

10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Way too many so-called fans here do nothing but badmouth players and coaches. Sometimes that's warranted, but when you've got players like PJ that give you everything they have, and the team is winning...

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He got paid to give everything he had, that is why he is even in the league.

It is ok to appreciate him while he was here, and then want to move him along when he no longer fits.

I am happy for him - and glad he is no longer a Rocket.

Those two things can coexist.

DD

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Every guy is paid to do that, not all do.

You did very little of the first but a lot of the second.

Im happy for him but I wouldnt mind him still being a Rockets.

D-rock and FrontRunner like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I did plenty of praising until last year when it was time to move him on - same for Eric Gordon - I don't hold on.....when it is clear it is better for the Rockets to move a player.

DD

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

How lucky is PJ? He might win back to back championships with two different teams. Can somebody look up how rare this is?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Someone might tweet that only PJ and LeBron had this honor or something like that. :D

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I believe Patrick McCaw won three straight. Two with Warriors and one with Raptors.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Recently, and back-to-back, I found Steve Kerr, Chris Boucher, Patrick McCaw, and Danny Green.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Big Shot Bob has to be there. He and Kerr combined to win 10 straight championships or something.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thicc!

Jontro and Hippieloser like this.