1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(OFFICIAL) Post preseason game hot takes thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Oct 5, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gonna score 130.

2. NewAge

NewAge Member

great first post! history knowledge + humor = high WAR post!

burlesk, berkowsk and bmelo like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

I love how that's your first post

burlesk and berkowsk like this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Although Green's shooting was off today, he was dribbling with much more control than before, and was trying to pull off some high level moves (behind the back/between the legs - Wade style dribble to get through 2 defenders). Hopefully this is a sign of him working on his handles, since I'm not too worried about his shot.

His court vision is something that remains a question mark, although it may not be a big concern if KPJ continues developing into a Harden-est type player.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The FT thing is something that's starting to stand out to me. He had some high FT attempt games in summer league, too...

But i was told he avoids contact.

It doesn't seem like he necessarily seeks it out, but he clearly doesn't avoid it, and given his athleticism I think you're right. And we all know how nice it is to go to the line for your efficiency, and it can help him slow down and get his shot on track when he's off. Only 19 players took 6 or more FTA per game last year... so solid start there.

And... of course, this is a strength of Sengun's also. But Sengun needs to focus more on actually making them. 4 attempts in 13 minutes, and he lived at the line in summer league. And not FT related, but his rebounding. No athleticism but a monster on the boards...

burlesk, HeyBudLetsParty and hakeem94 like this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Green has been impressive in his willingness to let the game come to him. He’s not a chucker.

KPJ looked far more controlled then last year. He’s a star.

Alpe will be a stud. Rockets won’t be able to limit his playing time.

Did not expect all the jumper attempts from Theis.

burlesk, hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Scooter is going to be a SUPER STAR!

(Told ya'll)

burlesk, NewAge and hakeem94 like this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

The kid has a loooong way to go in many areas. Sengun is a few months younger but already is further ahead... Just stating, otherwise rooting for both.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Sengun is the new harden, theres no stopping him without fouling...

Silas is a scrub for not using him more and building the greater part of offense and defense on him

theDude likes this.
  10. Rocket_Man_2.0

KPJ will be an allstar!

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Made me laugh because it's probably true...

And yeah he should be seeing 20+ minutes a game - every game. He's someone that makes other players better. You need at least one of those players on the floor all the time.

burlesk and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

He's following Harden's pattern to get traded. Unfortunately he's no where near Harden's level. His roster spot has more value than anything we can get for him because he's just robbing PT from prospects. Silas needs to recognize the obvious and sit him until he decides to try - at least through preseason so we can see who we absolutely have to keep.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only took until the last post of page 1 to find the first Hot Take.

jch1911 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

KPJ will be a star.
    Wood might be a sacrifice maybe to get more draft picks or maybe to bring in KAT…..
    Jalen Green was nervous, but once he settled down he should be fine. He needs to play off KPJ’s energy.
    Alpi needs to start.
    EG looks out of place, he doesn’t fit.
    House should be released
    Tate, Nawaba, Garuba are all hustle guys that will be the glue to this team.
    Josh Christopher is the wildcard (he needs EG’s minutes)
    DJ Augustine is a professional, he’s good to have around for the young guys.
    I also noticed that it seems like John Lucas is the real coach…..

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

made me laugh since hes obviously MVP of this team; yanis, jokic and others titans of the league have nothing on him

hes pest on defense, strong like an ox, his handles are very good, his timing superb, his passing precise and when hes on the top of the key its either a double team or a layup!

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Tate is getting overlooked, as usual. People are talking about Gordon or KMJ starting, but Tate's the one.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he looked disinterested and slow for sure. shouldn't start and probably should sit ala wall until traded.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Jalen jumps too straight with a chicken wing and sometime releases as he's coming down instead of the peak of his jump. I feel he wastes a lot of energy considering on his turn around there's always a hand right in his face. I'm still not convinced he's 6'6. If Beal is 6'3, Green is a small 6'5 at best and it's hard to tell with the afro. KPj stood out to me from b4 the tip off. He looked really tall on the floor. He's still listed at 6'4, but dude looked 6'7 but again hard to tell with these urbanized hair styles.

burlesk and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No real contender in sight!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

KPJ looks 6’6”. Green looks 6’4”. It doesn’t actually matter anyways. Could also be that Green has a lot more filling out to do.

CRJ713 likes this.