1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(OFFICIAL) Post preseason game hot takes thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Oct 5, 2021.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This popped up in one of Coach Nick’s scouting videos on YouTube recently comparing Green to Cade and one other lotto pick. He said Green was the least polished of the three and his inconsistent shooting form was going to manifest itself in a lot of streaky shooting nights. This seemed to have been the bad one of those nights. I’m sure he will learn to get more consistency and putting on muscle will only help him score more easily but I think the scoring title is probably a little further away than initially anticipated.

ArtV, burlesk, Crashlanded19 and 2 others like this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Green looked like he was pressing. Once he settles down, he’ll be great.

Sengun is very impressive. He really knows what he’s doing out there and has a great feel for the game. Co- ROY with Jalen Green!

bmelo, Dovahkiin, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

#0 looks awful on Green. We need new jerseys. New logo. Increasing urbanization of the Toyota Center experience.

4. Dash

Dash Member

Just finished watching the game on the recording and here are my thoughts.
    Players that stood out: Jalen Green - yeah his 3 pointer shot couldn't fall tonight but that's the least of my worries. He didn't let that effect the rest of his game which I thought his rebounding and playmaking were outstanding tonight. Missed a few defensive rotations but effort was evident

Theis: Thought his PnR with KPJ was lethal and way more efficient than KPJ/Wood pick and roll. Still don't like the fit of Wood and Theis together, I honestly prefer to trade Wood and get some defense back in return if we had to choose between Wood/Theis

Of course KPJ: legit MIP this year and I can tell how much he really worked on his game this summer. Game is even easier for him now and everything he does is much more precise and confident.

Christopher and Garuba's play in the 4th quarter: Pretty much how we won this game in the end with this tandem and if Christoper and Garuba can knock down 3's like that consistently, it gonna be a fun ass year.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like alp but cmon luka and joker are playing in the nba right now one just won mvp and the other is a 2x 1st team all nba in his first 3 seasons.

I do think alp is the future center for us tho especially if he can improve his 3 shot. Hor rebounding and passing is already very good for his age.

and surprisingly I’m not worried about him on D he plays hard and that’s what matters. Will he be a 1st team all D absolutely not but he’ll be solid because of his hustle and knack for the ball.

burlesk and HP3 like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sengun will be a starter by the All-Star break.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

And right now at least, Hollins and Ackerman have zero chemistry.

8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Gordon has no place on the team at all. Hopefully they start him and he balls out and they can trade him for a pick. This front office can find studs in the draft, I am convinced of this

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Luca and joker might be good but how many Turkish league mvps have they won ? Scoreboard sengod

burlesk, Easy, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

After watching this game and looking at the regular season schedule, I’m having a hard time finding a loss.

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

TBH I actually see a lot of caveats with Jalen Green, esp on defense. Sengun is by far the better defensive player from what we have seen so far. JG’s G-league highlights were otherworldly and I’ve read a lot of positive things about the kid, but so far I see quite a few red flags. The flame-out potential is definitely here.
    In any case your thesis that Al P may beat him out to ROY so far looks money… still super-early though… rooting for both kids, obviously.

12. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I said what I said.

13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I said what I said.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sengun with 5 points and 5 fouls in 13 minutes against the Wizards

all of clutchfans:
    [​IMG]

15. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Sengun can legitimately be the first big off the bench and get serious minutes.

I fear EG is being put in a tough position again. EG should be coming off the bench and be his usual offensive self, instead he has to play with the first unit where he will be irrelevant offensively (no touches) and defensively having to cover the mistakes in switches of the youngins.

The only real reason EG is kept in the lineup, is to have and actual vet there that opposing teams respect, and create space and 1on1 opportunities for Wood KPJ and Jalen . Ultimately, this won't serve our team goals or our intentions to ship EG out the soonest. Just give EG the keys to that second unit and have Christopher be his understudy. Nwaba or House could start with a very very short leash.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  16. mightybosstone

That Giannis guy is pretty good, too. People forget about him as a European player, but he's likely to go down one day as the greatest European player in NBA history.

Sengun has looked damn good in Summer League and one preseason game, but I agree we need to cool it on statements like that.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  17. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Giannis is as European as Steve Nash is African. Technically true, but not what people have in mind.

Also Sengun has surpassed Ersan Illyosova for the title: "Turk Dirk"

NewAge likes this.
  18. NewAge

NewAge Member

Also while we’re at it, Sengun is actually Asian. He was born in the asian part of Turkey, not the European. This is super important for all of us to be clear about (not)…

burlesk likes this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Turkey is much more of a Western Asia than Europe

NewAge likes this.
  20. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Actually he is from centre of the old world. These post-renaissance identifications created by barbarians are meaningless for a roman/ottoman ascendant.

Shark44, burlesk, comrade and 14 others like this.