1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm NOT siding with anyone. I've said all along, we need to wait until all of this plays out. I never called anyone a Sexual Predator or Prostitute.

My theory all along has been to don't pre-judge. I know what men want, I'M ONE but there are ways to get what you want.

And I know women. Some women will go to any lengths to get a dollar bill. MANY AND I MEAN MANY hang out after games to get with players!!

The text message Rusty read on yesterday says alot.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You know women that are like that. I guess that means there are no men that abuse their power and take advantage of women.

Dude, Deshaun is a piece of ****. The sooner you realize that, the better you’ll be when things come out.

raining threes likes this.
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The text message does say a lot about one of the accusers. But frankly I would be pretty surprised if every single accuser was completely on the level. To me, odds are at least one of them jumped on the lawsuit train to try and get a payday. But I don't believe for a second that 20+ women did that...and the fact that there are women telling a similar story that are NOT bothering to sue also says a lot to me.

I guess part of why I find myself forming opinions on the matter based on information presented to the public is that I don't believe we will ever truly get the full story. I think they settle out of court, and despite what Deshaun has said through his lawyer, I do think there is some kind of NDA agreed to that gags both sides so that no one talks about it, lest there be consequences. So we'll probably never really know for sure how guilty anyone will be, which sucks. But I have enough info now to know that Deshaun did some pretty shady stuff, and possibly outright sexual assault.

That's good enough for me, for my opinion of the man, until we learn something new.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This pretty much sums up my thoughts

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

all women are the same, good to know!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ElPigto, B-Bob, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I agree as well. When such a wide net has been cast by Deshaun with his fillandering, there will surely be a good mix of legit therapists and ummm...non-legit therapists.

Doesn't excuse his behavior toward either group.

8. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Exactly. That's why I think he went into these massages and communicated "non-verbally" or with body language that he would be willing to participate in more than just a massage. Some of the therapists played along and others got offended. Maybe sometimes he was over the top trying to figure out if they would participate in these games. Like thrusting at the air and removing the towel.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. However, he brought this on himself and there is no excuse for his behavior.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/03/sports/football/deshaun-watson-accusers-police-reports.html

Records Show Houston Police Have Spoken to 10 of Watson’s Accusers

The Houston Police Department has spoken to at least 10 women who have accused Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of crimes from unwanted touching to sexual assault, according to records obtained by The New York Times.

The records are heavily redacted, and do not reveal the names of the complainant or the suspect, but they were released in response to a request for all records related to Watson or his home address in Houston.

A brief summary of each complaint is one of the few lines left unredacted in the documents. “Complainant stated that the suspect touched her inappropriately and exposed himself,” read one. Another said: “Complainant was sexually assaulted by the suspect. One suspect. No arrest. Complainant willing to prosecute.”

Houston police spoke to the women between April 2 and May 20 of this year, and dates of when they say the offenses occurred ranged from September 2019 to December 2020. Watson has not been charged with any crimes.

On March 16 of this year, the attorney Tony Buzbee announced that he was filing a lawsuit against Watson, accusing him of misconduct against an unnamed woman. Buzbee now represents 22 women who have sued Watson.

In addition to the 10 women who have spoken to Houston police, the F.B.I. is investigating the case, according to Buzbee and Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin. Watson has spoken to the F.B.I., and Hardin has said agents are investigating one of Buzbee’s clients for extortion, while Buzbee has said they are investigating Watson’s conduct.

The status of the criminal investigations into Watson’s conduct is unclear. Spokespeople for the Harris County District Attorney’s Office and the F.B.I. did not respond to requests for comment, while a Houston police spokesman referred to the department’s statement from April 2 which reads, in part, “As with any allegation, the Houston Police Department is now conducting an investigation and will not comment further during the investigative process.”

Last month, a Houston television station reported that a grand jury had been convened in the case. Under Texas law, every potential felony charge goes before a grand jury.

Watson has not talked with police investigators, nor has he spoken with N.F.L. investigators about the accusations, Hardin said in an interview Friday. “The police have made no attempt to reach out to Deshaun, and we don’t expect law enforcement to do so until they complete an investigation,” Hardin said, adding that he would be surprised if the police investigation concluded before October.

“The prosecutor has told us from the beginning that ultimately when the investigation is over, their findings will be presented to a grand jury,” Hardin said at a news conference last month. “We will be given the opportunity to tell our side, and we will get an evenhanded hearing.”

In an interview earlier this week, Hardin said, “Every single week we are finding out more that makes us increasingly more comfortable that none of these cases will lead to valid criminal charges.”
    Hardin said he will begin questioning the accusers in the civil cases at depositions that will start this month. Watson’s deposition should happen by February, he said.

The Times requested the records from the Houston police in April, but they were not provided until Friday.

The police department asked the office of the Texas attorney general to rule on whether the records sought were exempt from disclosure. An assistant attorney general wrote in June that information that consists of the “detection, investigation or prosecution of crime” was exempt, but that basic information about an arrested person, an arrest or a crime is not. That basic information was what was released.

One party that has not yet spoken to Watson: The N.F.L. has spoken to a number of the women who have sued Watson, according to Buzbee, but Hardin has said league investigators have not yet spoken to Watson. In cases involving criminal investigations, the N.F.L. typically waits until those investigations are completed before interviewing the player.

The Texans open their season against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sept. 12, and it is unclear whether Watson will start at quarterback, or whether he will still be on the team. Watson participated in some of Houston’s training camp, though he did not play in any of the team’s three preseason games. According to numerous reports he has asked to be traded, a request that has been difficult to fulfill given legal and criminal investigations.

10. Major

Major Member

This is a bit of a weird statement. Grand juries only hear the prosecution's case, right? They aren't meant to be evenhanded or and the defense doesn't present anything.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The defense can be allowed to present a written presentation the Grand Jury…if allowed by prosecutors.

Major likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

Neat - I never knew that. Thanks!

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you watched as much Law & Order as I do, you'd know that. :)

14. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Consent consent consent deshaun

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...ccuser-texans-victim-blaming-nfl-16583809.php

Ashley Solis has been wondering for months what, if anything, the NFL plans to do with the information she shared with an investigator about her encounter with Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

While Watson, her former massage client, remains in limbo, waiting to learn if the Texans will trade him for his full on-field value ahead of Tuesday’s deadline, Solis ruminates about the value the public and the NFL place on people like her.

The most recognizable of 22 women who accused Watson of unwanted sexual contact, Solis said she has endured death threats, an unexplained break-in and a stream of fake epithet-ridden web reviews of her business since she sued earlier this year.

Solis, 28, is the only plaintiff who agreed to be photographed and named publicly. She is also among 10 women who spoke with NFL investigators, answering every question they posed, said Tony Buzbee, the lawyer who represents the women in civil suits against the Texans quarterback.

Solis recalled that her NFL interview several months ago seemed brief — about an hour — and included questions that surprised her, including one about what clothing she was wearing. She hasn’t heard back.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has said he still can’t make the call on Watson’s culpability. He told NFL owners last week, “We don’t think we have the necessary information to place him on the exempt list.”

Buzbee called Goodell’s claim that he can’t yet act “a bunch of baloney.”

Buzbee said in an email that the NFL didn’t care about protecting women or women’s rights. “I can understand the NFL wanting to wait to see what happens with the criminal process or civil cases, but suggesting that the NFL doesn’t have enough information from us is pure hogwash.”

A spokesman for the NFL did not immediately return a request for comment.

Solis said she is saddened about the NFL’s attitude toward Watson’s accusers.

“I guess it doesn’t matter a person’s behavior or character. As long as they’re able to put money in people’s pockets, I guess that is what matters in the NFL world,” she said.

While lawsuits move forward over charges that Watson touched women with his penis, ejaculated on them without their consent or coerced them into oral sex during massage sessions, it’s unclear whether Watson will face criminal prosecution. Dane Schiller, spokesman for the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, said, “It would be inappropriate for the District Attorney’s Office to discuss civil suits or allegations in any potential matter until and if a criminal charge is filed; we do this out of fairness to all.”

Watson has denied the allegations through his lawyer, Rusty Hardin. His lawyer said the sexual contact that occurred was consensual. Hardin declined to comment further on Monday.

Solis said she met with a woman from the sexual assault division at the NFL sometime before June.

“It just overall wasn’t a great experience,” Solis said. “She said, ‘Tell me how he assaulted you. What did he do? What did it feel like?’”

Solis said she didn’t feel there was empathy in the encounter.

“She asked me what I was wearing.”

They said they’d get back to her. She hasn’t heard anything since.

Her family and friends support her, but she said she’s had minimal support from the public. She likened herself to a piñata that keeps getting beaten and beaten at a party.

“It’s been very, very stressful.”

“I’ve had a series of events take place from people creating fake accounts to slander my business, writing fake Google reviews, to finding me on my business social media and giving me death threats and wishing terrible, terrible things on me,” she said. “I’ve had a break-in at my studio a few days after I went public. I’ve had strangers approach me telling me to stop lying.”

Solis has no qualms about seeking compensation because the Watson incident has decreased the number of clients she can see and she is now undergoing therapy.

Solis said she has no choice but to continue with body work, she said, noting, “I don’t have (a) degree in anything else.”

She no longer accepts new male clients unless someone can vouch for them.

She fears that Watson will leave Houston untarnished by the allegations: “Because he is who he is and because he makes people at the top money … he gets to get away with pretty much everything that he’s done. It’s like he gets to run away to a new place and act like this doesn’t happen or that our experiences, the women he’s abused, don’t matter and there’s no merit to our accusations.”

For the team owners considering Watson, Solis said, she hopes they’ll pause to consider the women in their lives who may have experienced sexual assault and rethink their decision.

After being in the public eye, she said, she’s come to one conclusion about our priorities as a society, “This is just about football. That’s all anyone cares about is just football.”

ipaman likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rusty doesn't get paid to settle.

Rudyc281 likes this.