1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 Rockets Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 26, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Disagree. Gordon has value around the league. I would not want to give him up for free if we can get an asset for him, even if just a second round pick. Some of the fringe guys on this team that would take his spot will never be more than G-league fodder, Gordon is a legit established NBA player.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They're installing the plays privately. They don't let no one record.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

On this team what does he bring? Less time for the future players? A couple more wins from meaningless games leading to a worse 2022 pick?

I believe he has value but lets not overestimate his value. No team is going to give us a 1st unless it's extremely late. The only teams that would take him are in a win now mode. That cuts your prospective teams down to probably 10 (or less). Then they need a backup SG. Cuts your teams down even more. The remaining teams have to overlook his injury past. So true buyers making any offers at all are very limited.

You can try and hold out for the trade deadline hoping he brings his value up and someone really wants to make a push. Then and only then you might get a late 1st along with dead filler. But what if he gets injured again? I think he becomes negative value if that likely scenario happens.

Gordon doesn't fit on this team and keeping him around for a bit longer hurts the team more than the extra value he may bring at the deadline. Covington was someone we could have used in his prime but instead we cut him and then traded serious assets to get him back. I've seen this before. You don't know which player is going to be the keeper yet so keep as many as you can until the players future becomes more clear. In order to keep them, you have to trade someone to open a spot. I don't want to pay to open up a spot so get as much as you can for Gordon. But even if you get nothing more than a spot, I believe that alone has value.

hakeem94 and harold bingo like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Good afternoon @D-rock but there’s a whole Nother page that we must turn ;)

thank you for your participation!

i3artow i3aller, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve seen too many videos of Jalen Green getting worked defensively after practice

Can the Rockets show more clips of him getting buckets please? Jae’Sean Tate layup is cool, but Reeko ain’t here for that. C’mon Rockets media, I need some Jalen Green sidestep threes, some blowby layups, and some middies.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think he'll probably get abused on defense, but it's a learning process (and a burger-eating process, hopefully). According to reports, he's already put on 6 pounds of muscle, so he's getting there. Maybe he should hang out with Daishen Nix. He's a PG and one of the heaviest players on our team. Although I think Daishen's shape has improved. I can't believe he's still almost 230 lbs. -- maybe that's one of those numbers that is perpetually wrong out of NBA/Rockets laziness.

I just hope Green puts as much effort into his defense as he obviously has into his offense. Even if he just becomes average, it'd be awesome. He has the work ethic to succeed, though, as long as he keeps his head on straight.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Only gotta wait a few more hours and you get to watch it live bro

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

idk man as a tate only fan that handle was looking tight

Corrosion, i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yeah, all these clips he’s getting roughed up pretty bad. He’s too slender, he’ll need to get bigger and stronger to get where he wants to get as a star. I’ve read about the work ethics too, so I’m hopeful, but time will tell. Not too optimistic for year one as far as ROY if he gets roughed-up so bad night after night.

The big thing about this kid is, how will he handle the nightly beatings. He’s life so far has been the life of a “chosen one”, he’ll need to mature in the public eye. It’s all girlish giggles now, he’ll need to man-up both physically and mentally to become the superstar he wants to be.

Corrosion and BossHogg713 like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He must have missed that three.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

He rattled it in.

Still a make.

RasaqBoi and Two Sandwiches like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

jalen green hype is annoying

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yo wut?

BigM likes this.
  17. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

lol it’s like one of, if not the, main things we have to be excited about though

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah no way especially right now. I don’t think people here realize how much the offense is going to be going through him the start of the season and his value is going to go through the roof without Harden or Westbrick here and without Wall playing. I think it’s foolish to give him up right now for nothing when we know he’s about to put up stats he hasn’t had since his days in LA.

Around Christmas I do think he’ll be one of the top names to look out for at the deadline much like how every year there were guys like Kevin Martin and Monte Ellis who were always sought after good scorers on bad teams. Except with the added value that EG can step into other roles like flood spacer, versatile defender, etc. that Ellis and KMart never could sell on the trade market.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was just thinking the same thing ..... Every video of Green playing defense - he's getting worked.

The effort seems to be there but he just don't have enough sand in his pants to defend NBA players right now.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

For sure, he will get more exposed than all the rookies. I think Green is going to get a quick wake up call and go into workout beast mode. He knows he’s weak, but so was Tmac / Durant etc.

D-rock, cmoak1982 and hakeem94 like this.