1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. AWIN

AWIN Member

[​IMG]
    What’s that saying…I don’t need sex when my portfolio f@ck$ me every morning.

Sajan likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Shorted CEI at 4.6-4.7. Never looked back! Thank you pumpers.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

How do u see things shaking out next few months? Is inflation really going 70s style out of control/recession or is this just a temp asset valuation reset?

Stuff like cloudflare is still at 70x p/s and up over 300% in a year, market doesn't seem that scared, yet anyway.

#17163 saitou, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I think we are still due for a 10% correction. Idk if that will happen before the end of the year but once the fed finally starts tapering and raising rates it could open the floodgates which if I’m not mistaken they’ve already said to expect it by early next year at the latest.you already see inflation in effect I do expect to get worse.

my brother works in logistics for a company and tells me since the beginning of the year the price to import just 1 freight container overseas has gone up 5 times and it’s just going to get worse with holiday demand coming up .this means there will be lack of supply on lot of things Or at least even bigger lack then we’ve already had (especially on goods from China) which will in turn raise inflation.

i thought this was just a typical September bearish month but it’s dragging on now. I’m not saying there will be a huge pullback but I’m definitely starting to get worried

#17164 Rodman23, Oct 5, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Delete

#17165 Rodman23, Oct 5, 2021
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

not just this but all the bad financial headlines the past few weeks aren’t giving people any reason to put there money in the market

Sajan likes this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

thanks for sharing. i'm trying to strike a balance between ignoring headline noise, and not being oblivious to the next covid type event, this helps haha.

on the shipping front, singapore is a shipping hub, friends that import stuff have been complaining about 6x shipping rates since last year; but they just pay it anyway and life goes on, pass some costs onto the customer. it's bad but it's already been going on for so long, not sure y this is so much worse now. i'm sure amzn and the better companies have been planning ahead for christmas.

Rodman23 likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

Meli's chart looks awfully weak,

from an aborted handle (~ 1,950), its stock price has dropped ~20+% to below the 100/200 dma (below 1,600).
    today, so far, trading actions is showing hestiation---doji---which could mean the floor.
    if one were to make a trade on meli, one should waiting for more graphical confirmation of a trend reversal, such as
    • 2 consecutive days of closing above the 100/200 dma

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

thanks, looking weak when rest of tech is flying today. both apps and peri having good days.

nibbled more on SaaS today and ytd.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yikes.. Hope any of y'all that were in CEI got out.. Just took a big SHlT and it halted.

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

wow just saw the chart. @PWR did you get out? Hope you had stops.

PWR likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That mean's it'll probably pump again in the near future then. Lulz.

MARA/RIOT was clearly undervalued compared to BTC yesterday. I sniped MARA shares and RIOT calls. Took almost all the gains just in case. Letting a few RIOT calls ride for fun. Have enough MARA as it is.

Easiest gimmick I know of.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

pls @ME next time u use this gimmick again haha. binance is shutting down singapore accounts. i've put my crypto into cold storage and no longer trade/track prices.

Sajan likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I do actually consider making it known here, but I don't want to screw anyone over. Because BTC trades overnight, there's always a chance you walk into a nightmare the next day. Or, if the Wall Street Gods decide to attack growth stocks that particular day, you may also take a short-term hit. But I swear I'm batting like 70% joysticking MARA. Unfortunately, I no longer have the balls I did this time last year, lol. So my gains are much smaller.

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

yeah, no one bats 100%, in the end all of us are responsible for spending our own $, just share and let us decide :)

Sajan likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

an interesting bottom-fishing candidate

FDX
    it had a horrendous ERS on 21 Sept, causing the 248-238 gap down.
    now, after hitting a low of ~218. it has worked its way up to 225

construct this Butterfly spread---using Dec 17 expiration---which is a combination of 2 spreads.

• sell a 10-pt bullish PUT spread, collecting a $5.7-premium in advance
    • buying a 10-pt bullish CALL spreading, paying $1.8

max gain ~ 13.7, max risk $6

17. PWR

PWR Member

Just got back it town. I haven't even looked at the market since Friday, lol. That was a crazy swing.

I always trade with stops (day trader habit). I rarely do swing trades, but was confident with social media backing this one so hard and it had a prior history of running to around $3.25. I rode the CEI wave from $2.02 to $4.28. My stop loss kicked in when it quickly dropped from $4.85 to $3.42 on last Wednesday. Honestly, I was shocked when it ran past 3.50. Sold half my shares there and let the rest run until the epic drop on Wednesday.
    [​IMG]
    I feel bad for any newcomers that truly believed the meme squad would run it to $10 like they said. Gotta be careful with low float swings. They drop as fast as they climb. It will run back up in a few months or so.

saitou likes this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

20. adoo

adoo Member

a fully-formed cup-w-handle pattern, one that has been lifting off the last few trading days.

[​IMG]
    thus, i expect the Wall Street adage,

the longer the base (in this case, ~ 10 mos), the higher the vertical space,
    to be played out

#17180 adoo, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    saitou likes this.