1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta: Finally an owner who cares

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 25, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Dempsey. He saw this quote one day and felt he had to prove Dempsey right

[​IMG]

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It certainly looks like he’s allowed the basketball minds to take over his basketball operations

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Yeah Im sure thats exactly why hes bragging on himself.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I wouldve put a reward out for all the cops that are killing unarmed minorities.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The man is not a broke owner and actually a mid tier billionaire, in terms of sports team owners, richer than Mark Cuban. No more excuses for Ferttita.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilly is a man.

with t***

7. bmd

bmd Member

$1.1 million counts. He didn’t just talk about it and conduct a photo op. He put up more than a million dollars.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get what your saying but he’s doing it non the less and yes it’s a good thing and counts the exact same.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The Hate for Tillman is ridiculous.

their is nothing bad about what he’s doing.

he’s also clearly letting stone run the show with the basketball and finally letting us do a real rebuild. Something that Les never allowed.

He’s been owner for a WCF team that won 65 games and was a hamstring away from a title. Then an odd year his second season and then two weird bubble and COVID protocol years.

now we have a lot of draft capital a lot of money to spend in a few years and what looks like potentially the best young backcourt in the league.

I think Tillman is doing just fine.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Fixed it for ya... Must have gotten it mixed up...

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Your proving my point. They are not all criminals first off. If they where all criminals and they are unarmed then they are killing unarmed criminals. Back to basketball we still have the worst owner in major sports.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

CVcrew and tinman like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BigShasta and Salvy like this.
  15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Old thread I’m just reading through but for some reason I don’t see raising rewards for crimes this way. To me it seems like a reasonable way to create awareness of the reward for incentivizing turning in the criminals. It clearly got noticed and discussed here.

it’s not like his tweet was him patting himself on the back for his efforts at the soup kitchen, while charitable and noble, one would clearly question the legitimacy or the intent apparently if he tells us about said efforts since it was a good thing

#95 CVcrew, Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    clos4life and Salvy like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Tilman loves this city and loves The Rockets. He has done a great job rebuilding the mess Les sold him and also helping clean the streets from the trash walking around....

Landry's Tooth likes this.
  17. thekad

thekad Member

Tilman has done a great job rebuilding the 65 win team Les sold him into the worst team in the league two years running lmao

How are all the worst posters on the forum also Fertitta nuthuggers? Is it just little Patrick on multiple accounts?

UTSA2step, topfive and Nook like this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

You can't possibly be serious, 65 win team lol.... They did it one time and it was downhill from there, Harden has moved on to destroy another franchise and is currently working on destroying the Sixers alongside his buddy Morley .... No thanks... I'm good with building a strong foundation that will win for years to come vs two years of getting spanked by GSW....

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

We need to let Tilman have players to spend on before we say he is cheap thou, If he lets Green or Jabari walk because of money I'll be right there with you but so far I think he has taken the best course. Rebuild the right way through the draft, no rentals... No pandering to stars and getting denied like Morley did for years with Bosh and Carmelo...

don grahamleone likes this.