1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

2021 Rockets Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 26, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Damn right.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

or harden might be better because he will actually try to score the basket...

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Doubt it. That would actually mean Harden would have a "go get it" personality. Harden is definitely "let it just come to me." It won't come... it never does.

bmelo likes this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

“He’s going to be exciting for people to see,” continued Silas. “I don’t think our fans have had a chance to see him really do the things that he was doing with our main group. He played well in Summer League and that was great, but he’s showing a little bit more I think than he showed in Summer League.”

Considering Sengun was already one of the best rookies in all of summer league, what does "showing a little bit more" mean? He's even better?

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , he doesn't "Need" the ball to be effective ..... but late last season they started having him initiate the offense with stellar results , they scored on something like 78% of the possessions he initiated the offense - that's crazy.

subtomic, Bo6, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  6. HeyBudLetsParty

Very curious what the initial plan is with Alp, I’m really high on him but I imagine the first couple months are going to be an adjustment. Surprised at how much they’re hyping him up as opposed to Garuba and Josh, would have to think he’ll get the primary minutes backing up Theis and Wood.

fattz and Corrosion like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

We saw all three in summer league already, not surprising at all that they are hyping him up more than Garuba and Josh based on what we've seen.

Backup Theis until he can handle the starting center spot, pretty straight forward.

8. HeyBudLetsParty

More so still skeptical the Rockets will play a mid first round pick rookie big early on. A bunch of players taken around his spot road the bench or played G league their first year. Thinking Patterson, Jones, DMo, Marcus Morris…

Also have to take into account this is the first full true rebuild year when you consider they went into last season with an MVP still on the roster.

Jontro likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Rockets traded 2 future firsts for him and tried to trade as high up as 6th for him. I don't think the Rockets look at him as a mid first rounder at all, he was one of the top players on their draft board.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I’m not counting on it. His defense was horrific last year and he has a lot to work on both on and off the court. Usually players like Porter improve offensively to the point that they are comfortable and then improve defensively. I don’t doubt the skill set is there to be good on defense… but I don’t think he will be a good defender this season.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think you are probably right here ....It's expected he makes significant improvement offensively this year , expecting that same improvement defensively is asking a lot maybe next year he makes the leap defensively and TBH I'm content if that's the case.

ElPigto, Nook and Kevooooo like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , someone's gonna be left out on the cold .... they have 20 players on the training camp roster and with two of those (Lamb & Bey) on two way's with Nix & Brooks on Exhibit 10's.

Then there's 16 more players for 15 spots & Khyri is the obvious odd man out ....

They could lose both Brooks & Khyri as a result. I can't see Brooks going back to RGV .... he'll get picked up by someone on his shooting alone. They really need a roster clearing trade so they can hang onto the young guys.

Wall , EG Augustin & Exum seem like they could be moved , question is when and where are Brooks / Khyri when that happens ? (well , maybe not Wall ).
    Maybe they have some kinda wink wink deal in place where one or both go to the Vipers until a roster clearing deal is made and then are brought back ?

#772 Corrosion, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    fattz likes this.
  13. korkwerx

korkwerx Member

I would hate to lose Brooks given we really need good 3 point shooters. If there is no full roster spot I hope at least they will cut Lamb and give Armoni the 2 way. Then after the Gordon and other vets are moved later in the season they can give him a Hinke special (multi year at the min non guaranteed)

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. anchel

anchel Member

Will we see Tate starting and defending the best guard?

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Hes MVP while 18 in freaking Turkey…. This league is better than gleague

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

do you also think John Wall will be given a plenty of playing time to increase his trade value?

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i saw kawhi in him very early in his rockets tenure

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice thinking!
    harden come up even better every time they introduced the new rules and imho he always plays better when straight up balling without (over)relying on the whistle

NewAge likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe he'll relegate Theis to the bench by Christmas.

CXbby and fattz like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahaahah I knew it... even called it in this thread!
    Alp is the MVP!