1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any old peeps miss the Taco Bell of the 70’s and 80’s?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pole, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

Last time I was at Larry's, I had to drive my crazyass ex girlfriend to the JUCO so she could take some Texas State mandated teaching certificate test. I said "why do I need to get up at 6am on a Saturday and drive you out there and back?" "I don't drive on the highway" "b****, you live in Houston, how does that work out?"

Long story short, I drove her to Richmond and goofed around for 5 hours and then drove her back to West U. Women, what can you do?

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

mikol13 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

One of the most perfect scenes ever

"By choice!"

#63 Buck Turgidson, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  4. JamesC

JamesC Member

Please tell me this is real!

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The things I miss from Taco Bell of the past... the small container of refried beans. Enchiritos. And tostadas. All three have gone by the wayside as Taco Bell first decided it had to compete with Chipotles and brought out a gourmet burrito which of course was ridiculous and failed immediately.. And now they have to try to merge two of three popular things into one (eg cheesy burrito tacos). As such they got away from two important values of eating at Taco Bell... simple and cheap.

6. SuraGotMadHops

I miss the Mucho Grande Nachos. It was like a Nachos Bell Grande but way bigger and more "premium" ingredients. That and the Grilled Stuft Burritos. The items I loved are gone.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's not

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Toxic Hell was a staple of my single life. I can still remember my "usual" - 2 bean burritos w/sour cream, 2 meximelts, and a nacho bellgrande. I'd pick it up on the way home from a gig, scarf it down in front of the TV, take a nuclear poop, then go to bed and sleep until noon the next day. Ah, memories....

I haven't had it in probably 15 years or so. Disappointed to see that they don't have those meximelts anymore. I may have to DoorDash it one of these days just for old times sake. Preferably on a day when my wife isn't home....

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Never understood why people have gastrointestinal issues with the place.

The meximelt was definitely one of my favorites, as was the spicy tostada. And to be honest, Taco Cabanas tacos, nachos and burritos are just plain better for the money.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Taco Cabana has a good bean burrito. Two Pesos had a better one.