1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Thats because Hurts was picked in the back half of the 2nd round.

First rounders get paid decent money. And top 10 money is stupid big.

Hurts is paid like a bench warmer. Love is paid like a high end backup. Tua is paid like a starter.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

His arm talent is light years ahead of Tua and hurts and that’s who I’m comparing him too.

And let’s be honest the giants haven’t exactly catered to having surround Jones with what he needs to be successful.

eric.81 likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I just wouldn’t want to delay the process of moving on to the next potential long term starter.

we’ve already seen what stop gaps do in terms of delaying progress (even though there was no slam dunk qb that the Texans failed to draft during the hoyer-mallet-osweiler years).

4. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Fair enough. Do you think the fumbling will always be an issue? What do you think his ceiling is?

Sorry to hit you with a bunch of questions, but I think the Giants would make good trade partners with the Texans this offseason... I just see the needs of both teams matching up. It would certainly be more interesting if Jones was a serious prospect. I mean, small sample size, but Darnold looks like a different player since moving to Carolina. Who's to say we couldn't do the same with Jones?

Rudyc281 and Deep Steel Truth like this.
  5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

So I wonder if this loser feels even the least bit guilty for quitting on loyal fans and worse his teammates that were counting on him. Probably not.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not. He cares only about himself and getting his butthole tickled in situations he has power over the tickler and can force it to happen.

King1, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Rockets34Legend

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Pull the trigger Miami!!!

King1 likes this.
  11. ktex

ktex Member

Not happening.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Miami will fold or face a true bidding war this off-season

13. raining threes

Goodell suspended Ben 6 games originally and reduced it to 4 games after a police failed to find enough evidence to bring charges to the DA.

Watson has 24, maybe up to 30 women who've filed complaints against him. In the PC/Me to world we live in he's going to get suspended. The question is for how long. I think Goodell, Cal have a gentlemens agreement that Watson isn't going to play until all of the legal stuff is over. I could be wrong but I cant see Goodell letting the NFL fall under the scrutiny they will fall under if Watson plays this year. This is why I think these trade reports are wrong. Unless the team trading for Watson is willing to let him sit this year and is willing to gamble that he will be able to play for them next year instead of going to jail. That's an awfully risky bet to take for a franchise/GM. This is why I think if he's traded this year the haul Caserio gets for Watson in trade wont be as large as some think it will be.

Speaking of METOO, why aren't they protesting and saying all women need to be believed in this case?

14. raining threes

It appears that he's improved this year in this area.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

oh well nvm then lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

He has 3 fumbles in 3 games this season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

#817 Rockets34Legend, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Don't forget that was after Roethlisberger's 2nd rape allegation. Goodell didn't do anything the first time around IIRC. And I don’t know how to say this without saying it but what Roethlisberger was accused of is completely different. I’m not defending DW4 by any means but trigger happy Goodell has yet to touch this for whatever reason.

But to answer your question, yes GMs would absolutely be willing to trade for him even with a possible suspension looming. Like you said, it would probably only be for a few games which is a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. The bigger question is whether or not they want to meet the Texan's demands.

Would you want a sexual predator as the face of your franchise? Personally no b ask Steeler fans if they'd trade away their 2 Super Bowls and pretty sure the answer would be an astounding no. Also I'd bet a lot of money that Texans fans would cheer DW4 if he trotted out into the huddle this Sunday. Not saying it's right or wrong, but winning has always been the cure all in sports.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. raining threes

I would not be one of those fans.

I would get rid of my season tickets, burn my Texans gear and never watch the Texans again.

There's alot more in common with Big Ben than you are making there out to be.

1. They're both Sexaual Predators
    2. They both have never been charged with a crime although Watson chances of being charged are about 50-50 in today's political climate.
    3. They're both POS.

King1 likes this.