1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall is true pro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 28, 2021.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I just watched a few minutes, but Stone is just levels and levels above Morey in terms of relating to players and not coming off as an asset managing robot.

Bo6, Crashlanded19, ashleyem and 6 others like this.
  2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

After listening to Wall and the GM you can see the Rockets do not have any offers on the table for Wall....He might not be traded until Mid season???
    That's too much money just sitting on the self doing nothing.....i know he is helping the young guys in practice but i would make him play IF Scooter gets hurt??? If we start Gordon at SF and we need help from the bench scoring.....this is pride.....we needs to play and come off the bench to help the team out. If Gordon is starting, Wall is better than anybody on our bench.

I thought there was a contract on the table.....looking at Wall's face you could clearly see...no offers or wish list....he needs to play and come off the bench so he can help us win.
    I would not trade for him if i could not see him play....the team does not know what they are getting....John Wall from last year or the John Wall from 3 and 4 years ago????? Is he really healthy??? PLAY!!! he needs to play....43 millions a year.....play

ElPigto likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A good guy, does not wear out his welcome, knows when it's time.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Me: *reads thread title*

Me: [​IMG]

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

A true pro doesn’t just cash checks

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ahh, but cashing checks defines a true pro

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Indeed it does

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Why does he have "every right to bad mouth the organization"?

John Wall is doing the professional thing. He's doing what should be expected of him. We shouldn't be surprised when adults act like adults. He's a grown ass man.

napalm06 and Ramo$e like this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He could be a malcontent - but show up... He could be treating everyone like a dick and ragging on his teammates - "not enough talent" ...basically push it as far as he can without crossing his contractual lines... just be a general douche...
    ...and either
    A) Get sent home with pay (ala Melo... the team and so n so have mutually agreed... while we await a trade..)
    B) Drive up the amount the org will pay to buy him out - so then he can go join a 'super team' for a min contract...

...and the the whole while ragging on the Rox org as being 'a jumbled mess that obviously doesnt know what they're doing - just look at how the stars run from this org...' and just hammer the 'it's not me - i'm recovered, but these guys are fools... i want to win a chip!' - and all of that type bs rhetoric to try to build himself up by tearing at the org...

I'm not looking to give the dude a Sportsman of the Year trophy or nothing...
    ...but it could be (or get) a whole lot uglier...

jus sayin...

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You re missing the context here. Its a different situation. BTW Ben Simmons and Harden both lost and will lose money lol

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

kjayp likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS is the most interesting part, what happens if Rockets start winning or no trade partners - Wall is going to reconsider waiting in the wings IMO.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

STOP with he hate. You can pay someone to play basketball but you can't control him. He doesn't have to act like nothing. He's just not a cancer.

BamBam likes this.
  15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

You also have to factor in that it is a mutual decision. Say if Rockets were not ready to trade him then it is uncertain how Wall would have reacted and may have forced his way out. Wall simply fits well with a team that needs a PG or contending and even Rockets recognizes this. Most likely a trade scenario with the Clippers or 76ers I think.

16. fattz

fattz Member

No hate here. IMO, he understands his position and wants to keep it. I think this because it’s common sense to want to stay in good graces with the company that is taking care of you.

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I seriously do not understand the first page at all, and refuse to read the next two pages but:

It sounds like a lot of you are mad??? at John Wall for not playing. A lot of people bringing up him being paid a lot of money. Let me get this right. You guys want John Wall to be on the court, play 34 minutes a game, start at point guard and try his best to win the Rockets as many games as possible in a season where we own our own first round draft pick? You guys want that instead of John Wall sitting out games and essentially just being a player coach???

Or wait. Did you guys want John Wall last season to play at an all-star level in a year where we didn't own our own 1st round draft pick so he could win us as many games as possible? Instead of him playing well below his standard after coming off an Achilles injury, and basically trying to get comfortable on a team that had a lot of injuries, a rookie coach, and a lot of young players?

You guys are ridiculous. John Wall got his contract before he got one of the worst injuries a basketball player could get. He played for us and even played back-to-backs when it was agreed upon before that he wasn't going to. (something a certain someone else wouldn't do.) And now he realizes that he would be taking minutes away from both Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr, so instead of getting back on the court he is choosing to sideline himself. And you can try spin it in a way that he is being "selfish." "Oh, he doesn't want to get a buy-out" or "he's basically demanding a trade request!"

1) a buy-out doesn't make any damn sense right now in the season. The Rockets could still try to get some positive return from trading John Wall as doubtful as it seems. I also really doubt that John Wall wants to miss an entire NBA season again, so it is very likely that if he doesn't get traded then he WILL take a buy-out around March or so.

2) Yeah, he is getting traded. What? You want him on the team? We have DJ Augustin. He can do the veteran point guard role just well enough. Wait, you still want him to play anyways? So he can risk the possibility of getting injured again, and lower his trade value even more and also risk his own health? No, sitting out is the best thing for both parties in every single way that you can think of. It's not John Wall's fault that Daryl Morey, James Harden, Tilman, and D'Antoni all decided together that they didn't want competitive basketball in Houston anymore. If Harden was still here then I guarantee that Wood, Tucker, Gordon, Wall, and James would all be suiting up come opening night but the fact of the matter is that this team isn't competing for NOTHING right now and it's a complete waste of time to even entertain John Wall playing in a Rockets uniform.

So yeah, I respect a hell lot out of John for him showing up to work and making this as easy as possible for everyone in the damn organization. And tripping over how much dude is making a day is just dumb as hell. I aint the one paying that man his checks so why the hell should I get?

Weirdos.

ashleyem likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Look at the Ben Simmons sixers saga now

robbie380, Ramo$e and ashleyem like this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I hope he retires a Rocket.

You guys are really slacking to not post that by now, this is clutchfans god damnit we have standards