1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Totally fair. Im just trying to paint the full picture of a guy who is more or less a professional weasel who has scratched and crawled his way to the top. This is just ONE of the many anecdotal WTF moments with this guy. Im totally fine just shrugging him off as a necessary evil, but I wont allow myself to think the guy is a stand up dude.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's fair. By no means am I trying to say "Jack's great!". He seems to be a bit of a weasel.

But... also to be somewhat fair, LOTS of folks weasel their way to success.

I'd be happy to have Jack gone... i just think all the fingers that were pointed his way were kind of scapegoating the real problem - B'Ob and, apparently, DW issues.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

TRUE accountability starts at the top anyway. With Tommy Boy its just a series of gaffes since his dad died. He really doesnt know what he's doing and he's entrusted incompetent managers along the way. Here's hoping Caserio and Culley are humble and good at their respective jobs since they are the guys who can mold this roster the most if they make sure to remind Easterby that the team chapel is THAT way and that the lunchroom is THIS way. No need for him to be any part of day to day football operations IMO.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Easterby was brought on to really change the culture and morale of this team…never to be a personal guy. And while he may have the ear of the owner Caserio is running things now.

It’s been very rough no doubt about it since Easterby has arrived from the outside looking in all the “star” players are gone.

Watt
    Watson - soon
    Hop
    Clowney
    Mathieu
    Etc etc
    And even O’Brien - which was mainly his own fault.

But nobody can deny the chemistry and camaraderie and overall morale this team has displayed through all that has transpired.

Easterby has been a guy that teams have brought in during huge crisis to help bring the teams together and help navigate teams through rough times.

As far as the promotion he received that’s on Cal…and who would turn down a promotion at their workplace..but he knows his role and who he is and he’s no personal man…so he wanted to bring in a man in Nick Caserio that he knows very well and through everything that this team has went through since 24-0 and man has it been rough.

I love what I’m seeing from this team just the over togetherness and morale is remarkable and that a testament to everybody involved
    From

Cal
    Caserio
    Easterby
    And even Culley

It’s not going to equate to winning right away but this team is headed in the right direction no doubt about it.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Can’t stress this enough

No JJ
    No Hop
    No Watson

Give credit to
    Cal
    Caserio
    Easterby
    Culley

For making all the tough decisions and really keeping this team together and bringing this team closer.

This also echoes what Ross blacklock said earlier as well.

7. Buck Turgidson

LOL.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yep. Give them all the credit for that, lol.

BigM, TEXNIFICENT, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Easy to be unselfish when the roster is a bunch of average players. Those selfish players are winning football games on other teams. The Texans will be fighting for a top 3 pick. But moral victories I suppose.

Rocket River, Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I think
    JJ has like 6 tackles in 3 games no sacks
    Hop is doing his thing but we all know what happens to hop in the playoffs (no show)
    And Watson is at home

raining threes and UTSA2step like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Those are all me me me guys not team team team guys

Glad I don’t have to see videos with JJ flipping tires just to be put on IR

Hop will disappear in the playoffs

And Watson well we all know his situation

raining threes and Fulgore like this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

They were so much more fun to watch with the “me guys” though.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Makes me grateful that JJ (just barely) got to 100 career sacks here right before he left.
    He may not get to raise that number too much higher anymore.

NEVER thought that would be something I'd be saying 5 years ago!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ah yes locker morale is important when u get ass blasted every game to get another year of losing.

Let's get rid of all our star marquee players for Jack sht, but hey we are the religious franchise that only has upstanding high moral players.

We are not winning the superbowl anytime soon with easterby around pushing his religion bs.

Nook likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Naw they are more fun now even losing every game most likely.

And with Caserio in charge now

raining threes likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nobody told Watson to be a creep and he has nobody but himself to blame for the situation he’s in and yes that means Easterby is blameless in all of this.

I give huge credit to Cal and Caserio and Easterby for making the very tough decisions to clean house and hit the reset button.

While we may be the laughing stock now Caserio has this team headed in the right direction. Along with Easterby.

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  17. Texanstradamus

We will see how hard they are playing when we are 1-5 beating the jags who always suck changes nothing for me won’t know till 2 years when caserio has his first 2 drafts sad thing is when this team does draft another Star player how long does he last here seems they rather have a bunch of guys that are cast offs from other teams than actually talented players

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Texanstradamus

Those selfish guys could make any roster I’m not sure these unselfish guys can that’s the reason they are on prove it deals

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

But have they really done that yet?

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh for sure.