1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unvaccinated Rockets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Doctor Robert, Sep 26, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

YES!! Rockets are all vaccinated!

#RunAsOne

HP3 and J.R. like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yep natural selection surely will strike me down. I can confidently say it won't be because of covid though.

Maybe old age. Or are car accident. That's more likely. Or I might visit Chicago and never make it out because I looked across the road the wrong way. But I guess you're probably right actually. Since no matter what of the above are the real reasons for my death, I'll still be put on the covid statistics.

Hush now crazy.

Tfor3 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I thought we had moved past segregation years ago? It’s now ok though since it’s about the pandemic.

Tfor3 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  4. CVcrew

YES! Just what I was waiting for. I mean, I might not have watched without this news!!

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Can't fix stupid I guess.

Best of luck to you.

HP3 and CVcrew like this.
  6. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

Can you explain to me how this is segregation? Is it segregation when kids can't come to school without measles vaccines? Do you know what that word means?

harold bingo, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  7. CVcrew

Insert not sure if serious gif “here”

“the action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart”

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Segregation has a racial component, so it is obvious he does not understand the word.

As I'm sure you know better than I, Racial segregation was supported by the "Seperate But Equal Doctrine" to circumvent the 14th Amendment.

Kids. :rolleyes:o_O

HP3 likes this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People get segregated all the time to protect other people or to protect themselves. You implied racial segregation with the “I thought we got rid of it a long time ago” comment. Of course you know that, but you’re disingenuous in everything else you say so this isn’t surprising.

10. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

I'm trying to be patient. When you say something is like segregation, I assume you mean to suggest that it's problematic in the way American racial segregation was problematic. In fact, I'm quite sure that's the connection you were making.

But if now all you are suggesting is that it's segregation in the sense that it's a rule that it separates people spatially by reference to some non-racial characteristic, that's a form of segregation that society uses all the time and there's nothing remotely problematic about it. Like I said, we "segregate" children when we require that they have vaccines to come to school. We segregate children by age when they are in classes that correspond with age. We segregate people by gender identity when we send them to different bathrooms. We segregate people by height when we have the little daffy duck pictures at amusement parks telling kids under four feet to go ride another roller coaster.

11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I take my 99.97% thank you very much

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

This is such an idiotic response. There are so many long term complications from COVID that aren't fatal. The unknown effects of COVID swamp the unknown effects of the vaccine. So what you're really doing is reciting a meaningless statistic so that you can incur greater personal risk and expose OTHER PEOPLE to elevated viral threat. It's one thing to be selfish when you're at least calculating your self interest correctly, but it's quite frustrating to watch people celebrate their right to hurt other people in the process of creating more danger for themselves.

Nobody can make you take the vaccine. But they can certainly refuse to employ you. Businesses can refuse to let you in. So you can celebrate your own inability to compute risk, but "I'll take my 99.97% thank you very much" isn't going to magically entitle you to be present in a social or business or professional or medical space that doesn't want you.

#273 lkrockets, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Dobbizzle, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

You know you can still get the virus even with the vaccine right? You will still get all of that unknown effects as well as all of the unknown effects of the vaccine. I just need more time on the vaccine...noone know the long term side effects of it yet...

Tfor3 and CVcrew like this.
  15. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

You can *get the virus* but you are 40 times less likely to die, 80 times less likely to find yourself in the hospital, and I-don't-know-how-much less likely to experience all the unknown effects of COVID.

16. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

I log in to get fired up about KPJ ride or die about H-town and I end up in a COVID fight.

WHY DO WE LIVE LIKE THIS.

sorry

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because some people are Selfish and ignorant, and screw it up for the entire community with their selfish behavior, they are the reason that the DELTA variant is killing people because all they think about is themselves - it should be mandated to go to a restaurant, a ball game anything....if people want to stay isolated and out of society - fine.

DD

Dobbizzle and HP3 like this.
  18. Possum

Possum Member

One of the most backwards ignorant post I’ve ever read. First off, it’s stupid to not be vaccinated? Ok so you’re gullible enough to take a non FDA approved experimental drug because politicians and big pharma funded science shills tell you you need to, we’ll that’s says it all. When did people start trusting their lives to politicians and big pharma? And what universe do you live in where “people that hate politicians are following politicians rather than science”? WTF are you talking about? All politicians are saying take it. Some are saying you should have a choice but theyre all saying you should take it.

This has become completely politicized. Politicians are scared to speak out against the vaccine. Cancel culture has become to prevalent. You would think that if the vaccine companies really cared about saving people they would be mass producing vaccines and distributing them free all over the world. It’s not like it would brake them. You think big pharma doesn’t have influence on most of these politicians? Trying to force people to take the vaccine even though they have natural immunity? That doesn’t bother you? I’m curious, how much research have you done on this subject? You do know there are thousands of DRs out there against these vaccines right? Thousand of the people you’re calling stupid are medical professionals. You know what category of people has the highest resistance to these vaccines? People with PHDs. How many studies have you read? YOU really shouldn’t be calling anyone stupid.

slothy420 and Tfor3 like this.
  19. Possum

Possum Member

Vaccinated people can pass it other. Jesus do some research.

20. mightybosstone

I never said they couldn't, chief. But they're far more likely to catch and spread it than those who are vaccinated. I covered this in subsequent posts.