1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unvaccinated Rockets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Doctor Robert, Sep 26, 2021.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's exactly what the league is doing with Wiggins and others. Even a hardline mandate wouldn't force people to get vaccinated against their will; it simply gives them the choice between getting vaccinated or not playing in the NBA. They just need to decide which is the higher priority for them.

(trying to keep this on-topic for the thread)

edwardc, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Better late than wait until it's too late.

edwardc and D-rock like this.
  3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

And can you tell me by how much? I’m not sure anyone can provide you data on how effective it is. There’s no argument that you ca still get it.

4. CVcrew

Do you not see the hypocrisy of this and why people are against a mandate? Obviously no. If the vaccine works, then you are protected. Why does another persons choice on wether to take a vaccine concern you?

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know if this is a problem in the US. But in Canada, most of the people that are in ICU's or hospitalized are unvaccinated. Due to these people taking up staff and hospital space, elective surgeries are delayed.

I know the US has a private health care system, but I would be mad if someone chose not to get vaccinated and ends up taking up space in the hospital that a sick patient could use.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Covid vaccine doesn't guarantee complete protection. Hence y its important for everyone to wear a fking mask, get vaccinated or do both to decrease the risk of spreading covid even further.

Imagine refusing the vaccine mandate as a health care worker. U r literally a potential danger to the immunocompromised. Might as well not wear PPE (personal protective equipment).

7. CVcrew

Look I didn’t say no one should be vaccinated. What I did say is that it should be a personal choice, one made between you and your physician, as very other medical vaccine and procedure.

With regard to drunk driving, of course. But now your trying to prove a personal choice to not experience side effects from a vaccine is the same thing as negligent homicide? That’s a reach don’t you think?

And so where do you stand on pro-choice. If this is about saving a life, no one can argue or support pro choice as we know inevitably, we’re saving a life. Unlike this vaccine that is proven to not be as effective as other vaccines…

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mandatory vaccinations have been around for DECADES in the United States.

SMFH

edwardc likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or parents.

edwardc likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Holy conspiracies Batman!!!

:eek:

I lived in San Francisco at the beginning of this pandemic, homeless are just as susceptible if not more.

Difference is they already practice distancing and self isolation.

Bodies are still found regularly.

Difference is that no one cares to identify cause of death if not homicide.

HP3 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ignorant rubbish.

edwardc likes this.
  12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Move this to D&D please

King1, slothy420, xiki and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

As have exemptions.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nah, GARM gets to see how the other half lives :D

Plowman and homewight like this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Dear Mods

Can this. Please. And let us return to GARMhood.

16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is the last post I'll be making here, but I urge you to do some research on how vaccines work and why high vaccination rates are important. This is not how they work. They do not make you immune. It's not a binary of "if it works, then you are protected." This isn't even about COVID, this applies to polio, tetanus, measles, whatever - the eradication of the disease requires a high rate of vaccination among the population. I'm not suggesting that COVID will be eradicated, I know it's different, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm just trying to correct the "if it works, then you're protected" mentality, because that's how you get to the "personal choice" thing. That's not how any of this works.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one denies this.

Was introducing this to move goalposts?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is perfectly fine IMO. A private company can set their own rules for their employees. Those same employees also can't make a lot of choices that other people get to make. That's the trade off.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No.....that's just the truth. If you don't realize that, you are the one who is ignorant about this.

I understand that you are likely just parroting things you heard other people tell you, but that's the same as being ignorant....especially when you are talking to people who know things first hand.

You get vaccines to protect YOU from a disease.....in this case you get it to give you lower odds of contracting a virus and better odds of mild symptoms if you catch it anyway.

When you catch it anyway, you still pass it on and if those people didn't protect themselves by getting vaccinated, they are at risk of contracting it the same as if you were unvaccinated yourself.

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gawd damn you are stupid.

HP3 likes this.