1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall is true pro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 28, 2021.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Sorry bro, I didnt realize that appreciating when 'the guy we wanna get rid of is being cool while we find a trade' was such a controversial stance... lol

burlesk likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't realize folks will go through the mental hoops of praising some laughable wall professionalism that isn't even really there.

good job wall. You're happy not play on one of the worst teams, when you're coming off major injury and making supermax. Man you are such a pro

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

$40m and I'll be a true pro about anything you want.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have the option to act a fool if he wants to get paid his salary. Rockets would be more than willing to fine him for missed practices and suspend him for missed games. Most players that act a fool know that team is unwilling to just take the loss of the player as getting something in a trade is better than nothing. Rockets don't have option of getting something in a trade as Wall right now is perceived as overpaid.

5. kjayp

all a matter of perspective i guess... after the last 2 years in general... and after the upheaval from last year... I appreciate the lack of drama...

burlesk likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean the team literally went from perennial contender to one of the worst teams at the bottom in a short time span. not exactly much room down there for drama when you can't get much worse. It's basically a matter of how many more years they'll stay down there which could be quite awhile

7. kjayp

theres a comedian who has a bit...
    the comedians claim to fame is that he was at the 'Malice in the Palace'...
    but paraphrasing...
    "I realized that if I'm getting paid millions of dollars to put a ball in a hoop - there's nothing you can say that's going to upset me..."
    "Yer mamma's a b****!"
    "Yeh, she gets that way some time..." :)

Xerobull likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

upheaval from Tilman's decision to tank?

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There is a 100% chance that Wall would be doing the "acting a fool" thing if he was at all desireable. He can't be a diva because he knows no one wants him, so this is his only option: chill and get paid.

jordnnnn and burlesk like this.
  10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Dang, I'll be even truer and stand in his stead for the balance of the contract.

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

True...but there are many who are also heavily compensated, and yet don't act professional anyway.

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I will miss our tank commander TBH…. We may win some games this year… more than I would like to at least

burlesk likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny thing is of the 17 games the rockets won, 12 of them were with Wall actually playing

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he wants to play all he has to do is negotiate out of his contract. Don't feel sorry for him at all

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's funny how people think getting paid a lot of money makes it easy to act more professional. They call it f you money for a reason.

burlesk likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Really more an observation on how many highly paid athletes act the fool anyway.

kjayp likes this.
  17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So are lots of players who end up getting traded. In fact, isn't being considered overpaid what usually puts one in the 'being traded' category to start with? CP3, at about the same salary, was considered by most here as highly overpaid. Not only did he get traded (twice, in fact), but is Phoenix thinking they got a bad deal? Likely not.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Would they? Not really. Don't think the offer needs to blow them away or anything, but they're definitely expecting a return.

I imagine salary cap implications make it almost certain they have to get something back, most likely some other team's highly paid problem(s)?

19. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Same old hypocritical story, the organization can do a player as dirty and unjust as they want with no backlash. A player use his power like an organization and he's the worse. Filthy system or hypocrites.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no hes not a true professional... if he were a true professional he would be working on his 3pt shot and lob throwing skills...