1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Unvaccinated Rockets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Doctor Robert, Sep 26, 2021.

1. mightybosstone

The vaccinated are significantly less likely to catch the virus. Also, you're completely ignoring the huge benefits of herd inmunity. Every person who refuses to get a vaccine is one more person away from us reaching that goal, which could prevent us from ever having huge waves of hospitalizations or deaths ever again.

Were you vaccinated as a kid? Did your parents know what was in those vaccines? How about every food you've ever eaten, supplement you've ever used or medicine you've ever taken? Are you experienced enough in nutrition or health care to really know every single thing that goes in your body? I highly doubt it.

We trust medical professionals for a reason. They're the experts. And we've trusted doctors in society for centuries. But for some reason it's become popular in today's society to think we know better than people who are experts in their field and are far smarter and more equipped than we are to make those decisions. That logic is infuriating to me. You are not a doctor. Don't act like one.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's amusing to see quite a few members come out of the woodwork to post in a thread that has little to do with basketball and more to do with health/science. It appears that some have said to themselves "Hell yes! Finally, I can stop lurking around here and use an account I created back in 2007 to post about something I know very little about other than the YouTube videos I've watched because surely that makes me more of an expert than actual doctors and epidemiologists that dedicated a good portion of their lives to this very subject!" Like if you're waiting for a full blown pandemic to post on here....maybe you need to find another forum to actively participate in....or you're a sad and sick person just waiting on the next pandemic to make your voice heard?

HP3, theDude, amaru and 3 others like this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I used to think only sports, finances, and politics were areas that non experts thought they were smarter than the experts... can you imagine if there was the ASK THE AUDIENCE option when someone is performing a surgery?

D-rock, HP3, mightybosstone and 2 others like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"You're using a scalpel??? Boy my granddaddy taught me how to cut open a pig and he used a bowie knife every single time. That man you got laying on that table looks to be pretty hoggish. I would go with a bowie knife"

D-rock and xiki like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This would make sense if those who get COVID-19 that are unvaccinated didn't end up with better COVID-19 immunity than those who got vaccinated but never were infected with COVID-19.

People refusing vaccination has no impact on heard immunity, that's something that'll happen eventually no matter what, they are just opting for an unnecessarily risky route.

Denovo and Tfor3 like this.
  6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

That's where the right wing nuts are wrong. This is not a private matter. This is not about personal choice. This has nothing to do with freedom. If you do not get vaccinated, you are a threat to the public health. The science is clear. Your right to choose does not trump my right to live safely. All players who won't get vaccinated should be suspeneded until they get the shot. Period.

D-rock and DaDakota like this.
  7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

o

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I love it when those who know little to nothing about what they are talking about say things like "the science is clear", it's adorable.

You can catch COVID-19 from someone who is vaccinated just as you can catch it from someone who is unvaccinated.

If you are vaccinated or have prior infection, you are significantly less likely to catch it and it's less likely to be severe.

Someone else deciding to refuse vaccination does not impact your safety in any way if you are vaccinated. You'd have the same risk from the vaccinated who are infected as you would from the unvaccinated who are infected.

You aren't helping when you spread ignorant misinformation. If anything lies push those who are skeptical away further. There's a compelling case for vaccination without resorting to lies....and if you don't know the difference, maybe sit this one out.

Denovo, Smacktle, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Amen brother!

I'm so glad the players got the vaccine and will never get Covid now.

Oh wait.

Let me try that again.

I'm so glad the players got the vaccine and will never give Covid to someone now.

Oh wait.

Smacktle and Tfor3 like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's simple programming. There are countries that are purposely creating misinformation campaigns and pushing them into Americans hands to destabilize our democracy. The C.I.A. have been doing it for years.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

One of the main reasons people get sick and have been in doctor offices all of their lives is because of what we eat, drink, along with the vaccinations and medications we've taken voluntarily. Just because people have been vaccinated for different reasons majority of their lives doesn't mean the vaccinations have been safe. There's a reason why so many holistic doctors (who don't believe in prescribing medications) have mysteriously died (look it up). You all are being mind controlled and don't realize it. Here's the proof: You know sugar is harmful and life threatening, but most people won't stop eating stuff containing sugar. People in power wont advise you to stop eating stuff that contains sugar. Why? They've encouraged people to stay indoors, when being outside is much better and healthier for the body. The sun has healing energy. Staying in the house is very harmful if you've ever had a water leak and didn't get your home properly repaired. Toxic mold is a dangerous, life threatening thing that no one talks about. Some people who have died - it's been because of toxic mold in their homes. If this isn't properly documented then a doctor won't know what's wrong with someone who ends up sick or dead due to toxic mold.

They're not encouraging you to drink water. Companies have to label food "organic." Why? Food should just be food and healthy for us to eat. But it's not. Companies are allowed to sell products that are harmful to us. They haven't banned the stuff that kills us everyday. Not only that, but they aren't encouraging you to change eating habits. They're not encouraging you to exercise. People are wearing masks everywhere they go, getting vaccinated and have the nerve to be upset that others aren't vaccinated, and still eating, drinking and medicating themselves with stuff that kills people everyday. People still aren't exercising as much as they need to.

The reason why people aren't doing these things to keep them healthy is because the media, CDC, the government, etc AREN'T TELLING YOU TO. If they told you to and said it would help save your life, maybe you would. Since y'all like to do what you're told. The same people who gave us a food chart growing up telling us we need to eat certain things like dairy products, etc for a "healthy diet" (lies) are telling people they should get vaccinated. You put your trust in the same people who have lied to us all of our lives. Ask yourself why they aren't offering tips to keep the doctor away. A sip of apple cider vinegar a day would keep this virus away. Alkaline water (which hardly any Americans even know about) would help but they haven't mentioned it.

Some of you are talking about the flu shot most of us have taken growing up. I stopped getting the flu when I stopped getting flu vaccinations years ago. I used to get the flu EVERY year growing up. Now no one even has the flu anymore. Today if you get sick, you must have this corona virus. All of a sudden there's no such thing as an upper respiratory infection, etc. I haven't been sick since I stopped taking medication, and stopped playing their game. It's a money game. Pharmaceutical companies stay in business by making sure you get sick. Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, etc was awarded billions for this vaccination. People involved int the stock market made thousands/millions betting who would win the contract. So stop calling others stupid for not wanting to get vaccinated. Y'all are the dummies going around telling people they need to get vaccinated. Stop letting them control your mind, and stop belittling others because they choose not to fall for this BS.

Ask yourself why there's never been reports of a record number of homeless people getting sick or dying from this virus. People who don't have access to sinks, showers, etc. People who haven't been able to buy the fancy masks. People who don't have access to healthcare. The reason why is because if this were to happen, this would cause a much bigger issue. Trillions have been spent bailing people out so they won't end up homeless and they still haven't helped so many people who already are. Why are people with homes and health insurance dying, while those without (homeless) aren't? Celebrities have "died from Corona" but not the average Joe who's been homeless and has nothing. THINK ABOUT IT.

#172 BasketballMind, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    slothy420 and Smacktle like this.
  13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s actually very similar to the way we approach basketball discussions.

14. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

The risk of catching and transmitting covid is lower for a vaccinated individual compared to a vaccinated person or someone that had acquired immunity through infection.

What you're saying is true once the vast majority of people have been vaccinated or have acquired immunity from infection. However, until that happens, an unvaccinated person and someone that doesn't have acquired immunity absolutely carried more risk of spreading it than a vaccinated person just due to the increased chance catching covid.

Would you rather be stuck in a room day in and day out with ten unvaccinated people with no natural immunity or ten vaccinated people? It's much less likely for one of the ten vaccinated people to get sick and become contagious than the ten unvaccinated people. Even the 100% vaccinated room is not zero risk since the vaccine is not 100% effective, but the risk is absolutely not the same.

I am not against giving vaccine exemptions to someone that can prove that they had covid and have recovered from it though.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

WHOA! Where is the data on that? Can you point me to a source that backs that up?

16. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, the risk of catching and transmitting COVID is less among those who have had it and recovered from it than those who are merely vaccinated. So you got that part wrong.

On top of that, I'm educated as to the risks and I'm not a coward.....I have previously had COVID, and I've been vaccinated. On top of that, I'm not over 50, I'm not morbidly obese, and I don't have any other serious health conditions, so I'm not worried about the vaccination status of anyone. None of them are a threat to me.

In fact, every day I'm surrounded by both those who are vaccinated and those who are unvaccinated. It's just not a problem one way or the other.

The idea that the COVID vaccination should be mandatory has less to do with "science" or health than it does with obedience to political dogma.

I still support people getting the vaccine, but it only even potentially benefits you. Those insane people who are a hair away from advocating the unvaccinated be branded and thrown into camps are the real threat to society.

Smacktle, Denovo and Tfor3 like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No one said its a vaccine that magically prevents u from getting covid. Dumbass maybe if u look up what the vaccine actually does so u wouldn't sound so ignorant.

Won't wear mask for protection, won't get the vaccinations either. Demand drugs that arent designed for covid as treatment. Natural selection will take it course on peeps like u I guess.

#178 DatRocketFan, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  19. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Yes. I said that wrong. I've seen data from UK saying acquired immunity is on-par with vaccination immunity and Israel data that acquired immunity is better than vaccination immunity. So I am not against having acquired immunity being treated as good as vaccination immunity.

None of the unvaccinated are a risk to you since you are not in a risk group and you're doubly protected from both vaccination and prior infection. What about people that are in risk groups or have family members in risk groups?

Vaccination should not be affiliated with any political dogma. All political parties should push for vaccination.

The main point of my post is saying that your statement

is false since the unvaccinated carries more risk to infect other people than a vaccinated person or someone that has acquired immunity.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would certainly hope that someone who is in a high risk group or that have close friends or family members who are in high risk groups would get vaccinated and have those people they care about be vaccinated as well.

That said, while the viral load of someone who is unvaccinated and infected could feasibly be higher than that of a vaccinated person or person with natural immunity, it shouldn't really matter if you are vaccinated. Now if the "at risk" person has some kind of terminal illness, was unhealthy and in their late 80's or something like that, perhaps the vaccine wouldn't be enough to prevent them from dying.....but it wouldn't matter if the infected person they encountered was vaccinated or not.

You get the vaccine to protect YOU, not to protect anyone else.

Denovo likes this.