1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unvaccinated Rockets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Doctor Robert, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Question answered. Close thread!

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sure it doesn't stop you from getting it entirely, but it makes you much less likely to get it which also means you're much less likely to pass it to someone else. Just because it doesn't stop it doesn't mean it doesn't help, it's like wearing a seatbelt.

3. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

Lots of sheep in here

Smacktle and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. showa13

showa13 Member

For any Reddit frequenters, you should check out r/hermaincainaward

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It would be great if we could just take a one size fits all approach, but we can't. It seems that the data points to a mixture of what both of you said.

Prior covid infection very likely appears to provide more dynamic and more durable protection than 2 vaccine shots. One vaccine shot seems to be sufficient if you had a prior infection. Two shots seems to create unnecessary side effects and no greater benefit if you have been infected before.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

"Results SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccinees had a 13.06-fold (95% CI, 8.08 to 21.11) increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected, when the first event (infection or vaccination) occurred during January and February of 2021. The increased risk was significant (P<0.001) for symptomatic disease as well. When allowing the infection to occur at any time before vaccination (from March 2020 to February 2021), evidence of waning natural immunity was demonstrated, though SARS-CoV-2 naïve vaccinees had a 5.96-fold (95% CI, 4.85 to 7.33) increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold (95% CI, 5.51 to 9.21) increased risk for symptomatic disease. SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccinees were also at a greater risk for COVID-19-related-hospitalizations compared to those that were previously infected.

Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant."

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/f...m/retrieve/pii/S2211124721010044?showall=true

"From our studies of the humoral and cellular spike-specific immunity in recipients of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, we conclude that a single dose of the vaccine elicits the generation of specific antibodies and a T cell immune response in naive and COVID-19 recovered individuals, consistent with recently published data ((Prendecki et al., 2021; Tauzin et al., 2021). In naive subjects, the T cell response is boosted in conjunction with spike-specific IgG levels after the second dose. On the contrary, the second vaccine dose not increase the spike-specific T cell response in individuals with a pre-existing immunity against SARS-CoV-2 and further evidences that a single-dose vaccine is sufficient to induce protective immunity in Covid-19 recovered individuals"

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2101

"A large study in the UK32 and another that surveyed people internationally33 found that people with a history of SARS-CoV-2 infection experienced greater rates of side effects after vaccination. Among 2000 people who completed an online survey after vaccination, those with a history of covid-19 were 56% more likely to experience a severe side effect that required hospital care.33

Patrick Whelan, of UCLA, says the “sky high” antibodies after vaccination in people who were previously infected may have contributed to these systemic side effects. “Most people who were previously ill with covid-19 have antibodies against the spike protein. If they are subsequently vaccinated, those antibodies and the products of the vaccine can form what are called immune complexes,” he explains, which may get deposited in places like the joints, meninges, and even kidneys, creating symptoms."

Smacktle and Tfor3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Please stop this right now. https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/covid-19-vaccine-after-having-covid-19

Yea, you are right if you had Covid and had a severe case, you dont have to. But if you had a mild one you still do. EVERYONE should and will have to get a vaccine for this just like the flu.

Im so sick of this anti vax sentiment. The fact is if you caught Covid while the Vaccine is still out there YOU ARE AN IRRESPONSIBLE IDIOT AND A SELFISH d******d

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Imagine being this selfish, a Vaccine is not a political you freaking idiots and anyone who thinks it is is wrong.

gfab-babyboi and subtomic like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It prevents you from getting a serious case of the virus, and almost certainly protects against you dying from it.

You are being pedantic - you are being selfish - get the vaccine - you are potentially harming yourself, which is your right, but you are also potentially harming others.....flip it around.....you say the vaccine doesn't protect you, don't you care about your parents and grandparents? I mean they had the vaccine but it doesn't protect them right?

DD

9. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Literally the opposite of this. The vaccinated are super spreaders with higher viral loads but fewer symptoms, so when they get it they go out infecting everyone around them. You've also shortened your life, so have fun with that.

You sold your soul to big pharma so you could be a good boy.

Smacktle likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh the irony

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can you name one time in history when the people who wanted to silence those with differing opinions, were ever the good guys? I'd say I'd wait. But I know your only response would be to scream at me and yell through the computer because that's your only retort. Bubye clown

Tfor3 and slothy420 like this.
  12. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn’t a matter of opinion - it’s a matter of science and people with scientifically wrong opinions don’t get to have their ludicrous ideas published in science journals or taught in classrooms. Barring them isn’t censorship - it’s maintaining quality.

You and your ilk are no better than someone who claims that someone of another race is inferior - there’s no science behind that “opinion” and the toxicity it introduces is harmful.

Do us all a favor and leave the internet by any means possible.

topfive, DaDakota and 1 other person like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

How has this thread lasted this long here? I dont come on clutchfans to see people brawl about politics and social issues. You idiots take this fight somewhere else.

King1 and clos4life like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm just glad our players aren't as uneducated as some of these posters and got it over with.

Less drama 2 worry about. If u don't want 2 get vaccinated at least keep your uneducated nonsense 2 yourself instead of spreading misinformation like its facts.

groovemachine and Reeko like this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Did you even read anything I wrote or linked? I mean it's clear you didn't, but I figured I'd ask.

And yes I read what you linked and it reiterated some of the points my post said.

#155 robbie380, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

I didnt disputing what you wrote. Im disputing what people are going to take out of what you posted, which is that if you already got covid, you shoulndt get a Vaccine or that you'll never need one. What you posted was for people who understand the nuance of the topic, given the buffoonery of this thread all this is going to do is make themselves feel better about not getting vaxed without actually understanding in depth what the stuff you posted was about.

Was not insulting you, apologies if it came across that way.

#156 HP3, Sep 28, 2021
    robbie380 likes this.
  17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Even if the vaccine doesn't prevent you contracting it, even if it doesn't prevent you from passing it (both of which it mostly does) it prevents it from being a life-threatening condition, which is what it was meant to do. And yes it can still be passed. Because we're not at herd immunity. Because of some people.

But It keeps vaccinated people that contract covid out of the hospital and it keeps them from dying. Over 90% of covid patients in hospitals are unvaccinated and a lot of places are running out of beds.

So I don't know, if someone doesn't want to help protect themselves or others from severe illness, maybe they should stick to their guns and not take up a hospital bed.

Not everything is a matter of personal choice. Sometimes we look out for each other. If it is my personal choice to drive drunk, I assume you wouldn't support that and you shouldn't, because personal choice should stop at the water's edge of harming others. There is no better example of harming others in the name of personal choice than this virus situation.

DaDakota, subtomic, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  18. elrond

elrond Member

On the very slight offhand chance that there's anyone genuinely concerned about pfizer/moderna vaccines due to being new mRNA technology based vaccines, figured I'd provide a reminder that the J&J vaccine is also available and uses more traditional vaccine technology.

If you're anti-vaccination for pretty much any reason, definitely ignore my post :) Unfortunately there are still tons of countries with very limited access to vaccines. At this point I figure if the remaining people in the US don't want to get vaccinated, then would be great for the USA to start doing a better job of donating or selling vaccines to the rest of the world.

DaDakota and gfab-babyboi like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind that this guy is from Utah.

[​IMG]

Utah science is a little, different.

:D

#159 RudyTBag, Sep 28, 2021
    gfab-babyboi likes this.
  20. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Ben is on the money here - as always

topfive likes this.