1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arizona - SHAM GOP AUDIT - results are in - Biden BIGGER WINNER!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't make me cry .gif

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

All of you fellas getting angry with each other. When in essence it boils down to Donald Trump. So much breath and effort wasted these last 6 years on an utterly worthless man devoid of hardly any good or decent qualities. Bravo

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ive actually learned the past 4 years its less about Trump than I thought and more to do with an antidemocratic movement in the world fed by disinformation around social media and the billionaires who profit off of it. Not just the US. Balsonaro is a good example of this being not just a US problem. Marine LePen is another.

Our problems go way beyond Mr. Spray tan micro penis carnival barker. It could easily have been Roger Stone or Marjorie Traitor Green or Ted Cruz claiming the same role among the right.

4. dobro1229

Also I've learned that when you zoom out of American politics and look at leaders like Trudeau, Macron, Scott Morrison, etc. Biden doesn't look like an anomaly of a president struggling to lead a free society that has MAJOR systemic issues. Even Canada has some real issues with their right wing facistic wing.

We are headed to a pretty dark place in the next 10 years, and I can only hope that the regression in freedom & equality has a major bounceback after the world experiences .... again... how crappy it is to have the world run by corrupt strongmen fascists.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope human evolution wins out. There is a certain theme in my mind… with people that can follow Balsonaro/Trump, believe in the tele preachers (those people are essentially evil in my eyes) fall for pyramid schemes, cults, QAnon, etc etc etc.

Thennin this country you get left with alternatives like Biden/Clinton/Pelosi. No matter which way you turn you are faced with complete ineptitude, lying, grifting. The distrust is palatable and parallels with what has happened with Covid and older fat uneducated people not getting a vaccine and dying.

It’s unfortunate. I try to stay informed and to be a good person. But I personally struggle with Grad school, work, being a single parent to a kid that is amazing and if I do my job right will be something special. So I just try to enjoy life while it’s here. Work hard. Try my best to be empathetic which I struggle with (see fat/uneducated statements above) and not look down on individuals too much. It’s hard though. There are so many that have barely picked up a book their whole lives. With social media these days though have a strong opinion on soooo many things.

Andre0087, dobro1229 and VooDooPope like this.
  6. dobro1229

Yeah I have a 6 year old myself and there's usually at least once a day where I just sort of get things thrown in perspective. I think it's important to be active in your community which then leads into influencing government and that ultimately influences Democracy & freedoms.... However you have to learn how to compartmentalize that so you don't let it take away the time that needs to be spent in the more important areas of your life.

I think it was Obama that said something along the lines that Justice and Freedom not being a straight line, but more of an upward wave. If you zoom out and see where we were back in the biblical days where women were stoned in the street for having sex out of wedlock, I think we've hopefully made some progress.... but then again we do come back to those old testament moments where the crazies on the right scam the government into making abortion illegal in Texas via tax payer funded vigilantism.

So some things change.... some things stay the same in humanity. We are a very very flawed species for sure that are our own worst enemies. Nothing is more important than your kin, their happiness, and future.

peleincubus likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There are things about monotheistic religions that make me think in my opinion are past their due date. While providing the world with some benefits I think may at this point now be holding the world back.

Oil money has been propping up the Muslim world and the middle east for a long time now. What happens when that goes away however long that takes? It is a finite time when that happens and the screwed up society that Islam has turned the countries where it dominates.

I could type about this for a while but being on my phone it is hard to make cohesive thoughts on it. I do know fewer people go to church than ever. I think the numbers are a little better for Muslims though.

dobro1229 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

What keeps people both Islam and Christian in the church as well as activists for the church is the fear & doomsday aspect that is fed into their message on a weekly or sometimes daily basis. I was brought up in a hard core evangelist family, and parents made me go to a church that did the whole speaking in tongues thing, etc. However the biggest draw for that crowd, and the thing that animated them to move on issues, was the threat of the end of the world, and their motivation to get their spot in Heaven.

I see the same thing with Islam in these fundamentalist groups, but the only difference is these people are less hypocrites, and take the fundamental text much much more serious. However I've seen that change more and more with Evangelical Christianity because of where the pulpit ends, and where social media/QAnon stuff then picks up. QAnon and other communities are focused on tapping into everyday fears, and then motivating political activism on the right.

Jihadist online recruiting follows the same formula. And the purpose is the same... which is to gain power by volume, and attendance. ISIS needs personnel in order to intimidate and ultimately tax villages & cities in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. ISIS was always about taking power by controlling land, and taxes in the region.

The MAGA movement likewise needs volume, and attendance in order to turn out for elections... for now... but ultimately where this is going is somewhere much darker as it always ends up being over in the middle east. If MAGA warriors never actually do anything, nobody will be intimidated by them. Violence is only a matter of time coming, and that's just human nature in our history.

And because Religion was ultimately created as a tool for organizing manpower who are motivated by fear and reward.... religion is almost always going to be used because people will always be drawn to it because ITS FREAKING SCARY to think about dying, and nothingness.

Longwinded thought stream I know, but I think about this quite often because of how I was brought up, and how I see the world now.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

him and his supporters

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only losers support Donald Trump. The biggest losers even make it their personality.

[​IMG]

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Billionaires make billions off a pandemic it really says a lot about the way things have been heading. When opportunists jack the prices of medications, gas, lumber, or whatever else people need during hard times, hurricanes, sickness, or other times of desperation it's just ruthless profiteering. Yet, the government gives them the biggest tax breaks and PPP bailouts.

dobro1229 likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Short and fat? Lol. Ok. I'm 6'3" and 217 pounds. Happy to put money on that too. I'll continue to make fun of you guys

13. King1

Spot on. He's too clueless to realize it though

14. King1

And yet you take none of the bets I've offered

15. dmoneybangbang

Spare us. "For whatever reason" you continually show yourself to be unable to understand cause and effect throughout multiple threads. Trump started this BIE LIE and now Republicans in power are putting into action. Trump even doubled downed on it after embarrassingly losing again and got Hot Wheels to audit Texas counties where GOP want to blunt Democrats.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I can teach you but I'd have to charge..

Actually its fun enough seeing sweet Lou and andre3007 brutalize you over and over.

You are a chihuahua chasing a laser pointer.
    The boyz are waiting..
    Edit damn right it's better than yourz

@tinman

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]