1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 Rockets Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 26, 2021.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

12th***

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Naw we going to destroy!

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

^ Green as Gordon and Sengun as Tucker. Sengun be like "Heh, another TO for Green. Em so hehpee."

4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H

I corrected my comment to 12th lol

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN

Yeah. Dude had a framed photo of Chuck Hayes in his office. But he doesn't care about his players at all.

Nook, DeBeards, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

I HAVE GROWN TO LOVE ALPEREN SENGUN!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

NBA is going to drug test Sengun pretty soon. All this I'm Happy talk, he is def on Shrooms.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All Morey did was promote himself and Harden. Even his fans were saying he was a generational gm.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Of course I can!
    Morey cultivated an image for himself as a sophisticated science-driven innovator, which he sold to the media of mostly clueless white blog-boys. Fact is his number-crunching never produced any unique insight that could be helpful to a team, it was just for self-promotion purposes. The whole thing is a sham without any scientific basis whatsoever. He doesn’t have the education or the expertise for real scientific inquiry, he’s just a shallow business school graduate, selling himself as a scientist.

And he’s a sociopath because he disregards the norms of decent human behaviour through 1. constant lying (“I am never trading CP3”, “I left to,spend time with family”, etc.) 2. Treating human beings as inanimate assets, without care for their development and 3. Treating his fellow GMs as if they are clueless idiots (“give me Tatum and 3 FRPs for simmons)

Enough?

RocketOrg, rockets1995 and cheke64 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

if John Wall actually had a wishlist, I’d die laughing

How can u have a wishlist when nobody wants u?

clos4life, D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Just glad none of those fools are on the Rockets.

Nook, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Is there even a test for shrooms? Do you piss fungi our something?

Anyway, I have two thoughts about this absurdly crass and ugly patch on our jerseys:

1. For the first time ever I'm glad we are not wearing our championship uniforms. I couldn't bear to see those so callously desecrated.

2. Start saving your money now because maybe we can crowd source a ClutchFans patch for next year.

Nook, macho GRANDE, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't understand what you want from Morey that you're also getting with Stone. Praising a non-superstar player? It's not like Stone has gushed about players on the end of the bench. FWIW, Morey praised Nwaba.

I'm sure there's more articles, soundbites and quotes of Morey giving props to players not named Harden, too. So "all [he] did was promote himself and Harden" is untrue.

DeBeards, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

To your first point, I don't think Morey ever tooted his own horn. It's not like he angled for news conferences and tried to get a soundbite in to every medium that would report his words. He wasn't a self-touted savant at GMing basketball. Was he vocal about his approach to situations? Sure, whenever he was interviewed for something. But the general public labeled him as a "sophisticated science-driven innovator." And somehow, you think that Morey did that to himself. To my knowledge, Morey has never labeled himself that. Dude doesn't have the ego of Tony Stark lol. And it's weird that you're calling out his education/expertise when he's more suited for scientific inquiry than you, me and most of the other GMs in the NBA.

To your second point: iirc, he never said he wasn't trading CP3. Can you provide articles or the soundbites? All I've read in my cursory search is that Morey said CP3 never requested to be traded up until Morey traded him. That's a lot different than saying you won't trade someone then you trade him. You can leave to spend time with family...but if a good job offer comes up, would you really not take it? Sure, the timing is unsavory, but it's hard to pass up a chance to GM a team that has Simmons/Embiid and is a contender. Strange criticism from you.

The last two points: You do realize Morey, along with every other GM, is trying to win with their roster? I'm sorry that you held low FRPs or benchwarmers in such high regard, but when you have James Harden and think you have a chance to win a title even in a period where GSW is a dominating goliath, you do whatever it takes. And Ben Simmons, apart from Embiid, is Philly's biggest trade chip. You have to do your due diligence and ask big. Why would he sell himself short?

Y'all hate just to hate. smh.

Smacktle, BMoney, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the shorts length is still so ridiculous. lol

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nwaba was a Stone find if im not mistaken.

DeBeards likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Right? Definitely not short enough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

19. i3artow i3aller

The clip of KPJ dribbling on his instagram story as Christopher films it is so funny. Watch the footwork lol

DeBeards likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

Just watched Stone & Wall. I think Wall has so much class (I know he got paid 131k today, yesterday, tomorrow & the next day for years to come) Player / Coach / Mentor / check casher.