1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First 2 Games (Watson / Mills Comparison)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Sep 24, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol u gotta stop minimizing Watson abilities, he isn't some random scrub. Just accept the fact that our sht franchise fked up the relationship we had with him and now he wants out. Can't risk him getting injured cause he's that valuable that we would rather keep pay an alleged rapist to not play.

If he was some rando player his ass would have been cut already.

We can't even send him to a team where we can benefit most because he can reject it.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Really not trying to minimize his abilities. Last year he showed he could be an elite quarterback in terms of actual quarterback skills (accuracy, decision making) but it didn’t translate to wins.
    Rodgers and Wilson have carried bad teams to winning records. It sucks that this all happened, he was finally putting everything together.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We have a sht team and we still do. Regardless if Watson was qb. Y u ask? Its not bc of Watson talent it's because our front office decided to promote a sht coach to gm. Man has no experience and what he do he got rid of Hopkins for literally nothing. Signed a bunch of sht signing and traded our future to fix an oline he personally fked up. Like look at our team right now literally no one is left that is worth mentioning is on our team.

Watt gave up on our team, cause it was so horrible under BoB guidance. It is what it is.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can we get an update to this thread after this Bills game?

Fulgore likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thread should have been blocked

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd remove it if I could. Just watching this beat down makes me sick. I blame Watson for putting us in this damn situation after signing a 4 year contract. If we had just signed someone else instead of that jerk with that big money we wouldn't have had to rely on an injury prone Taylor or have had to throw a 3rd round rookie with hardly any college experience on the field. Watson screwed us royally. I don't even want to hear that nasty pig's name again. Biggest mistake the Texans ever made was signing that accused sexual predator to a big contract.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Biggest mistake the Texans ever made was allowing Cal McNair to become owner. 10 years after Watson retires, the Texans will still be a joke.

DatRocketFan and Fulgore like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

As bad as O'Brien as GM was, the Texans are in this position because Watson is a scum bag. He has been doing this thing with the Massages since at least 2019 and just got worse with it. Watson did that, not the Texans. He would have already been traded and the Texans would have had 3-1st round plus 3 other picks already.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't disagree with that as far as ownership. The biggest mistake our management made
    signing a QB was Watson. If we had only signed a great QB to all that money who wasn't going to just quit before the season ever started. A liar, a man not to be trusted, an accused sexual predator, and a man who was the biggest mistake we ever made in signing a player. Watson in a nutshell. Oh, the Texans might be a joke for awhile but Watson will always be a creepy predator and lying jerk.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

And... Your right. I remember Watson as a rookie against New England and Seattle. We lost but man not like today. Mills had absolutely nothing. I felt bad for the young man honestly.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And that was the legion of boom Seattle team. Watson torched them

Cstyle42 likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I know why Caserio picked him BUT I still think it was a mistake. It's obvious to everybody that he just don't have it.

He only had 11 starts and you use your first pick on him?? I would've waited until round 4 or picked up Jaime Newman, he couldn't have been any worse

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Jamie Newman?
    A free agent right now. Jamie Newman is not good.
    Why would you want him?

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And Mills is good?

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t know yet. But he’s in the league, and a lot of team scouts thought high of him.

I’ll ask again. What makes Newman good?
    Mills is same size, better arm and faster.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I knew the pick was a project. Soon as Tyrod went down... Nico Collins goes down... I'm looking at Mills saying hell naw. Then Cobb in GB scoring 2 TDs so far today.

Fulgore likes this.
  18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Don't know if Newman is any better or worse but we do know Mills isn't good at all.

My point was, we shouldn't have drafted Mills there. If Mills wouldn't have been on the board when they picked later, why not pick Newman? Many draft boards had Newman ahead of Mills.

I think the Texans drafted Mills because Pep Hamilton had a relationship with him and he sold them on Mills

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No draft boards had him higher. There were boards with Mills as a late first rounder and for sure second rounder.

And no, we don’t know if Mills is good yet or not. He’s had 2 starts against very good defenses. Every other rookie QB has had terrible games too.

What we do know is Newman can’t even get a job in the league.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Respectfully, I'll disagree. He is talented enough on the field that we should be able to move his contract, and despite his off field troubles, recoup good value for him.