1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gabby Petito murder mystery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I know her YouTube stuff is popular now. What I’m trying to determine is did she have any followers BEFORE she went missing.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im sure this guy has already taken his life….

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ask them kids yo
    That’s her audience
    No old people follow her
    @Jontro
    I watch some of the tech people and tv people
    Like this dude

@Ziggy

Ziggy likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade, Blatz and Newlin like this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Are you surprised? tinman has the mental capacity of a child.

Cue 99ers are the only fans, 50+ year old man-childs gatekeeping on an internet forum per usual LOL

Rashmon, Yung-T and Blatz like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

Nah. Nothing in his actions indicate he would do that. Lawyers up. Stays silent. Sneaks out and nobody knows where he is. Family also clams up.

If he was suicidal, he could have just walked into his back yard and done it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Turning that around, what possible "actions" could he have taken that would indicate it?

His family retaining an attorney doesn't preclude him from anything, IMO.

It's just as plausible (if not more plausible) that he's dead in a ditch somewhere as any other explanation.

That's all part and parcel about why this story has captured the entire country's attention. It's just so open ended and strange.

8. TheresTheDagger

Well, the most obvious "action" he could have taken to show he was suicidal would be to commit or attempt suicide. We have zero indication this has occurred.

True.

Certainly plausible. Highly unlikely IMHO, unless he had a change of heart and decided to end it all rather than run. I'm simply saying given his recent actions and his missing status it would seem suicide isn't the goal but escape is.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

No ****. She's the most famous person in America this week.

Prior to September 12th she basically had zero traffic on her YouTube channel.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCsgnE460ebvgB1I30gwuLkw/monthly[/QUOTE]

I don't know how big their channel is dude
    but this went viral

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/style/gabby-petito-case-tiktok-social-media.html
    Hundreds of thousands of people are reported missing in the United States every year. But it’s rare for a single case to capture the public’s attention — and galvanize individuals to take action — as the disappearance of Gabrielle Petito has.

In July, Ms. Petito, 22, embarked from New York on a cross-country road trip with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, 23. As they made their way out West in a white Ford van, the couple posted photos and videos of their journey on Instagram and YouTube. Then, on Sept. 1, Mr. Laundrie returned from the trip alone. Ten days later, Ms. Petito’s family reported her missing.

The case has become a national sensation, in large part because of the awareness generated by people who are watching it unfold on social media. Each new development has been followed by flurries of explainer posts and videos from would-be detectives on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter, who have seen their follower counts balloon. Theories have been debated and debunked. And an influencer couple may have helped locate Ms. Petito’s remains.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

In before our resident 'Q'uacks start to parrot the, "she's a crisis actor" and "it's a false flag to deflect media attention away from..." conspiracy theory

No Worries and tinman like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I hope they find her fiancé who was allegedly used her debit card recently

VooDooPope likes this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Maybe her Dad offed him quietly somewhere. I would.

King1 likes this.
  13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

more like his parent helped him escape... they oughtta be locked up along with their sorry ass son

Yung-T, VooDooPope and Tomstro like this.
  14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Buck Turgidson

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Commodore White Hat already made a joke to that effect on the first couple of pages.

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Because the media wants to distract us. Rage bait.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's probably living the van life in Mongolia or Timbuktu.

Seriously. I don't know if anyone ever verified that he was actually in Florida. I mean, surely there's a reason they're searching that swamp, right?

For all we amateurs know, his parents met him at an airport halfway between Wyoming and home, picked up the van, drove it home, while he flew God knows where. Let's hope that's the case, because if something like this happens, they're now subject to federal accessory charges, in my non-lawyer opinion. Maybe then, when they're sent to prison for life, they'll start talking.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Old Ladies everywhere swoon