1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going goin back back to Cali cali

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tochiee22, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

Both those are great.

The French Dip is easily in the top-10 sammiches.

This thread is making me hungry. Trying to hold out for a couple more hours before I go destroy my sushi takeout place.

boomboom likes this.
  2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Lots of good recommendations guys! Definitely gonna look into all of these.
    seems like I won’t have trouble finding good food

Im going with all my rockets / Astros gear to rep out there. Knocking out the haters

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just in there last week and we visited Disneyland and Huntington Beach and West Hollywood. We used Hyatt points for our stays in each spot. Get your tickets in advance for Disney. You may want the "park hopper" pass for both Disneyland and California Adventure Park. Parking can be avoided by taking a hotel shuttle or Uber/Lyft to the park. There is no good food in Anaheim but there are a lot of good Vietnamese places a little ways away, as a previous poster noted. My favorite ride at Disneyland was Pirates and my daughter's favorite was the Haunted Mansion with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

I recommend that you go from there to Huntington Beach. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach and it was fantastic. The service is excellent. We had a nice points upgrade. The beach is nice to walk on or rent a bike and ride along the promenade. Duke's is at the pier. I also really like Laguna Beach and Newport Beach can be nice.

In LA proper the Santa Monica pier is ok to visit if you are there, and the Comedy Store is on Sunset Strip at La Cienega. I personally really like the LACMA. https://www.lacma.org/
    The art collection is very nice and the architecture is impressively well suited to the permanent exhibitions. I particularly like the permanent Asian art collections.

If you like something different, there is lounge jazz at the Biltmore downtown and the hotel is haunted.

Use Uber/Lyft to get around. The food is better in Houston, really. Oaxacan food is very trendy but we have Hugo's or Xochi here and they are better. That is true with Indian food or other food trends too. Maybe a Vegan place would be good? Hard to say. Maybe a classic diner if you like the smell of stale cigarettes and crushed dreams, with your coffee and waffles. Actually, there are some good breakfast options, it's a trend nationwide. Of course, we have very good options here.
    I hope you enjoy your trip and the lovely weather, the sun, and the beach. I had a good time bonding with my daughter. Bring your comfortable and fashionably black KN95 mask for everyday wear for pollution, smoke, and dust as well. :)

#23 pasox2, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    boomboom likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Don't be a kook and steal the local's breaks.

boomboom likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Most people seem to be leaving Cali, which means your timing is either really bad, or really good.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Avoid Skidrow
    And all the neighborhoods mentioned in 90s songs by NWA

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For reals
    Mozza