1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UDFA Matthew Hurt signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Crazy thing about this is I was watching an NBA G League video of him from last month. It was a "summer league wrap-up" video, and he said :

1) he would like a contract, but hopefully not a 2-way, but if it is, he's ok with it .... oops
    2) what he could bring to the Sixers (the summer league squad he was playing for) is like a Ben Simmons ... oops
    3) he wanted to show his athleticism more and that he wanted to dunk on everybody... in all the highlights during the video, I don't think I saw a dunk, but I could be mistaken.... oops?

I still want the kid to be a steal, though, and wish him luck. :D

pippendagimp and D-rock like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't think they signed Wood to anything, did they? But he was on the Summer League roster.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Release this guy

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ok. Done.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thomas is not eligible for a two-way contract. Brooks very much is (he’s on an Exhibit 10 deal now), and I fully expect him to enter the regular season as one of the Rockets’ two-way guys.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets should sign THIS guy to open 2 way.

At least sign him to Vipers.

Or EJ Onu.

@ApacheWarrior

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Most definitely.

Can do the Capela role which is basically simplistic as other bigs have pointed out
    in the past when Capela was a Rocket and mainly just screened, rolled, lob dunked....
    and on defense rebound, block shots and deflect passes.

Difference is, unlike Capela, Diakite can shoot some 3's and has some post up game.
    Where Diakite fails is when he dribbles from 12 feet out. I don't need him to dribble.

I would rather have Diakite than Anthony Lamb. I feel the Rockets see Royce White
    the player when they look at Lamb. I don't see it. But I'm sure Lamb is a nice guy.

saleem, Rashmon, fattz and 3 others like this.
  8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

At least summer league, yes. I seem to recall that they had signed him-- maybe to a 2-year contract not a 2-way contract. Nevertheless I was surprised when they just let him go back then. Seems like he had a pretty good summer league. I've searched a bit but cannot confirm anything though it seems his first NBA contract is credited to being with Philly.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Tyler Bey checks all the boxes, even the can play guard box.
    Bey or Lamb —> same role

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He didn't really do anything great in that summer league. The "stud" on our summer league team that year was .... wait for it ... Alan Williams. Montrezl Harrel and Glen Rice, Jr. were the other 2 that stood out on that team.

giddyup, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member