1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First 2 Games (Watson / Mills Comparison)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nope didnt realize it - thanks for pointing it out!

2. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Predictable, people like you quick to say hate when it comes to your brother while you've been spreading bigot hate towards Watson. Filthy hypocrites.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, it’s bigoted hate to not support a guy that’s accused of sexually assaulting 22+ women?
    Your mom must be proud

raining threes and King1 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Says who?
    Brady didn’t play until his second year.

raining threes likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

Agreed 100%. I hadn't seen the Indian Burial ground so empty (excluding 2020 health protocol) since the Bush Bowl.

More comparisons. I like this one bc it's comparing Mills to the other guys we wanted, Trevor.
    Lance is not mentioned tho, who is blistering with a 127 prtg, granted only one pass. =)

raining threes, Shark44 and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Good breakdown and I was open to it until I saw your comments on Watson below. Obviously, you have an agenda.

However, with all of that being said, you forget one huge factor....BILL O'BRIEN. B O'B never knew how to use Watson. I think he held him back.

O'Brien was like a mechanic who only worked on American cars and all of a sudden a Ferrari pulls up and he doesn't want to turn down the work but doesn't know what the hell he's doing....so he mess it up!

But back to Mills, I'm for giving Mills a chance but he doesn't have that "IT" factor. I think he's at best an average to below average starter but there are a lot of those in the league.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

That seems to be most delusionally optimistic folks thoughts on any project QB nowadays... There's always a comparison of some sort because Brady was a late pick...Let's not act like it hasn't been insinuated over the years... There'll always be the " you never know" folks in sports

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bigot hate to not support a sexual deviant? That's absurd. Check my post history I was one his biggest supporters

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, I’m just saying 4 weeks isn’t enough time to evaluate……if there aren’t too many mistakes.
    It took Josh Allen two years as well and he’s a top 5 QB in the game now.

raining threes and javal_lon like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And you’ll always have those that want to give too much time to counter those that call them busts after one bad play in their first game.
    Part of “fanhood”
    Personally I saw some solid plays, would like to see growth in the next game if they open it up a little.

raining threes and javal_lon like this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Great point but he was drafted pretty high and he was expected to be good eventually( even if it were only Bills execs that believed that).. Comparing Davis Mills to Watson is a " you never know " argument.. You know damn well it won't happen but if it does , man I'm a freaking genius..

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yeah maybe it's because I don't expect that kind of lightning in the bottle luck from the Texans.. So I'm like " Man please".... Maybe if he had a good team around him and performed like he did yesterday, I'd be more accepting of the " you never know" analysis ...

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I understand where people are coming from with the doubt.
    I think the kid has some physical tools, most likely won’t amount to much but he at least has some “pedigree”

javal_lon likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People like you? My brother? Who's my brother? You say that because I say Mills is green, very inexperienced, and wonder why people want to hate on him or see the Texans fail already? Better check yourself. I never once spread bigot hate towards Watson. I hated that he quit, and screwed us over. I have never rooted for whoever is our QB to fail. I have never rooted for the Texans to tank either. Watson quit! I'm gonna root for whoever has to step in and take the job he quit on. It's that simple.

To me, the only one sounding like a filthy hypocrite and bigot is you by saying that crap.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No agenda. Watson quit. I never wanted him to fail. I never rooted against him as a QB.
    He quit!

I've never rooted against our QB, or wanted them to fail. I'm just trying to see the bright side in this mess Watson put us in and root for whoever has to play while he sits and collects his 40 million for the season. Yeah, he's a jerk.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watson in his 3rd start 25/34 283 yds 5 total tds (1 rushing). Can’t wait to see your stat comparison after start #3. Lol

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I think the hang up is what transpired between Watson and Cal. Cal chose Easterby over Watson.

Watson wants to have a voice within the franchise and for whatever reason Easterby has Cal's ear

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That might be a part of it. The sexual assault cases are the biggest issue.
    Personally I think the Easterby thing is a cop out, he knew things were about to hit the fan with the civil cases and he proactively went on the offensive.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sht owner that chooses a spiritual advisor over his franchise qb. Religion over sports laughable.
    Mind u this is the same sht advisor that BoB brought in, the same ego idiot that got promoted to gm by sht owner right after that chiefs ass blasting. Who then proceeds to get rid of our best wr for literally nothing.

Watson is a shtty person sure, but our franchise owner is a dumbass so i cant really blame anyone quitting on our franchise.
    BTW jj watt Gave up on us also, but we don't hear posters like u btch about it.

I do hope Mills is the one, but he's honestly lookin pretty meh.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dude! What's your deal? I never said he was going to be as good as Watson. My only point was all the hating already when he didn't even do bad his first 2 games. I was just trying to show how a QB with 3 times as much college experience didn't start off way better is all. The kid is super green. He played in like 13 games in college.

Just hoping this experience helps him develop.