1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Panthers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is about the only way they will win. The expansion team had a better defense than this squad and the offense looks about the same with a rookie QB and not much talent around him. I don’t blame Culley for pushing and preaching turnovers. Without them they are toast.

Rudyc281, javal_lon and B-Bob like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I was told bovada but haven't checked lately. Last time I tried bovada was a few years ago .. they wanted to do it in Bitcoin and it all seemed complicated.
    If you can try let us know

3. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Whatever man

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think there might have been some scrambles there that could have made them more cautious at least.

Texans really only have about...2 players that would start for most teams. Reid...who was out and Tunsil...I guess Cooks would start on a lot of teams since most teams are starting 3 WRs anyways. I think the Texans need every bit of talent they can find to win games.

I do give them credit for at least being somewhat competitive and these games are still games going into the 4th quarter.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

@cmoak1982 it's also funny so many Texan fans mad at the playcalling lol.

They want to drop back and throw the ball all the time and get Mills killed...then when they went pass heavy to try and get back in the game in the 4th Mills might have got a concussion, wouldn't even be surprised if he's on protocol next week tbh.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That would mean
    DaShawn or go get Cam?
    LMAO
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm fine with just winning 5 games this year honestly.

This team needs gamechangers. No real gamer changers. Reid has potential to be one. Tunsil is a OL so just being consistently good is about all he can do. We really need guys that can just change the game on one play.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The game was there for the taking and they played it conservative smh it’s all good tho

BigShasta and raining threes like this.
  9. conquistador#11

Greenard and blacklock were beasting out there getting into the backfield often. To think that last season they were an after thought. "Rookies won't help us in a covid year" They improved and didn't let the ineptitude get them down.
    Defense needs 2 good young CBs and a holy phenom at Mlb and they're set. Is that too much to ask for?

The training wheels game plan backfired. Between all the rbs they netted 2.5 yards. That's awful and they just kept doing it in the first half.
    Might as well have gone with the wild cat at that point.
    Good showing for Mills considering the defense they were playing. A 95 rating. Only one boneheaded throw ,was the mini jump step pass to the sideline.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Panthers blitzed 40% of the time tonight

raining threes likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

Ruh roh. Questioning the scheme. Stuff like that got Roby outta hea'.
    Better not trade Cooks one of the few players I like following.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Playing down to the level of competition is a thing

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I can see a contender calling about him at the deadline.

payaso and raining threes like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's gonna b an intense race for the number 1 draft pick.

This team isn't gonna make it into playoffs and if we somehow did, it was b/c our division is sht. I think Titans are gonna win our division via Henry

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I feel that was by design - Trevor Lawrence is a no doubt #1 pick and in two games his average is 225 yards with 2 TDS and 2.5 INT , very meh thus far - rookie QBs thing I guess - while I’m with you on being frustrated at the conservative play calling- this was the number 1 defense- no one expected much - we hoped but no real expectation- I felt this would be a plan to get him acclimated while hoping the defense keeps the team in it …

TheFreak, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pathetic coaching. Coddling Davis Mills is a travesty. Worrying about his poor little conscience if AND WHEN he throws an INT trying to make plays is nauseating. If the dude cant bounce back from mistakes at this level then he's not supposed to be here. Dink and Dunk horseshit and then they say "the playbook is the same for Mills" yet its completely different from what Taylor was doing - where is the creativity? Can the kid not handle "difficult" plays? Maybe Mills needs to go offscript just like the booty hole bandit did with BOB and make his own plays in trying to win games. He's supposed to be just as athletic if not more than Watson right? Lets see it.

Buffalo is going to blow this teams back out and have them limping for a month.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Good game plan by Rhule. Somewhat perplexed that Culley and Kelly didn’t have any counter for it. A screen or two to David Johnson would have been ideal with how aggressive the defense was being called.

ROXRAN, UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

At least Davis Mills can lean on this veteran running back committee thats averaging...3 yards per carry.

B-Bob and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I want to see Burkhead and Johnson gone, give Scottie P a shot

UTSA2step, mario_v and RedIsen like this.