1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gabby Petito murder mystery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I apologise for the vulgarity. It's out of frustration. I'm educated but I'm very ghetto. My parents are educated and they are financially stable and raised me in an inner city neighborhood and I appreciate the experience but it does shape some of my personality

I actually respect you for patience with me. This is the second time you've listened to me through my ranting. I also appreciate you acknowledging the facts of the numbers.

I've been posting here almost 20 years. I used to not want to acknowledge inner city dysfunction. We have fought oppression for so long from slavery to Jim Crow

Edit: that we don't know how to take the step of correcting ourselves

#82 pgabriel, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    JumpMan and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Pathetic

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm guilty of bringing race into it only because of all the others that have been missing and have garnered no attention at all .I don't know any youtubers or what they influence i just wish the media would do a better job of brining attention to all that are missing .I know every missing person can't be breaking news but show that they have a clue that someone is missing.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

No worries i understand your frustration. We as men have to stand up and be men and talk about things in order to help get the youth of today on the right path . The dysfunction in the inner city is going to be their till they want change. For decades drugs ,robbing and stealing have been a way of life it's going to take a real culture shift for true change to take place.

mdrowe00, Invisible Fan and JumpMan like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know this dude ?
    Someone had to tell me he’s the most popular YouTuber

there’s an entire generation of YouTube , tiktok , twitch
    People
    The D&D and cable news addicts don’t know about

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

I have no clue who that is.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s popular amongst the teens
    World wide popular
    https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/pewdiepie-net-worth/

What is PewDiePie's Net Worth?
    PewDiePie is a Swedish video game commentator and internet celebrity. As of this writing, PewDiePie has a net worth of $40 million. At various points in recent history, the channel has been the most-subscribed channel on YouTube and he has been the highest-earning YouTuber in the world. His YouTube channel typically features videos that show him playing various video games.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's no 99er

10. tinman

Supporting Member

How about this person?

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/addison-rae-net-worth/

What is Addison Rae's net worth?
    Addison Rae is an American internet personality who has a net worth of $8 million. In 2020 she was the highest-paid TikTok personality in the world with $5 million in pre-tax earnings. That beat-out Charli D'Amelio, the most-followed person on TikTok, by $1 million. Addison's earnings came from sponsorships, merchandise and production deals. As of this writing has more than 80 million followers on her TikTok account @addisonre.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

seems pretty insensitive in a thread about racism

12. tinman

Supporting Member

for
    @Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

I feel you bro. Yeah there should be a dedicated newscast or a podcast even for the missing ones. I’d subscribed to that.

edwardc likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Joy Reid is not wrong that missing people cases happen every day, and domestic violence leading to murder is something that never gets covered if it's a person of color. I haven't seen one Lifetime movie made yet on a case like that with people of color.

However this person here on this podcast is correct that the Pettito case is gaining national attention for a variety of factors beyond race. It's a case where the audience has had a part of the actual story, and its a behind the scenes story of a social media influencer/youtuber who are all over the place nowadays influencing our kids and selling them this notion that everyone has the means to just drop their normal life and travel for a living, and go to theme parks every single day.

So like many things... both things can be true at the same time. I don't fault Joy Reid for making the point she does here, but I also think she's missing the reason why this case is interesting in the first place.

mdrowe00, edwardc and tinman like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Are there any actual updates or is this just going to be people arguing about race and culture? That's a rhetorical question, I guess. :(

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I think she's trying to improve her ratings by her 'hot' take.

straight out of the Stephen A Smith ESPN playbook
    @Os Trigonum

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Come on now are these people really making money like that on youtube .

18. tinman

Supporting Member

i think they make even more.

I'm old, but I know the mediums out there are more popular than traditional cable tv. which i know these low tech cheap tv people here don't know.

Marques Brownlee? That dude makes more than 4 mill.
    fo just making videos.
    he works for himself. all that adversing and endorsement money goes to him.

he doesn't work for CNN or Food Network or ESPN.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

She made her acting debut in a BAD Netflix movie about a month ago.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Cord Cutting is not a trend, it's the norm.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/marques-brownlee/?sh=26496e46455d

Marques Brownlee
    Digital Star, Vlogger

[​IMG]
    PHOTO BY MAMADI DOUMBOUYA FOR FORBES

Brownlee runs a popular YouTube channel, MKBHD, where he reviews gadgets and offers commentary on the tech industry. His channel has over 13 million subscribers and has drawn in 700 million views in the last 12 months. Brownlee posted his first YouTube videos while in high school, breaking down the inner workings of a HP Pavilion laptop he purchased with his saved allowance. His channel took off after he graduated from Stevens Institute of Technology, and he's since made YouTube videos on smartphones, headphones, camcorders, smartwatches, tablets, speakers, Nike's self-lacing boots and Tesla's Cybertruck. More recently, he's scored sitdown interviews with such luminaries such as Elon Musk, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.