1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Landry's Tooth

My logic is it makes the picks easier to part with for cleveland... if Sexton and Green start with Gordon as 6th man then the Sixers have limited minutes anyways...

Sixers also have Thybulle and Milton for minutes also...

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons is an ACTUAL All-Star and superstar.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

surely you don't believe the superstar part, lol?

saleem and arabrocket like this.
  4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Superstar ? Embid is the star and leader of that team! Superstar should be able to shoot unlike Simmons who can’t shoot worth crap! At 25 yo harden was leading the league in MVP races and setting records left and right while Simmons is averaging 14 points at 25. Simmons is a larger rondo version and he ain’t no superstar! Teams would be lining up to snag him since he’s been available for while if he was a superstar!

5. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

To Clippers: Wall, Turner

To Pacers: Siakam, House, 2022 2ndRP from Clippers and 2025 2ndRP from Clippers via Detroit.

To Raptors: Porzingis, Kennard, 2023 pick swap from Indy

To Dallas: Morris, Dragic, 2022 FRP from Indy, 2027 FRP from Clippers

To Rockets: Bledsoe, Ibaka, Lamb

-----

Whoa boy. Went on a journey using Fanspo, i know 5 teamers are never a thing and this will never happen, but its fun. And IMO i cant see a LOT of holes here. Maybe a few leaky cracks..

It started out with the simple..

Ibaka, Kennard, Bledsoe for Wall

Then wanted to move Kennard, so..

Kennard, Morris, House picks to Pacers, Turner to Clippers, Lamb to us (expiring, yuss).

THEN i thought, maybe the Pacers could get a good player out of what they got, so Morris, Kennard, picks to the Raps for Siakam.

I thought the same thing AGAIN to get Dragic to the Mavs so ened up sending him and Morris with picks for Porzingis

luckyman76 likes this.
  6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I see a couple of different routes this proposed move of Wall to the Clippers could go.
    It really just depends on who are the components of the trade.
    I think at its core some combination of these players would have to be moved from the Clippers (as many have previously discussed):
    I think Clippers would prefer their former team members be moved to Eastern Conference teams
    Eric Bledsoe (debateable) TOR
    Marcus Morris Sr (debateable) TOR; IND
    Luke Kennard (debateable) ORL; IND
    Serge Ibaka (likely) moved to Rox & bought out

I think a trade with a combination of Houston, LA Clippers, Toronto, and Orlando offers the simplest and least moving parts option. It also results in win-win-win-win scenario.

ORL: Kennard (LAC) into TPE + HOU 2024 SRP + LAC 2022 SRP
    Magic pick up a 3-point shooting wing who is under contract for several more years. They also get a couple of 2nds for using their TPE.

LA Clippers: Wall (HOU) + House (HOU) + rights to Fran Vazquez (ORL)
    Wall is a better version of Bledsoe who can help Clippers stay in Western Conf. hunt while Kawhi recovers. House could replace Kennard with more defense and athleticism.

TOR: Bledsoe (LAC)
    Raptors get something for "nothing" (i.e. buying out Dragic)

HOU: Dragic (TOR) + Ibaka (LAC)
    Dragic bought out for $17M and signs with Mavs
    Ibaka bought out for $8M and signs with Nets while rehabbing his injury (also sets up intriguing final of LAL with Westbrook vs Nets with KD, Beard, & Ibaka. NBA loves drama!)

Houston ends up moving Wall for the cost of a 2024 SRP & about $25M (instead of $90M).... not a bad price and TF faints from all the LT savings.

@BimaThug

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess he's no Oladipo amirite?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone needs to create a sales presentation for House.

This would be a good start.

lionaire likes this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Healthy Indiana Dipo years were way better than any Simmons year. Guy just has a quad problem that wasn’t fixed right.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Keep gaslighting yourself.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

++Rockets++
    In: Mobley, Love, Ibaka
    Out: Wall, House, Garuba, Tate, 2023 FRP via Milwaukee

They team the #2 with the #3 pick while losing Wall, Tate, Garuba, House and a 2023 pick.
    Love is there to match salary, but would so be a great addition to the bench. Ibaka would be able to rehab in Houston then waived to find a contender.

KPJ/Green/Nwaba/Mobley/Wood

++6ers++
    In: Bledsoe, Kennard, Sexton, Garuba, Tate, 2023 FRP from Rockets via Milwaukee

Have to sell for 75c on the dollar at this point. Manage to get a good collection of assets, and a couple young guys that could be flipped again to a rebuilding team or built from the ground up. Theres the potential to swap Bledsoe out for Rubio, but that has to wait until October. They add more shooting around Embiid, while still holding onto their shooters they already have.

Sexton/Green/Tate/Harris/Embiid

++Clippers++
    In: Wall
    Out: Bledsoe, Kennard, Ibaka

Get their starting PG, without having to move a bigger piece of their team (Morris). Ibaka may be out for a stretch due to back surgery. Kennard barley played during the playoffs last year and Wall is a CLEAR upgrade over Bledsoe. Yes. Even if he only plays half the games. The gap is THAT large.

Wall/Mann/Kawhi/PG/Zubac

++Cavs++
    In: Simmons, House, Maxey
    Out: Love, Sexton, Mobley

This is strange. But, thats been the Cavs this offseason anyway. After drafting Mobley #3, they swap him out for easily the biggest name to come to the team since Lebron. As an aside they also get Maxey who could play either guard spot (unlike Sexton) and some wing help. Spacing could be an issue with Allen, but i would hope Simmons could develop a new side to his game (yeah.. i know) and play the 5 in spots next to Markanan.

Garland/Okoro/Simmons/Markanan/Allen

fattz and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

SOLD!

Although I'd hate to give up BOTH Tate and Garuba.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

Hey, maybe this just might be realistic after all. When is Aaron Gordon eligible to be aggregated in a trade?

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...nba-trade-ideas-1-month-before-2021-22-season

Christian Wood Gives Clippers a Center Upgrade
    1. Los Angeles Clippers Receive: C Christian Wood, F Danuel House

Houston Rockets Receive: SG Keon Johnson, C Ivica Zubac, G/F Luke Kennard, 2022 second-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, 2024 second-round pick, 2025 second-round pick

The Clippers should be on the playoff fringe assuming Kawhi Leonard misses most (if not all) of the regular season with a partially torn ACL. Trading for Wood gives Paul George a true running mate while Leonard recovers and a legit Big 3 for the postseason—a destination the Clippers are far more likely to reach with Wood en tow.

Last year's starting center Serge Ibaka picked up his $9.7 million player option to return to L.A., but the 31-year-old big man had back surgery in June. Leaning on Ibaka to play a full, healthy season is unrealistic given what he's returning from. With Wood as the starting 5 and Ibaka as a reserve, it's far more likely the three-time All-Defensive team member will hold up throughout the regular season and playoffs.

Wood averaged 21.0 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.2 blocks and shot 37.4 percent from three last season, giving George, Reggie Jackson, Eric Bledsoe and the rest of L.A.'s guards some frontcourt spacing. House provides more wing defense with Leonard out.

For a Rockets team that's now built around 19-year-old Jalen Green, even Wood (who turns 26 later this month) doesn't fit the timeline, especially with just two years left until he hits unrestricted free agency.

Trading Wood now guarantees the best possible return, one that includes a nice package of young(ish) players in Johnson (19), Zubac (24) and Kennard (25, with four years remaining on his deal) and draft picks in each of the next four years.

Zubac keeps Houston's starting center job warm until Alperen Sengun is ready to take over, Johnson is another high-upside wing for the team to build around and Kennard (44.6 percent from three last season) gives everyone the spacing they need.

16. xaos

xaos Member

Hard no

17. fattz

fattz Member

Like it a lot, but keep the 4 SRP and replace them with maybe 1 or 2 FRP. Wood is a difference maker so they need to pay for him.

18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Started as a joke.. but the more I look at it..

*disclaimer* I may be higher on Moody than most. 100% see him as our SF going forward (was 5 on my big board and compared him to Mikal Bridges).

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/tr...he-more-i-look-at-it-rocketswarriorscavaliers

++Rockets++
    In: Love, Seth, Moody, Looney, 2022 Houston 2ndRP via Cavs
    Out: Wall, House, Garuba, Tate, 2023 FRP via Milwaukee

KPJ/Green/Nwaba/Theis/Wood

Seth/Gordon/Moody/KJ/Sengun(Love)

++6ers++
    In: Wall, Garuba, Tate, 2023 FRP from Houston (via Milwaukee), 2022 FRP from GSW
    Out: Simmons, Seth

Wall/Danny Green/Tate/Tobi/Embiid

Maxey/Shake/Thybulle/Niang/Drummond

++GSW++
    In: Garland
    Out: Moody, Looney, 2022 FRP

Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Dray/Wiseman

Garland/Poole/Kuminga/Iggy/Otto

++Cavs++
    In: Simmons, House
    Out: Garland, Love, 2022 2ndRP (via Houston)

Sexton/Okoro/Simmons/Mobley/Allen

Rubio/Windler/House/Cedi/Markanan

++++

This is the package I've been working with regarding a Wall/Simmons swap.

Curry just talked about Garland being a star, Warriors need a backup 1.

Essentially a Moody/1st for Garland. Looney is there to save GS some money.

Warriors have a young core to build around when the current guard move on/slow down. Garland/Kuminga/Wiseman

The 2023 Bucks pick and GS 2022 pick hold similar value.

Garuba and Tate for Moody (Rockets SF of the future).

Garland starts next to Steph while Klay is out.

Would swap out Seth for Niang/Korkmaz or Danny Green, but recently signed restrictions make it difficult

19. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Aaron Gordon
    26 year old, 6-9, 235 lb F from Arizona
    No games yet played in 2021-2022
    [​IMG] Facundo Campazzo
    30 year old, 5-11, 165 lb PG from Penarol (Argentina)
    [​IMG] Zeke Nnaji
    20 year old, 6-11, 240 lb PF from Arizona
    [​IMG] Bol Bol
    21 year old, 7-2, 209 lb C from Oregon
    [​IMG] Bones Hyland
    21 year old, 6-3, 165 lb G from VCU
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] John Wall