1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Timberwolves fire Gersson Rosas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 22, 2021.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

JR, this is long overdue, you deserve an espy for the speed and quality of Rocket related news aggregation you bring to clutchfans. I knight thee the Walter Cronkite of Clutch City!

BigShasta, Easy, B-Bob and 6 others like this.
  2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Someone tell me if my memory is off. The new President Sachin Gupta worked for ESPN in 2006 and came up with the Trade Machine. He was also an assistant for Morey in 2006. Didn't someone on this site create the Trade Machine and ESPN "Borrowed" it? Or maybe I am confusing it with something else.... Clutch??

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

He got fired mainly cuz of non bball reasons. Soem brouhaha about infedelity and facilitating a toxic culture.

But regardless Im ambivalent on his performance. Picking Ant over Lamelo was meh but he also traded Dario Saric and 11th for Jarett Culver. I mean thats just a dumb move traded up and got a bust.

Its also kinda funny cuz Sachin Gupta was about to get hired back to Rox (hows that for Fertita not willing to spend?), and Rosas blocked it. Now he got fired and replaced by Gupta.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

Wolves ceo is out there making whoopi. I feel like he's out doing our ceo. :p

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This makes me sad, the wife and kids don't deserve this

J.R. likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

time to bring gersson home... to philly

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

sirjesse likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rudy Tomjanovich is stuck in Minnesota now. Are they letting him go too.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How disgusting of a man do you have to be to make out with your mistress at a public event while you're kids are at home. POS.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

First Dallas and now Minnesota...I wonder if Rosas will ever get another GM job in the NBA.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

SHAME ON THEM.

Little Bit, sirjesse and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Shameful pics?

Someone had to ask...

arabrocket likes this.
  13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Sucks for him, show us the HOE he was with so we can judge if he made a good choice or not.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

BossHogg713 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly, a lot of people are going to think it is funny.... but this is pretty shitty..... not only did they cheat on their spouses and their kids.... they were not even remotely private about it, they did not hide it.... then the fact that they are public figures makes it worse.

I am a big believer in giving people a second chance but they should actually feel some shame.

Having said that, that isn't the reason Rosas was fired and it is shitty that the Wolves leaked the affair and then claimed that he was fired for performance reasons..... he was fired because the new owners wanted him out so they can in time get their own person.

Rosas.... should have let Gupta join the Rockets (which I discussed in the past)..... sometimes being an ******* to a long term friend bites you in the ass.

Deuces b****.... maybe you and Sam Heinke can play Dungeons & Dragons with Daryl Morey in his basement.... my boy Monte can be the Dungeon Master and make all the rules and laugh as Daryl and Sam hold Rosas back from stabbing him with the plastic knife he used to cut his Taco Bell bean burrito.

Having said that.... I actually like those guys.... someone has to.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't considered responsible around the league for the Dallas situation.... they were the ones that were assholes.

Rosas will have to live with the Wolves fall out though.... he made a number of mistakes that will likely cost him from ever being a GM again.... having said that, there are a number of guys around the league that really like him (McNair/Lindsey/Morey) and he can get another job in an NBA front office....

This also isn't the first time someone crossed Gupta and got burned..... too bad, because Gupta and Rosas got along well before up until recently.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rosas and the woman, each of whom is married, were seen kissing in a suite during a Minnesota United FC game last Saturday at Allianz Field, sources said. The soccer club was told to reserve luxury seating for several Timberwolves players and personnel, including assistant coach Pablo Prigioni. Two seats were filled by Rosas and the staffer.

Hmm, what is even the point of Pablo Prigioni?

Richie_Rich and B-Bob like this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'm sure that's true. But...why NOW? Seems a strange time to dismiss him...unless something recent tipped the scales. Or maybe just an accumulation of stuff they decided not to carry into the season?

In any case, not when you usually see moves like this being made.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Do you have everyone in this thread on ignore? LOL

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I bet that alcohol was flowing in that suite.

BossHogg713 likes this.