1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is currently the best sports talk radio in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, Sep 22, 2021.

1. TheresTheDagger

I left Houston in 2012, but still follow all the Houston area teams. Just curious which is the best sports radio in Houston in 2021?

3 conditions:
    1. Available online so I can listen remotely.
    2. Cover the Rockets and Astros the best.
    3. Also cover Texas college sports (i.e. Texas A&M, UT)

Appreciate any and all responses. TIA

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I honestly can't stand most of them. Only ones I will listen to is morning on sports radio 610, although if it's not Texans, then it's lacking. I just like listening to Seth Payne's takes and occasional outburst of rage. I'll listen during lunch a bit, but could do without John Lopez.

Uprising, ROXRAN and MIAGI99 like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hard to find one who don't suck and don't talk about the Texans 99% of the time. Is Charlie Pallilo still around?

ico4498 and Rocket River like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I gave up on them. Most of them ended up being clown shows or it seemed like they kept changing their lineups/time slots, and that got annoying. I listen to SiriusXM for NBA talk or music, but now that I don't drive much, I don't even listen to that more than a few minutes a week.

I really only care about Houston Rockets talk for the most part, but may eventually go back to following the Texans if they prove their heads are out of their asses. For Rockets-related stuff, I just stick to this site, Twitter, YouTube, or podcasts.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What's radio?

I haven't listened to radio sports talk in years.

J.R. likes this.
  6. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Josh innes fa sho dawg.

8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. He's the only local host I listen to regularly. He fills all 3 of @TheresTheDagger 's request. He's mostly Astros/Texans/CFB right now but he'll ramp up the Rockets talk as the preseason approaches.

https://www.espn975.com/pallilo/

BigM likes this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Charlie is the best by far. I’m not sure what time he comes on but I listen to the recording(podcast) when it gets uploaded. He’s the only person that actually talks about something other then the Texans for more then 5 minutes. He’ll spend an hour on baseball routinely.

Seth and Sean are good but it’s so extremely football focused that it gets stale. They also just don’t have the same knowledge about baseball and basketball.

ryan_98 likes this.
  10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I listen to the Audacy app for 610 since I live in Nashville, you have to pick your time slots ..best is the 6am start with Seth Payne, …also the 2 pm show with Clint is solid but stay away from the depressing 10am slot with Lopez …this time slot is catered for the glass is half empty types or people that just see negative nonsense

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Sports MT

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I like Seth and Sean’s show.
    I have grown to like Lopez but I used to hate him. Same thing with Clint Stoerner…he grew on me.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I flip back and forth between 610 and 790 both in the morning and on the way home.

Both stations are basically 96% Texans, 2% college football, 1% Astros and 1% Rockets.

I prefer Payne and Pendergast 610 in the morning over Sean Salisbury 790 and I really can’t stand Show and Stoerner 610 drive home as Clint is just a Texans nuthugger who will talk up every scrub on the team. The Adam and Adam show on 790 drive home is funnier but they go off on tirades about pop culture and stupid ****. But they will talk Rockets once in a blue moon.

My synopsis it all pretty much sucks but yeah I still listen lol.