1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pandemic Work from Home Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, kind of hoping it stays that way. There's no real difference with us having our standups and meetings virtually. I love not wasting 1.5hrs of my day in traffic.

arkoe likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm finding I work when I'm sick now. Previously, if I was sick, I was home and off the grid, maybe checking my phone for email once a day. Now it's easier to jump on to my computer or laptop and bang out some emails or listen to a meeting even if I'm laid up. Company wins.

boomboom likes this.
  3. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

The no commute is still a blessing. I find I never really turn my PC off it just finally goes to sleep around 8pm every evening. Much easier to just go ahead and knock out requests as they come in even after normal hours to get ahead for the next day and easily manage my time and work day. I don't ever want to return to the office and have been interviewing with companies that offering full remote positions.

My company is wanting us to start at some point coming in at least two days a week for collaboration! Which is just we want to see your face and help keep a seat warm in this newly remodeled open concept office space we just finished right after this all started. I get it, the owner built the company over the last 20 years and he likes to walk around like Willie Wonka thru his play ground.

Xerobull and Andre0087 like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is how I've felt about working from home since I started it in 2012. I can never go back to a full office. I have one right now for my 2nd in command and myself. We're there maybe 50% of the time. But we're close friends and we've made it about as close to working from home as you can get while not being at home.