1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 1st rounders for Ben Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 20, 2021.

?

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 firsts for Ben Simmons?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

My answer is — they cray.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree he's not useless but using this graphic doesn't really say much lol. The guy that voted for him, a Max Haupt, writes for a German newspaper.

luckyman76 likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's also kinda questionable to think that Morey is desperate enough to trade Ben Simmons for John Wall and one solitary 1st rounder but what do I know?

Nook likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

I continue to like the Michael Porter for Wood trades suggested. Only player I'd trade Wood for. And if Simmons to Houston is inevitable

Theis/
    Simmons
    Michael Porter Jr.
    Green
    KP

Bench:
    Tate
    Sengun
    House
    Nwaba
    DJ

G -league/
    Garuba
    Christopher

don grahamleone and Salvy like this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Look at CP3 and Westbrook. They were later flipped for more. It's about timing and situation. Simmons comes here and plays well and we don't PUBLICIZE his trade demands, his value will certainly be higher than it is now. Once everything was public, teams stopped offering assets.

Oh I think that's EXTREMELY unlikely for the record. But we're working in hypotheticals here anyways.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I worry about his back. Not the type of injury you want to deal with at the START of your career.

7. dmoneybangbang

He had years to work on his shooting and his offensive game. Embiid and Simmons isn’t a great fit, but what has Simmons done to improve his weaknesses?

He wasn’t aggressive because he was afraid to get to the free throw line throughout the playoffs.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Where is KMJ?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

Traded with Wall and a pick to get Simmons.

10. conquistador#11

Waco witch doctor on speed dial.

Nook likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

I wouldn't want to give him up...

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather have Tracy McGrady
    than Ben Simmons

GOOGOOMECHUCK and VickMackey like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Wall and Gordon for Simmons

No picks

don grahamleone and gogispade like this.
  14. gogispade

gogispade Member

Lets go

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is one of those trade proposals where both teams would end up unhappy despite both teams wanting the player gone.

Our contention that Simmons contract length is a negative isn’t seen that way by Philly who considers him still a valuable player. As a rebuilding team we would rather have the cap space to land a star with less warts.

It comes down to do you think we could trade Wall’s expiring deal or use the cap space in 2 years to get a better player then Simmons? It’s hard to project who may come available in trade and impossible to determine if any of the upcoming FAs would sign in Houston.

If you actually listed what players are better than Simmons and are upcoming free agents or possibly available to trade I think everyone maybe surprised. Simmons might actually be a better option especially if you consider our backcourt is set.

Only way Sixers would do this is likely Wall, Wood, and 2 FRP as a starting conversation. And they’d likely want more.

Nook likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL used car salesmen will a have a field day with you

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. TimDuncanDonaut

The not dunking is because of hack-a-ben in the playoffs. Ben didn't want the ball so he doesn't have to go to the FT throw line.

The problem is regular season, he was the point forward and even bought the ball up at times.

In the playoffs Embid; their center bought ball up at times because Simmons wanted no part. Simmons could/wouldn't.

Also Embid was playing hurt, opponent defense keyed in on him. They just sag off of non shooting (and now non dunking) socialite Simmons. Camping at baseline already clogged paint but when he doesn't dunk, the philly penetrator can't even do a dump off to Simmons.

Embid still had some good games in the series. But wasn't enough. Weakness was glaring, Simmons is unplayable in the playoffs.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

Simmons > Wall (as a player)

Wall's albreoss contract >>>>> Simmon's albreoss contract. Because it is shorter.

Cap room flexibility in two years. Just wait Wall out.

20. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Pure post

hakeem94 likes this.