1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 1st rounders for Ben Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 20, 2021.

?

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 firsts for Ben Simmons?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

And @Nook said some of us are delusional... shah right, Wayne. This is how trades work! You make them fit mentally, fizzically, phisscally, all of it. Stats are meaningless. Eye test shows you all you need to know.

Would Moray take 4 first round swaps? Give them the Miami swap and the first 3 swaps with Brooklyn and Wall for Simmons, cash considerations, 6 second rounders and Embiid. Get er done, Stone! Throw in House and Gordon to make the cash work. Both teams get what they're used to: playoff births and playoff snubs. Make Philly Trust the Process AGain!

luckyman76, D-rock, Nook and 2 others like this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Depends on the quality of the first rounders. 3 firsts and Wall with the understanding Simmons will be playing the SF spot and not PG then perhaps.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Is **** no another option you forgot?

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What does that matter? As long as the other 4 have an outside shot.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Only way I get behind this is with Paul Reed coming back.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

How often does Simmons give up dunks and layups? Honestly. I know of the one play in Game 7, and I'm sure there are others, but is it really an issue or is it that ONE play being played over and over. I can recall many many other great players passing up seemingly wide open shots for what they thought was an easy assist. That Game 7 pass wasn't that egregious.

I don't watch enough Philly games to know if this is common or just over played by media.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Lol I wouldnt even do that.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Until he shows he’s not a liability in the postseason I wouldnt trade no haul for Simmons. This board killed Harden for his postseason shortcoming and he was actually trying his absolute best to win and get his team over the hump.

Simmons is running away and doing all he can to limit his presence on the floor, effectively making it 4 on 5.

9. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Because Simmons spends lengthy parts of offensive possessions away from the basket where he’s not a threat, it hurts their playoff offense.

2009 Magic Dwight was a threat when he caught the ball down low.

Prime Shaq was next level and one of the best offensive forces of all time when he’d catch the ball.

10. dmoneybangbang

Game 7 in itself was just the icing on the cake for the Sixers fan. He was scared in the 4th quarter the entire playoffs.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think most are forgetting one thing: this dude is not reporting to the Sixers because, instead of owning up to his basketball deficiencies and working on his game, he would rather quit on his current team. He would rather force a trade to another team because he couldn't face the (correct) criticisms that started to roll out after the Sixers' playoff run ended.

This is the guy some of you want to trade for? This is the guy you want to use FOUR 1st rounders on?

#111 steddinotayto, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I still don’t see why that matters. The discussion is based around using him differently in Houston anyways. If he dribbles it up and they sag off of him, he passes it and goes down low, or he drives and passes, or he goes in motion. I don’t see why we expect him to just stand on the perimeter, obviously that’s not what we’d trade for him to do, knowing that that is his weakness.

dwight and Shaq couldn’t score in transition like Simmons.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

But did that have more to do with the way they were using him as the primary playmaker playing on the outside where his inability or unwillingness to shoot was an issue? Ie were they pissed he was missing and refusing to take layups or mad that he wouldn’t take perimeter shots and then this one layup he wouldn’t take set them over the edge?

14. csc177

csc177 Member

In Stone I trust. He turned down a Simmons deal before, if he accepts any deal now it must make sense (and helps us get out of Wall’s contract). I doubt he jeopardizes the rebuild for Simmons. If Simmons can just knock down a corner 3, coupled with his defense, man sign me up.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

To your last question…hellllll no
    But if you’re talking about essentially a straight up one for one trade, why wouldn’t you do it? Surely you can get some picks out of him from another team. More than you could get for Wall at this time.

16. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

We talking about ben Simmons

Nook, csc177 and Salvy like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Simmons obviously isn't useless.

18pbr, Os Trigonum, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

a 1 for 1 trade isn’t realistic

John Wall has less value than Ben Simmons

D-rock and Nook like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not talking about a straight up trade because this thread is asking the question of would you trade Wall and 4 1sts for Ben Simmons and 23 people voted yes. My question is for those 23 members.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

But if it is. Or if it’s for one pick that isn’t ours or the late BKY picks, it seems like a positive for Hou.