1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This season will be a lot better than you are expecting...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Sep 13, 2021.

?

Can we win the division?

1. Yes...

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No... Deshaun Watson is needed

34 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Oh I agree. But he made it an art form. It was something he strived to accomplish and he was damn successful at it. Celebrating 9-7 years and getting knocked out in the first round every year as if that was something to be happy about.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

How so? By trying to become a "Christian" version of the Patriots? We'll see how that works out but the last time I looked, Culley isn't in the same zipcode as Belichik. For now, I see them headed into Detroit Lions territory - particularly as far as ownership is concerned. And Houston football fans have witnessed just how ****ed up a franchise can become when the owner is an incompetent POS.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. raining threes

Agreed about ownership, but I like the Caserio hire and hope Cal will let him do his work without interference.

I really dont care what the Texans record is this yr, I only care abouthow Mills develops and seeing if he's the future at QB. There will be growing pains for any rookie QB (See: Lawrence/Wilson last Sunday) but looking at threads that say Mills will be a bust after a half of football in which Mills put up better numbers than Lawrence/Wilson did over a full game is laughable. These people are probably only Watson fans who only want a minority QB to be the Texans QB. The fact that they would rather have a sexual predator as the Texans QB speaks volumes about them. (Yes, he's a Sexual Predator whether he's convicted of Sexual Assault or not, these are two different things)

ROXRAN likes this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member

Everyone blames BO'B. Yes he was incompetent. However, ownership gave him all the power. He wasn't even a good head coach and ownership made him a GM. Do we blame him for being incompetent or do we blame ownership for putting him in the positions he was in? Cal should have been on the phone with the league office screaming "I did not approve this Hopkins trade. No trade!" Yet they allowed him to make blunder after blunder.

5. raining threes

He was no different than Kubiak when it came to mediocrity.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  6. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I got mills keeping us .500 till tyrod comes back

7. Jalen Green OnlyFan

We will beat bills

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

except Kubiak won a ring right after BoB is prob never gonna get another HC gig cause he's sht.

juanm34 and deb4rockets like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No question Kubiak was better than BOB.

clos4life likes this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The season will get better every week that Watson is sitting on his ass wasting a year of his prime while the Texans go on about their business. Rinse and repeat another year until a good offer comes in, and keep collecting draft picks.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

In the OPs defense, this was made when we had Tyrod. With Tyrod, we'd probably be on this game.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Had a feeling a "big letdown" game was coming. This '21 team on paper is better than 1st year expansion team. But its closest comparison I can make

After the 1st ever Cowboys win and hopes got up, the Texans got absolutely embarrassed the next road game against the Chargers. Passing game just awful. Just it took a game longer this season for harsh reality to set in. 1st year coaches, gms, qb's, & low draft picks isnt a good recipe for success.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The expansion team talent was actually better. They had established NFL starters up/down both sides of the ball. Rookie pre-ruined Carr had some decent playmaking ability.

The team that bottomed out before Kubiak hire was the worst collective slop they’ve had… till now.

16. Buck Turgidson

Five Star Thread

Will definitely re-read again.

ROCKSS, DonnyMost, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Honestly, I pin this whole disaster on OP. If he didn't make this knee-jerk thread after Week 1 (thereby jinxing the entire season), we probably wouldn't have lost Taylor and this team would be 2-2 instead of 1-3.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

I
    If tyrod never got hurt then we’d be 3-1 minimum.

maybe even 4-0

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

BoB was way below ... mediocre