1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ShamesBomb: John Wall on his way to leave…?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Sep 14, 2021.

1. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

The Thunder sat Horford for half the season just last season. I know the Pelicans were trying to sit AD, but in their case, he wasn't willing to cooperate and wanted to play. NBA got involved in the latter. At least with Wall, it looks to be mutual (for now).

amaru, Astrodome and hakeem94 like this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Only John Lucas can really help Ben Simmons Psychologically.

Ben Simmons looking scared and having anxiety in the 4th quarter.

John Lucas has helped so many Basketball Players over the years.

D-rock likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lakers also sat an overpaid scrub for an entire year or maybe even 2 years a few years back, i cant even remember his name now, he gained reputation playing for the bulls/thibs and was a solid player if not for the bloated contract

br0ken_shad0w and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps numerous 2nd rounders?

D-rock likes this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Maybe Stone is using Morey to leverage more from Clips.

Easy and csc177 like this.
  6. NewAge

NewAge Member

yep. luol deng

br0ken_shad0w likes this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don't believe Exum can be included with other players since he was just signed or will be officially

That would make it a "Sign and Trade"

Has to be a separate trade of it's own transaction with Exum going to another team
    without being packaged with other Rockets players.

I may be wrong though.

I tried Danny Green in the trade machine but he has to wait 3 months to be moved.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I meant that we’d have 3 Aussies on the Rockets, more than any other NBA team, no doubt. I agree that Exum couldn’t be involved in a deal, a deal I’m still far from convinced would be in our interest. Moving Wall for Simmons, when Morey has been asking a price in the Harden deal’s ballpark from any team interested in him, is a serious risk, in my opinion.

@Clutch has really liked Simmons in the past. I wonder how he feels about him now?

Easy, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ah yes.

The whole John Wall is on the same level thus will command the same result as James Harden idea.

Get a clue.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Luol Deng

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

AD

13. dmoneybangbang

I'd love to package Wood for the next "Harden" but I think it's more likely he'd go for draft picks. I wouldn't be be against holding onto Wood, but I think he's a classic overpay when his contract is due.

As many as we can..... while we have this 2 season window where we own our own picks.

Disagree. Picks are currency. I think there's a reason why Wood was had on such a low contract so I'm just not as high on him despite some great sample size. If we were in the Harden era than Wood would be close to untouchable but we ain't.

We have ZERO foundational pieces currently. We have some potential foundational pieces, but time will tell. Wood is NOT foundational.

What about Wood on the max? No thanks.

Sengun could end up being better than Wood for all we know.

I am not nearly as high on Wood as you. He's a head case with terrible body language on the court when he doesn't get the ball for Wall or KPJ. Again, there is a reason why we got him on such a low contract.

Nah, if you can get a top 10 pick for Wood you pull that trigger.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Morey may want 4 firsts for Simmons but I doubt teams are any where near that.

I feel Simmons can work for us. I approve of a trade with no more than 2 firsts.

Morey talking to us is an indication of no takers for his original asking price. Leverage of Sixers using us or Rockets using Sixers to get other team to pony up

Maybe both?

D-rock and Deckard like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Sixers are in win now mode on a shaky Embiid timetable.... they aren't taking Wall and picks. Even if Wall was feeling generous and declined his player option to resign, it wouldn't be enough. I would bet Morey would rather have to give up a pick(s) to trade Simmons for LaVine before taking a John Wall headlining package.

D-rock likes this.
  16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Guess which team had the 2nd highest odds of landing James Harden last January…

D-rock likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

My new trade scenario. I'm sure more negotiations would be needed on the FRPs, but this is one way of allowing the Clippers to get rid of Luke Kennard's contract by giving Thunder an SRP. 76ers get a solid PG and 6th man to continue fighting for a championship, plus get two FRPs out of it. Clippers get John Wall and only lose one key contributor, Marcus Morris. Rockets get Ben Simmons I guess lol. I'm not really a fan, but if this is all the Rockets had to give up, I wouldn't be mad.

EDIT: I forgot to add, unfortunately for Morey, he can't get away from Klutch Sports through this trade :D.
    trade.jpg

D-rock, 18pbr and awc713 like this.
  18. conquistador#11

How is this awkward? Simmons and Wall working out together? I can't understand what Wall says.

I don't want lighter and taller John Legend on the rockets. I was intrigued at the idea, during the Harden fiasco, thinking he could develop any kind of shot in the near future.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Wall says. "Hey Ben! Leave a brother alone, b!tch!"

Simmons cracks up. Wall looks to be in great shape. This whole thing is such a trip.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Luol Deng? He was an allstar with the Bulls lol