1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 1st rounders for Ben Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 20, 2021.

?

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 firsts for Ben Simmons?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

John Wall > Ben Simmons

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Hopefully we would send Simmons to a third team. I don’t want him on the rockets.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

nah man, I wouldn’t even do it straight for Wall. I don’t want to slander the kid, he obviously has talent, physical gifts, intelligent kid… But too many mental issues, no shooting, no ball skills, max salary… what do you do with him? just seems to me will be messing up with the development of the other kids. Let’s see what we got with this gang of youngsters that we’ve got.

Playing him at the 5 is full of uncertainty. He does have some post game, but it’s like grading him on a curve: good post game for a guard. Same for rebounding: good rebounder for a guard. Same for guarding 5s: “you can even put him on a center sometimes” is not the same as "he can shut down opposing centers consistently” In fact the stats are not very good when he defends the post.

Firm “no” for me.

4. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Id do the trade.. to trade Simmons for someone else (Mobley, Isaac, OG, MPJ etc..)

5. kiwirocketsfan

Simmons and 3/4 1st rounders for Wall, I’d listen.

Depends on what buy out I can arrange with Simmons.

Corrosion, ArtV and NewAge like this.
  6. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Naw, it has to be wall for Simmons straight. We are doing Morey a favorite trading for Simmons for getting him out of the Simmons situation.

Lovemachine2000 and fattz like this.
  7. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Ben Simmon's contract is up to 2025. When that time comes, Rockets will again be in a similar situation as John Wall's contract. Getting a player like Ben under the assumption that his offensive game will improve is a huge gamble. I rather see (or hope) our current young players develop into stars and surround them with proper core players that money can buy when Rockets reach that stage rather than commit to such a big contract now.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But can he lift or shoot doe, breh?

Likely not.

I am not a Simmons fan at this point, he would make sense on the Worriers but not on a rebuilding team, even if he is still young.

A secondary so called star with asterisk on a team full of potentially secondary stars.

He wouldn't even make that much sense with Harden still being on the team because you would need spots for shooters.

Now if he was a 20 ppg without ever shooting a trey, that would make things more interesting, career 15.9?

7ft Durant or 7ft Ben?

#48 daywalker02, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No Simmons. We don’t have the shooters to make that work. We’d be straight jacketed into long term cap constraints for a player that doesn’t fit our team. Wall’s bloated contract will be a trade asset by the deadline. Patience please!

#49 Aruba77, Sep 21, 2021
    mikenm268, rockets1995 and ArtV like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hell no, but people are blowing Simmons contract out of proportion because the NBA salary cap is reportedly rising to 190mil/year with the new broadcast deal.

I'd do it if we have to give up 1 or maybe 2 of BKN picks.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I suspect that rumor (if true) is actually Stone trying to grease a 3-way trade whereby Simmons goes to a 3rd team who is having trouble matching salaries, and we give up like just 1 FRP to get Wall off the books and generate a massive TPE, with the other FRPs going to Philly from the 3rd team.

And I suspect posters in here have already proposed such TPE-generating 3-ways.

Haha

yep, and I’m sure some hottie out there has also made the joke, “I would not go to bed with you unless it’s twin beds .... over zoom .... on mute and video off.”

#51 heypartner, Sep 21, 2021
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You all are delusional…..we’d have to trade Wall and 4 future first round picks to get Simmons.

13. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Yes - But why hurry? do it next year to maximize Wall's trade value on an expiring contract (so we send out less desirable picks and keep Brooklyn's 2027 1st) and to make sure we keep a decent chance at a high pick this year

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Giving up 3-4 1st rounders for a non-franchise/cornerstone guy? Really?

jim1961, mikenm268, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Fantasy moves? Oh yeah

Here is one that will make CF's heads explode. This guy Evan may have ties to Cavs which
    makes people think of a 3-team trade:

Houston in: Simmons / Kevin (freakin) Love

x

Cavs in: Tobias Harris

x

76ers in: Wall / Eric Gordon / Danuel House

Works on the trade machine. I've never cared for Kevin Love
    but I know CF's have wanted that guy for years.

I don't like that Kevin Love's contract is guaranteed through next season; but
    can he set screens, rebound, hit 37% from 3 this year and next? Maybe
    I could learn to "Love" it. Lol

#55 ApacheWarrior, Sep 21, 2021
    don grahamleone likes this.
  16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Him being a loser with no offensive game aside, my biggest concern is his attitude.

Dude doesn’t want to play here, he’s a diva and seemingly has a superiority complex in this league that he’s yet to earn.

Pass.

17. Nook

Nook Member

“CUNextTuesdayStone.” Daryl Morey

In all honesty… some posters are insane

amaru likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Will answer in the next Ben Simmons thread that pops up tomorrow/next week.

If Morey could get 3/4 first round picks, Simmons would probably be traded already.

Christian Wood for Ben Simmons?
    CF: Nah (72%)

John Wall + three/four 1st round picks for Ben Simmons?
    CF: Hell nah (91%)

Next up: Christian Wood + Kevin Porter Jr. + Jalen Green + Usman Garuba + Alperen Sengun + two 1st round picks for Ben Simmons?
    CF:
    [​IMG]

Is he suddenly more enthused? Less enthused? The same enthusiasm?

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You're a troll, @J.R. just stop it. Once we use 4 1st rounders to get Simmons, we're going to condition him into being our starting playmaking power forward who will miraculously shoot 3-4 3s a game. When Wood sits, Simmons will fill in as our small ball 5 who will continue to shoot 3-4 3s a game. John Lucas is one miracle away from being qualified for sainthood and what better miracle to complete than to take a player who don't want to shoot since he's entered the NBA and turn him into Brook Lopez?

#59 steddinotayto, Sep 21, 2021
    luckyman76, don grahamleone and J.R. like this.
  20. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Right back at you with your delusional self. I am not going to trade wall who only has 2 years left on his contract and 4 frps for guy who is mentally broken with no shot at Max deal with 4 years remaining. On top of that, the 76ers players and coaches basically took a shat on Simmons after the playoff extra tanking his value even more creating a situation where is obvious that he is on the trade market.

This is negotiating 101, Morey has no leverage to pull wall and 4 frps........

Man, I would make deals with you because I sure would be able to easily get you suckered into a bad deal...