1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Davis Mills - From not to hot

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 19, 2021.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think mills sucks but I thought this was worth noting.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I understand having to find the next guy. I guess Im just not ready to sacrifice 1st or 2nd round draft capital on projects. There are enough holes to fill where you can take some higher prospects and fill out the roster until that no doubter presents itself again.

Slyonebluejay, CVcrew and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s called being a rookie QB, like 98% of all other rookie or early starters.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Is it time to unload all of my Davis Mills rookie cards? Sad, too, because I got an autographed one.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m not surprised he struggled because he had to be inserted in the middle of a game…where the particular offense we where playing with tyrod isn’t the same offense we can run with Mills.

Now we have couple of days to prepare and adjust the offense to the kind of offense we will play with Mills. And it’s a home game.

I expect him to be settled down and run a offense that’s more suited to his abilities…and if he doesn’t commit any turnovers we might have a chance at this game Thursday.

6. SuraGotMadHops

His accuracy concerned me the most, he missed a deep touchdown by several yards. Give the boy a chance though, can't classify him as good or bad at this juncture. But my gut is giving me Tom Savage vibes.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that throw looked like miscommunication or not on same page, it Cooks broke in instead of out that’s a touchdown. He broke outside and it looked “bad”

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nathan Peterman is still in the league despite throwing 12 interceptions and only 3 TDs. So anything is possible.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree with the Savage vibes.

And I would like nothing more than to be made a fool of for making this thread. I'm not the kind of guy that has to be right. More the kind of guy that just likes conversation and different points of view.

HTXSportsAddict, ROXRAN and King1 like this.
  10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

At least he's in line with the rookie QB field. Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, all of them are sucking or mediocre at best. Same stat lines. Mac Jones the only respectable one. If anything, Mills looked how a 3rd round project thrown into first ever action on the road could be expected to look. Not many Russell Wilson's out there

That said, his decision making needs to catch up to his physical gifts. He seems to miss simple enough plays even without much pressure. Hard to put much trust in that honestly

11. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Dang...by a lot of the posts here, no one would ever succeed the pros. He's being judged on an abbreviated preseason and half of one game in a hostile environment against a good defense.

Give the guy a chance...I'd rather Mills play than the serial abuser who quit on his team while getting paid millions to sit on his massaged arse.

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You'd rather Mills over DW4?? You can't possibly believe that!

13. Xopher

Xopher Member

And those rookies have been getting all the first team reps since training camp. Unlike Mills

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Rookie qbs almost universally suck complete ass unless they are a freak athlete whose legs carry them early on.

Settle in boys. You're not gonna know what you have in Mills until 2022, if he makes it that far.

raining threes likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If he has savage vibe, I say start looking for the next qb. We had a savage and he wasn't good

16. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Mills has a great arm. There is potential.

raining threes likes this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Mills is raw. We knew he was raw because of injuries and shortened season. Let's not rush to judgement when he was thrown in the game against a very good team. With Tyrod hurt, Mills becomes are Tank Commander. Most of you didn't want to win this year any way, so let's get the young man some OJT and see what happens.

18. raining threes

Jags need to give up on Lawrence.

Bears ned to give up on Fields.

All of them had worse games than Mills did.

19. raining threes

Do you think the same about Lawrence/Wilson?

20. raining threes

If he had connected with Cooks on that bomb there would've been a different narrative from everybody that isn't the Oily ones fanboys.

That bomb was missed because Mills and Cooks haven't played together.

Frank Drebin, Zen Tabak and cmoak1982 like this.