1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Diamondbacks @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

what a great game. Siri was clutch! Chas not too shabby either!

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jake Meyers and Jose Siri are carrying the teams offense.

I still can't believe Jake Myers and Jose Siri are just as Talented, Athletic, Power, Speed as George Springer. Unbelievable replacement.

What else is in the Farm System, that MLB doesn't pay attention to, obviously MLB doesn't do enough homework on Astros Prospects.

Worst Farm System is a Huge Lie.

3. CinematicFusion

Does Greinke make the playoff roster?
    Greinke last 13 innings, 18 runs, a 12.46 ERA.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a little worried about Greinke. I feel like guys that pitch like him have a much steeper drop off. Admittedly that's based on anecdotal evidence and my own shoddy memory. But he doesn't have overpowering stuff, so when he starts to lose control just a little he goes from being pretty good to tossing up meatballs. And if he is at a point in his career where losing that tiny bit of control is happening more often than it isn't...well, maybe it's time to go back to cutting grass, Zack. Hopefully it's just a bad stretch and he proves us wrong in the playoffs.

Also, I know the league is not quite so old-man-codgery as it used to be, but if Siri continues to have some level of success in this league, someone is going to throw at his head at some point. I get that people just want to be themselves and enjoy their successes, but if it were me in his shoes I would much prefer to keep my head low and hope that no one remembers me the next time I come up to bat.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

From now on, it's (Pete) Solomon's sake. More alliteration.

6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It would definitely be an ACT.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Seriously? Meyers carrying the offense? He is hitting .200 with a .719 OPS in September.

Surfguy and jim1961 like this.