1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon..Why is he never in top 10 goat convo??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Starvela, Sep 17, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

To what? Numbers don't lie bud.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Right. I got that, but you're kind of stupid so I don't care for your opinions or whether you share them with me or not. Especially anything having to do with the player who was the greatest ever for 2 magical years. Again, you missed it and now you're a trash fan with unworthy knowledge of the basketball world and basketball gods.

Sincerely,
    Your little buddy that has zero respect for you

P.S. My grandfather (who would have kicked your grandfather's ass just as I would kick yours if you ever physically assaulted me or anyone near me) used to have this poster in his office like this. I think it applies quite nicely right here.
    [​IMG]

3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

He's usually top 15, which might be fair.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The media hates Houston
    And disrespects the champions
    Even though those teams would wipe
    Half the championships teams off the floor

saleem likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

2 way player meaning great on offense & defense. Creating your own shot doesn't require someone feeding you in the post, you get the ball and go to work. Bigmen need to be fed. Doesn't mean he wasn't great. Stop over complicating things

6. hakeemthagreat

You've been wrong TOO MANY times to criticize anybody, let alone me lol

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kobe>Hakeem according to dumbass hakeemthagreat

[​IMG]

only thing Kobe did better was chuck shots

jordnnnn likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There's only one player since Hakeem retired in 2002 that should be considered for a higher placement on the all-time list than Dream and that's LeBron.

I see/understand the logic people want to make for Kobe (more points, more titles, longer stretch of prime years, etc) but let's not kid ourselves and say/believe that Kobe carried most/all of those championship teams. Hell, I still remember the last ring he won was on the backs of Ron Artest and Gasol as Bryant shot something like 5 for 25 in Game 7.

Even to this day, Hakeem is still ranked 10th on the all time steals list. A center accumulating that many steals is just absurd. It's like if Kobe or MJ was ranked in the top 10 in blocks. The next center on that list (I looked it up) is David Robinson at 62nd.

9. xaos

xaos Member

My mind is still blown that hakeemthegreat's first argument for Kobe being better is 2 way player. Hakeem absolutely DOMINATED defensively.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream is the reason this site was created
    If our Leader was not inspired, none of you suckers would be here complaining about Ben Simmons

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Should have changed his screenname to HakeemthagreatbutnotasgreatasKobe

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Kobe was a good defender for what 3 years? Saying he is a 2 way player is a stretch. Jordan was a 2 way player.

Hakeem is maybe the best defensive player in history. Any perceived gap between him and Kobe offensively is negated by the massive difference in defense.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jordan was a great defender when guarding point guards, they hid him on defense when he played bigger types. Hakeem guarded everyone well regardless.

Hakeem’s biggest weakness was his three point shooting. But only because he never took them.

hajkov likes this.
  14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

don grahamleone and Easy like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Michael Jordan said he would pick Dream as his center on his "best ever" team or something like that.

Writers and analysts all have agendas. Ask the players who the greats were. Ask the greatest who the greatest was. Dream was the FIRST Unicorn.