1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

ShamesBomb: John Wall on his way to leave…?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Sep 14, 2021.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they've made their peace with the Wall situation. It's highly doubtful that any trade they make will have players signed longer than Wall currently is, unless that player is under 25 and can be a true foundational piece.

2. hakeemthagreat

No. The moron is the poster that believes we should've traded James Harden for Ben Simmons

Zen Tabak likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Yep. Breaking up a big contract into smaller, more movable contracts.

The question is if John Wall is willingly to give up his player option to resign with the Clippper. The Clippers don’t mind John Wall’s contract during the season Kawhi is rehabbing.

rockets1995 likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Are the Rockets waiting for a couple of months, then trade John Wall.

Anybody confirm this?

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Kennard is a negative asset but could provide spacing.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Chris Broussard said Clips can’t trade Bledsoe until December.

rockets1995 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  7. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

John Wall really never connected with the city of Houston.

clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I could see John Wall going to the Clippers or even maybe Philly,” Perkins said to co-hosts Brian Geltzeiler and Sam Mitchell. “I don’t know what’s going on with the Ben Simmons situation, but I think John Wall in Philly with Joel Embiid is better than Ben Simmons in Philly with Joel Embiid because John Wall is actually going to take those shots and be agressive. John Wall is not going to be afraid to go to the free throw line. I know his contract, he’s due almost $100 million over the next two years, but you know, at the end of the day, I still think he has something to offer to a contending team.”

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-news-cj-mccollum-bold-take-on-the-best-fits-for-rockets-star-john-wall/

“It’s going to be hard for them to find a trade partner, he may have to forfeit some money,” McCollum said. “I never suggest people giving up money, but happiness is really important. If you’re going to be looking for a buyout or trade, they have to make the numbers work.”

Multiple teams have been linked with a possible move for Wall, including the Philadelphia 76ers. But for McCollum, he sees two teams that would be viable fits for him at this stage in his career.

“I think there are a lot of potential destinations for John—a fast point guard who can obviously pass, who can lead the break and finish around the basket,” McCollum said.

“I think it may make sense for him to go to LA (Clippers). He is training out in LA right now… I think he enjoys the life and he probably wants to go to a situation where he can compete for a championship, and I think the Clippers are one of those teams that gives him a chance.

“The Miami Heat are one of those teams that gives him a chance and I think he will consider all options. I think he brings a veteran point guard who can play a role and go out and give you 25 (points) and 10 (assists) if he needs to.”

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I see the dumbshit is back for their regular beatdown.

You don't know jack about anything, all you do is talk **** and spew nonsense.

You're an embarrassment.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

December is free agent signings.

Bledsoe was obtained via trade. Maybe I'm wrong; but that takes 60 days if attempting to
    trade him with additional players. Can be traded by himself sooner.

Link to NBA trades explained
    https://www.hoopsaddict.com/nba-trade-rules-explained/

#511 ApacheWarrior, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    DeBeards and NewAge like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. has the commander been transfered to another battalion yet?

13. hakeemthagreat

Dude. You're the same guy that said we should do a Harden/Simmons trade, and ridiculed other posters for calling bs. You are THE definition of a IDIOT. Simmons for Harden would've been the worst trade in NBA history

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Perk is obviously right. Here’s the problem though. To completely match salaries, Phily needs to include Danny Green, which is a substantial loss.
    OTOH they can send back less money, but that would raise their lux tax quite a bit.

Phily is better with Wall than Simmons, yes, but not that much better, and certainly not a title favorite. They were #1 seed last year only because BRKN had injuries, Bucks were goofing around and experimenting during the reg season and ATL needed half a season to figure themselves out. All these 3 teams are better than Phily regardless of Simmons or Wall. Am I bumping my lux tax for the 4thnbest team in the East? I wouldn’t.

PeterKingX and rockets1995 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol its such a bonus in life when you dont have to deal with John Wall playing on your team!
    STONE YOU MAGNIFICIENT b*stard!

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kendrick Perkins is helping out the Rockets by boosting John Wall value.

Kendrick Perkins likes the Rockets Organization and Houston Fans

Thank You Kendrick Perkins

The Contract is overpaid but John Wall can help a contender for sure, hopefully trade 1 big contract and break it into 3 contracts and trade those players for late 1st rd picks, early 2nd rd picks

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The whole Ben Simmons for James Harden got real quiet after Ben Simmons terrible non performance in the Playoffs yet again.

Playoffs exposes flaws of every Player in the League.

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's a kind of **** situation Wall finds himself really. Get paid the rest of your contract or play basketball, chances are you don't get to do both? He's still a great player, just not at that price. If he was in the 25-30 mil range it wouldn't be an issue at all.

clos4life and DeBeards like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@larsv8
    here are TWO no 1 picks in the draft john wall and benn simmons thrown around and nobody wants them(smh).....and we can have both right now... no need to tank for chat holmgren or the french guy victor humbadumba

we can also sign anthony bennet and andrew wiggins and have a starting five consisting of no 1 picks

#519 hakeem94, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    NewAge likes this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You’d have to throw some picks to Toronto. They have no other reason to participate