1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most exciting lineup in the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pr0wler, Sep 17, 2021.

1. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I forgot Oladipo even existed on this team. He's one of thew few Rockets I have subconsciously tuned out of my memory for how horrible he was in a HOU jersey LOL

clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And JVG watch has begun.

burlesk, Roc Paint and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Nobody outside of Houston is that excited about this lineup when you’ve got the nets and the lakers squads.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Casuals!

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Good point. I missed the 12-win season part. They'll be exciting for sure. Twelve wins, a lottery appearance (#1 pick?!), and exciting to watch. Has that ever happened before? Can't wait!

burlesk, Roc Paint and hakeem94 like this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This is terrible to say, but don’t you think this is how most timberwolves fans feel in the offseason?

high lottery pick, and a bunch of first rounders with serious upside. The sky is the limit!

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

losing isn't fun.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololol they are hopeless
    the picks they have often become allstars yet they almost never even reach the playoffs
    what a great lesson for pro tank cf posters!

wiggins, zach, lavine, kat, the guy(deangelo or something) they got from warriors... they almost choose well and have good luck yet they never go nowhere lololololol

burlesk likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

still its more fun then losing while playing john wall 30+ minutes a night....
    kidding aside if rockets players give it all on the court and play intelligent basketball then i dont mind losing...watching basketball is a reward in itself...watching young players hustle and play trying to grow is fun even if they lose a lot of games..its all about appreciating the process....
    the other thing that is not fun is assuming in advance you will be losing, now this is not fun, who is to say rockets wont win the championship this year with their young studs? or have a surprising run to wcf only to lose in 7 games there? now that is fun, even if only fancying about it in your imagination.... anything is possible

#29 hakeem94, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    ico4498 and burlesk like this.
  10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Nostradamus-level facts

we need those FRESH dopamine hits, baby!

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

The incremental progression. The tinkering, the overhauling, etc... Pit crew nerdery. If you’re the mechanic, you can't be upset because the pile of parts is not a finely tuned Ferrari yet... *shrug. The team seems primed to make some interesting progress. Keeping me entertained, which is the main objective here. Eyes on that prize now...

#31 burlesk, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Kinda mad that you put Martin in over Tate honestly.

Martin may get some DNP CD's this year unless he is killing it. Tate, House, Nwaba probably all in line for minutes at the 3 before Martin. I'm interested to see how this rotation pans out because it looks like they've got too many 2's and 3's, not enough points and no real "power forward" type athlete to speak of unless Garuba is also killing it.

Corrosion, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Nationals

hakeem94 and tycoonchip like this.
  14. NewAge

NewAge Member

I actually think they’ll pop this year. Saunders, I get the sentimental hire, but he was a horrible coach. Chris Finch is legit.

hakeem94 and burlesk like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. You're not supposed to reflect on things like that in this thread. Painfully numb is not an option. We have high draft picks that are young and can jump. Ergo ... exciting! Ignore the record. Maybe we'll end up being that team in history with really young talent that wins a ring... or even makes it to the playoffs. And if we don't win, just blame the coaches. ;)

hakeem94 and burlesk like this.
  16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

The devil is definitely in the details. They don't have the right practice facilities.

hakeem94, clos4life, NewAge and 2 others like this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

These kids are young. They need to work on playing the game the right way first. Once they get that down then maybe we can figure a new gimmick ball to maximize their potential.

Roc Paint and hakeem94 like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

The nets

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

that would mean we would have to, by default, find a roster that is at least more young. That is, by default, impossible, thus the objective answer to your question is no, I cannot.