1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do not trade for Simmons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 14, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL WHY?!
    simmons is not a good player and his and harrises contracts are terrible...they are worse then walls contract

and Tate alone is worth more than these 2 taking into consideration production vs pay ratio

Corrosion, peleincubus and Zen Tabak like this.
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Homeboy straight up said Simmons would be out of the league in a few years!

Can't argue w logic like that.

D-rock and amaru like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wall is also multi time all star, loladipo as well and these guys couldnt figure how to throw a simple lob pass to wood lololololol

all star is meaningless label especially if its a leastern conference all star

ben simmons also might need to establish if hes nba caliber yet after his contract expires

its more valuable to have a non nba caliber player on minimum on your roster than ben simmmons signed to max

he reminds me of carmelo .....a diva role player lololololol

Corrosion likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Wall and Oladipo are coming off of major, career altering injuries. Please don’t tell me you truly believe a bunch of rookies who haven’t even stepped on an NBA court are better than a player with multiple all star appearances under his belt. Look I get it’s fun to be excited about the next generation of players and the future appears bright but c’mon….Clutchfans is better than this.

fattz, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololol the injuries have nothing to do with the fact that these 2 dont know how(or dont care LOL) to throw a lob pass to one of the easiest players in the league to throw a lob pass to

i piss on the allstar appeareances of those 3:D:D:D

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Please dont trade for Simmons Rockets

Corrosion likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It all depends on the price.

For our trash, sure.

fattz and Williamson like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

The only stealing going on will be Simmons from the organization he's with at the time. If your 3 years in and haven't developed a jump shot, you're basically STEALING money. There is absolutely no other way to use to use Ben Simmons

Corrosion and ashleyem like this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He’s a even bigger pile of trash. Wall is better than Simmons as a player.

fattz likes this.
  10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don‘t really understand this kind of thinking. Simmons is younger and healthy. Now he has one major downside - his shooting and overall scoring. Now most stars are stars because of their scoring, especially at the guard position, so yeah thats a pretty big downside.

But he is an elite defender and playmaker. That is worth a lot - and he doesn‘t take away shots from players like Green, Sengun or Wood. Especially because his biggest strengths are probably Greens biggest weaknesses. They would complement each other pretty nicely.

And I believe, that you can fix him to an extend. No, he will never be a good shooter, but he can be servicable. I think what he needs is a fresh start without much pressure. Simmons would be the perfect 3d star on a team (when the other two stars are elite scorers). I think he would be pretty good on the Nets next to Durant or Harden - but Kyrie is definetly worth more than Simmons.

That being said - I wouldn‘t trade for him. For the sole reason, that Morey will ask too much. But I would easily give up any player not named Green or Wood for him - and I might even be inclinced to give up Wood for him.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I have a nice bridge for sale , are you perhaps interested?

12. amaru

amaru Member

k

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I never wanted Simmons for Harden because Simmons CANNOT shoot. However I do feel he is a better fit with the current depth chart, The point about his defensive fit and limited offensive game I'd be good with if we aren't talking about trading picks and young talent. I'd rather be patient. Simmons is big money till 2025. Wall is over 2023.

I believe someone will be eyeing Wall by the trade deadline, there are always injuries and other unforeseen issues and developments that push teams into rolling the dice. If the Rockets and Wall bide their time it will pay off. Personally I would have been fine with him playing 30 minutes tops with no back to backs. Let him show he is healthy but he if isn't going to be a problem child staying on the bench then that works too.

D-rock likes this.
  14. jb86

jb86 Member

He can play PF and Wood can be the Center. We don't need him to be the PG. We need him on defense and rebounding. He can still facilitate from time to time. I think he can be a lob threat as well as the defensive anchor. Stop making excuses bro.

D-rock likes this.
  15. jb86

jb86 Member

I think the rookies that we have are not your average rookies. All but one has experience playing against grown men for at least a season. If Ben Simmons were to come here, I think we would have a shot to make the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why are we wanting or expecting to make the playoffs so soon? Most of the time failure is a part of growth. Making the playoffs as a fringe 9th or 10th seed with Simmons don't do anything but put this team on the treadmill of mediocrity. And, yes, barring catastrophic collapses, 9th or 10th would be our ceiling in the West even with Simmons.

Corrosion, Deckard and roslolian like this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

I'd rather go after Siakam for that kind of money.

saleem, Nook and roslolian like this.
  18. jb86

jb86 Member

But you forget the Rockets are one of the top organizations that develop their talent. We already lost last year. It time to get back to winning. Winning is apart of growth even more my guy.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You guys have lost it.

Nook, D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You're probably right. Please give me a list of players that the Rockets have personally drafted (or plucked from obscurity) that was developed into an All-Star level (or better) talent while they were here.

EDIT: In the past, say, 15 years.

Corrosion and roslolian like this.