1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ShamesBomb: John Wall on his way to leave…?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

The 3 Stooges.

3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

This is the most likely scenario unfortunately. His contract and the number of pieces that have to be returned makes this extremely difficult to pull off.

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How about this trade? Kings sends 2 unprotected picks to 76ers. 76ers sends an FRP (top 15 protection) to Thunder for helping them get rid of Tobias. Rockets also sends a 2024 2nd rounder unprotected to Thunder for helping facilitated this trade.

76ers needs shooters and a PG. Wall and Hield are a good compliment to Embiid that plus they get 2 unprotected picks from the idiotic Kings organization that are likely to turn into lotto picks. Rockets reduce John's salary into two more manageable contracts, plus get rid of House. Barnes and Favors would be solid veterans to have on this team along with Theis and Augustin. Hopefully can get rid of EG in a separate trade.

tradenba.png

5. ballgame

ballgame Member

I LIKE IT!

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this was a face saving move for wall

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is Stone a genius or just insane?!?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Believe It! and jch1911 like this.
  9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like that they did this before training camp / preseason. It's out there, everyone can move on. Immediately neturalizes a potentially awkward situation.

Wall can get some brownie points for "being a good teammate", and Silas/Stone can save the awkward moments around who is and isn't playing.

The mountain of pick swaps we have also makes it easier to find ways to potentially "even out" a trade if there's one that makes sense. I'd rather not use them, but I feel better in using a protected near term swap with Brooklyn than dipping into one of our own.

clos4life likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

I think this is the best i have come up with that's realistic.. trash for trash...

To Clippers:
    John Wall
    DJ Augustin
    Danuel House
    Khyri Thomas

To Celtics:
    Eric Bledsoe
    Marcus Morris
    Luke Kennard or Serge Ibaka

To Rockets:
    Al Horford
    Josh Richardson

Clippers add Wall giving up role players while getting House to upgrade from Morris. Wall upgrades Bledsoe.

Celtics move Richardson for 3 rotation players. Horford is there more as a contract. They are committed to williams.

Rockets shave 20 million in cap space now and create 2 roster spots. Neither contract they take is longer than Wall's deal and being smaller could be easier to buyout or flip... Richardson still has some value at the deadline...

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

only a 4 team trade? can we make it 6?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. SRR21

SRR21 Member

All Future ast coaches durring negotiation "My floor is 45mil"

hakeem94, amaru and D-rock like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Would the Mavs take him?

I'd do Wall, a heavily protected first, and House for Porzingis, just to get rid of Wall and House.

SRR21 likes this.
  14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I’d rather keep Wall in the weight room this whole year and trade him as an expiring next year. Porzingis is not worth almost $32mill a year for the next five years.

edit: next 3yrs.
    …….
    …….
    …….

red5rocket and hakeem94 like this.
  15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Long time since I posted. It's probably time to change my profile picture. lol

But how about this trade proposal:

Houston In: Tobias Harris(Philly), Luke Kennard (Clips), M. Bagley III (Sac), Tyrese Maxey (Philly)
    Houston Out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, 1st round pick to Clippers

Philly In: Buddy Heil (Sac), Eric Gordon (Hou), Eric Bledsoe (Clips), Serge Ibaka (Clips), 2 1st rd picks from Sac
    Philly Out: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, Tyrese Maxey

Kings In: Ben Simmons
    Kings Out: Buddy Hield, M. Bagley III, 2 1st rd picks to Philly

Clippers In: John Wall (Hou), 1st round pick from Houston
    Clippers Out: Eric Bledsoe, Luke Kennard, Serge Ibaka

works in the ESPN trade machine: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjxnkyd6

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both Wall and the team know that he is not in their future plan. And both know that it will be extremely difficult to trade him now. Both party agreed to be as amicable as possible.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

the only thing I disagree with in that is “you have to know as early as possible”

players mature at different rates , but realistically, when we say “contender” I think 4th+ year players .

Part of becoming a great player is trying to fit with other players who aren’t “maximized” or tailored to your exact ability .

did James harden pairing up with omer Asik for a year hamper his development?

jbond77 and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We might be able to lock him in there all season, and livestream it as a paid subscription.
    I'm thinking after a few weeks he might start going all sorts of crazy, and subscription go through the roof - earn back a good chunk of his salary

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Great way to put it! Im not sold on a precise timeline myself - some people/players mature faster. I'd say Jalen Green will be a professional all star type player sooner than others. I'd also say that having a nice mix of veteran players plus some young rookies is a good thing as they can both vibe off each other instead of a hierarchical approach by tenure or accolades. I think you can find out which players will stick within one to two years and that would allow you to play with the roster construct instantly vs saying "in 4 or 5 years we should be here" - who knows? the youth movement could attract a high profile veteran to join and push them into contending status sooner than anyone thinks. I see a real TEAM being put together by Stone without egos or expectations which will allow them to thrive while they continue to identify as players who were cast offs or 2nd best.

Im one of the few lunatics here that actually think this team could challenge for the play in THIS YEAR. Talk about a love/hate relationship huh?

jch1911, snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Does this mean Jalen can get that #1? :oops:

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.