1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it fishy Rich Paul is advising both Wall and Simmons to sit out until traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Sep 14, 2021.

1. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Not only would I be happy also but I’d appreciated for you doing that lol .

D-rock likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You think Wall noticed that when he said he won't play no one tried to stop him

Hope he rethinks his career.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is why the Rockets have all the leverage. Stone can now rob Morey naked, asking for Simmons + assets for Wall. LOL

D-rock likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Paying over 90 million dollars to a player of Wall’s caliber over the next two years is a trash contract. Literally the only thing remotely positive about that contract is that it’s only 2 more years.

mikol13 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rich Paul and LeBron and Adam Silver are ruining the NBA

no way in hell David Stern let’s Agents get power over him

hakeem94 and dawesome like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Morey would be bailing us out by taking Wall’s albatross contract. No semi competent franchise will touch Wall with a 20ft pole without some SERIOUS draft compensation. Wall’s value is that low right now.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Lower than a guy on a max deal for 4 years who can’t and won’t shoot?

REEKO_HTOWN, hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

not true at all!! Wall has higher value than Simmons!

There is a huge disconnect between what Morey and the blog-boys think of Simmons and what people who know basketball think of him.

Here’s the thing: Simmons is a better player at his role (3rd option/facilitator) than Wall is in his role (1st option, creator) but Wall’s role is much more valuable. The Shane Battier/Derick MCKey/Ben Simmons types, these are respected players, but they’d never be compared to #1 in any trade or in salary negotiations before all this number-crunching BS from the likes of Morey distorted their market value.

I listened and read the same BS a week ago with respect to DeAronFox. The blog-boys were all over Sac, "Simmons is way better than Fox, Sacto should be all over this trade!"… No!!! Sacto was absolutely right not to bite. Fox and Wall are some of the worst #1s in the league, but they are still more valuable than a #3 with a bloated contract and major mental issues.

(to be fair, one of the blog boys, KOC, walked back his assessment of Fox/Simmons on the latest pod. Should never have been brought up though)

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Smoking some good **** tonight are what?

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

guys read the story. Rockets wanted him to come off the bench, he was not OK with that, both parties decided to go MEM/Igoudala - OKC/Horford

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

As much as the disconnect is between what blog Boys think about Simmons and his real value, there is a much much much bigger disconnect between what Rockets Homers value Wall and his real value. I'm not saying Simmons is good, I'm saying Wall is garbage. I dare you to make an account on a Sixers blog and suggest Wall for Simmons. They'd probably track your IP address and burn your house down. Again, I'm not saying Simmons is good but even an offer of just Hield from the Kings or Beasley from the Wolves would be better than Wall. This is the only site in the entire world that sees Wall as a potential positive asset.

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

It smells like something but that ain’t fish.

D-rock likes this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Any notion that Wall is "garbage"is related to his health, and that’s fair. So if any trade is to go down, it will be only after extensive medical and functional exams. If he’s not healthy or if he’s lost his burst (which can be measured), then it’s game over for him. Last year he seemed OK to me though, he still seemed faster than most of the league. Maybe some people didn’t see him play last year and that’s why they think he’s garbage.

If Wall is healthy, then I’d actually say this message board here is in fact undervaluing him. Some grumbling I see here is related to lack of chemistry with Wood. OK, but he had great two-man game with Gortat; Embiid is more like Gortat, except 100x better…

A healthy Wall is a good player, but at this stage of his career is still overpaid, no argument. However, he’s not AS overpaid as guys like Simmons and Gobert. If somebody tells you otherwise that’s solely because of the bs ANALytics distortion that gets badly exposed in the playoffs. I think most of the league has wised-up to this scam now.

Matt78777 and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wall and the Rockets mutually agreed to this. This is nothing like Simmons and Phili

Matt78777 and D-rock like this.
  15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Delonte West quote speaking about Lebron's Mom?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

SIGNIFICANTLY lower. In theory Simmons could learn to be more aggressive and play like Westbrook (who is still a plus player). Wall’s body has just about quit on him. It’s all downhill from here…especially since his game is predicated on athleticism and explosion.

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

after all these years, westbrick still a plus player

[​IMG]

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

He actually is when you compare him to the tank commander lol

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wall sat out most of the season and that helped us lose. Russ was playing and helping us lose

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Have we ever seen Rich Paul and Simmons in the same room.... pretty fishy.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.