1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it fishy Rich Paul is advising both Wall and Simmons to sit out until traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Screw morey. No #1s. He can have wall and house. Maybe throw in a couple of 2nds.

2. amaru

amaru Member

LOL Morey doesn’t want the Rockets trash. Why would he do Tilman a favor and bail him out of the result of the horrible trade Tilman forced then bragged about?

DeBeards and FrontRunner like this.
  3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's about what I figure. Morey needs to realize that we are doing him a favor as well. Getting Wall pretty much straight up for Simmons may be the least disruptive move for a team that had the best record in the East. They will have the option to trade his expiring contract next year, should an opportunity come up where a team needs to offload a max player for some reason. If Wall works out, they have the opportunity to sign him long-term while also having 3 additional #1's to bundle in trades, move up in the draft, or add to their depth.

What he probably doesn't want to do is keep a disgruntled player on the team who is giving them no return on your $35M a year. I don't think that sends the right message to the rest of the team. If he can get a better deal, more power to him, but The Sixers' window is currently wide open, so Morey can't waste too much time in a stare-down. Luckily, the Rockets aren't in that same position.

D-rock, Ramo$e and Plowman like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

If stone traded Wall for Simmons straight up I’d blow him.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Wall isn't Simmons. Seems like he's being cool. No need to give him ****. If everything is accurate he deserves props

6. hakeemthagreat

John Wall isn't trash. And it would be more of us doing Morey a favor acquiring a grown azz man scared of shooting the ball

Zen Tabak, red5rocket and Ramo$e like this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Revisionist history. Tilman didn't want to disappoint Harden not knowing he was leaving anyway. How would Morey bail him out? We would really be bailing Morey out. He's in the hot seat with a player that doesn't want to play for him and is willing to sit out. Even if Wall did play he likely would get paid to be hurt anyway. So what he sits until something is done. Rockets are not rushing. No NEED to.....We are not Philly. Rockets plan is to tank with or without Wall.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You act like playoff home court advantage isn’t a significant competitive advantage(it is) and that a #1 seed doesn’t make it to the Finals in most years(they often do). I mean I’m not saying the 76ers are a sure fire title contender but they just finished first ahead of the Bucks and Nets in the East and you better believe Morey knows the competitive advantage a 1 seed has. Trust - he sees his team as a true contender and as long as they finish in the top 3 each year they will always be in an opportunity to take advantage of a soar ankle or a cold shooting slump. I PROMISE that is how Morey approaches the odds.

D-rock likes this.
  9. HROZ

HROZ Member

The Rockets went to Wall & told him to sit out

Simmons decided to sit out

2 totally different things

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Are you sure about that? I don’t recall that press conference….unless you are talking about what we know from “sources” which is always “the story” but rarely “the truth”.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Okay you can bet on the Sixers.. In a season here KD, Harden, and Kyrie played 9 games together the Sixers got a 1 seed. Don't see that happening again.

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

Well he's reporting to camp & training with the team. So I presume the reporting is true. If he wanted out he wouldn't be with the team.

Plus I want him to sit out. So I presume the Front Office has finally come round & accepted my Superior intellect. They should listen to me more.

:p

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Im shocked you think Kyrie and Durant who have played sparingly the last 3 years are all of a sudden going to be iron men now that they are in their 30s. I don’t see them playing more than 30 games together again in any season.

14. fattz

fattz Member

Morey, Stone, Wall or Simmons? Tell us more.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wall and Simmons need to switch places.

Plowman likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'd do it too. Morey won't get a better deal, imo.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Would y'all do Wall, Garuba and 2 firsts for Simmons??

amaru, theDude and Plowman like this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don’t want Simmons AT ALL. You guys realize Simmons has 4 years left in his contract, right?

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't, but Harden was uncharacteristically injured last year. And 9 isn't a number that is hard to beat.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Simmons would not make the math work either when we are trying to resign Porter, Woods, Green , and my favorite upcoming player K-Mart