1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 13, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You said sports, if you’re talking specifically NBA it’s different. But even then, the misnomer that other races are lesser athletes, or the stereotype is why athletes are miscast in youth sports.
    Essentially stereotypes are benefiting black athletes.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You and Rhuh are idiots and racist.

Black people are not built “different” than anyone.
    There are some specific anatomical traits that are more common, ie longer legs and shorter torso that can make running easier, but it’s not completely exclusive to one race.
    Not to mention, running is only part of athleticism.

Williamson likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I didnt say they are exclusive I said in general thats what we can see from the large sample of NBA superstars over the last 50 yrs or so.

Your only rebuttal are insults so who is really the idiot here?

You are even contradicting yourself in your post you just admitted black people in general have longer legs and shorter torso but they arent built different? Lmao you even english bro? How can you say they arent different and then list a difference the very next sentence? Wtf!

#123 roslolian, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

How d hell is it different just for NBA? NBA is a complete athletic activity, it encompasses strength, speed, dynamic movement and overall athleticism. Its a representation of almost all athletic abilities needed in sports the fact that black people dominate the NBA just shows they are built different and genetically superior to other races athletically IN GENERAL. Of course there would obviously be exceptions to the rule but only a moron would fail to acknowledge the ridiculous amount data shown here as evidence.

But I dont wanna turn this into DnD I just wanna focus on Chet Holmgrem. He gonna struggle to put on 30-40 pounds and even if he did highly likely he will be injury prone. Even if he passes all those hurdles its still gonna take time for him to build up.

Thats what I believe anyway, his frame seems way too thin to me esp his chicken arms he doesnt have a thick build that can support large amounts of mass imo. People think Homgrem is gonna be like Porzingis who make an instant impact day 1, I think he gonna be closer to Poku and Mobley.

#124 roslolian, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not the one that keeps doubling down on racist comments.

And I didn’t say that longer legs were exclusive to black athletes, do you even read English bro?

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

For the record, athletic testing is what I do. My field is in sports, there are some stereotypical attributes that are more common among races, but none are exclusive to the point where it’s specific to one race or one race has a massive advantage.
    Basketball is pushed more in the black community. You’re also conflating actual athleticism with basketball skill.
    Some of the most “athletic” players from a testing standpoint in the league are white right now. That doesn’t mean they are good basketball players.

As far as Chet frame, yes he may struggle to put on weight. But his elite length and athletic ability at his size play in this league, period. Young Garnett

DaDakota likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

But I never said they were exclusive to begin with. You created a strawman argument and got called out for it.

If one race has longer legs on average than the rest is that the same or different? You understand what being different means yes or no?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

KG didnt play the wing though which is what some y'all are saying.

Never heard of an elite wing that shot 45% from ft and 23% from 3.

9. Buck Turgidson

Then it put a cinder block on the accelerator and let go of the wheel

ThatBoyNick, King1 and Nook like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not on average, or even majority. That’s what you’re not understanding.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

KG absolutely played on the outside as a power forward. Maybe you’re not old enough to remember

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You just said there are some attributes more common in some races. Do you English bro or not?

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Can you clarify what you mean by outside? KG took .4 attempts from 3 in his career. He also shot 80% from ft line and not 45%.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/garneke01.html

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

3 point attempts don’t mean perimeter player, KG was often used at the top of the key to initiate offense and face up. More often than post up game

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Common doesn’t mean majority. Doesn’t mean exclusive either.
    Just own up to your racism and bigotry, along with your ignorance and maybe one day you’ll become a better person.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

But I never said they were majority or exclusive. Those were strawmen arguments you made. I said black people are built different, something you clearly ADMITTED when you said longer legs are more common in them than other races. If a race has more instances of a characteristic than other races are they different or the same? Just answer that man so you see how dumb you are. Since when did being different mean being exclusive or having the majority? See you just a liar and are extremely pathetic for making false accusations.

Not sure if you realized, but I'm asian. We dont care particularly about the color of skin. We care more about nos and what we can see, what you can see is the best players in NBA history are predominantly black. If you wanna argue against the ridiculous amount of data and evidence be my guest. But you dont really look at data, you keep insisting KG played outside when the dude only took 0.4 3 pt shots a game. You think KG is Ben Simmons? Floats around on the perimeter but doesnt take a shot the entire game? Gimme a break.

I dont really wanna derail this thread anymore so I'll stop here.

Regarding chet, my criticism of him still stands I'll wait till his college year to see if he fills out or not. If he doesnt sorry he aint gonna do crap his rookie year IMO.

#136 roslolian, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Admit you’re a racist and an idiot. That’s all you have to do for this to end

King1 likes this.
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GTFO with your eugenicist, racist way of thinking. The same speech was used to justify African slavery, you just need to stop now.

King1 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What a dumpster fire this thread is. Can we discuss Holmgren again?

Nook, roslolian and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really isn't necessary to start to have hurt feelings over what CH is right now, as these kids are still growing.

It will be fun to watch to Paulo, Chet and Hardy for the next year and start dreaming about how lucky we would be be to land any one of them. Personally, I would be ecstatic to land in the top 3 next year. This past offseason was so much fun, debating between the big three. A refreshing change from prior offseasons.

The only thing that is important right now is to make sure we are absolutely terrible again this year, to be in a position to get one of them.

#140 larsv8, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021