1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021] Hurricane season discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Apr 18, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not to digress too much... my Android quit charging via the port. I tried two different cables, two different adapters and multiple outlets to no avail. I tried cleaning the port, still no luck.

I took it to the T-Mobile store... they gave it to the technician... he plugged it in....it worked. It's worked for months ever since.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

ElPigto likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Was it safe for settlement in the first place?

Sajan likes this.
  4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess things are safe when I see more posts about charging phones and weather chicks. That’s good.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Anyone check on Deshaun? It’s his birthday. Hopefully nick didn’t ruin things too much and he’ll be ready for Sunday.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Similar, my dad was having charging issues and ended up taking it into the Samsung store. Guy cleaned out the charging port with some little tool, told him the inside was packed with lint.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

who do i call for a broken window in sugarland?

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

**** the Texas power grid

9. Xerobull

[​IMG]

bumbum09, DreamShook and Ziggy like this.
  10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

ready for Sunday? He schedule you for a massage?

htownrox1 likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

There’s power lines down right in front of my house. Roads blocked off. Had to be a rebel and move some cones to leave my driveway.

12. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

13. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Man I knew I wasn’t seeing things when I saw one of these otters a few years ago in a little pond by memorial Herman humble. Took my night break and was just walking by the little pond. I heard some splashes then crunching. It was a ****ing otter hunting fishes. It was a little pond by the way but had a sewer system I guess backing up to lake Houston.

heypartner likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Something Houston and Singapore have in common.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya Chita lost too much weight. She looked thicc before.

16. Xerobull

Some confused storms wandering around the Atlantic

Atlantic Daily Briefing
    Issued: 03:23 AM CDT Tuesday September 21, 2021

[​IMG]

Peter
    As of the 4 AM AST advisory, Tropical Storm Peter was located about 210 miles northeast of San Juan, Puerto Rico with winds near 45 mph. It is moving to the west-northwest near 10 mph. This motion should continue over the next 24 hours followed by a turn to the northwest and north. Based on this track, significant impacts are not expected for the Caribbean. Peter is forecast to weaken to a tropical depression on Thursday and possibly impact Bermuda as a tropical depression or weak tropical storm on Sunday with gusty winds and locally heavy rainfall.
    Rose
    As of the 4 AM AST advisory, Tropical Storm Rose is located about 710 miles west-northwest of the northern Cabo Verde Islands. Rose is moving to the northwest near 10 mph. A motion to the northwest to north-northwest is expected through Wednesday followed by a turn to the north and northeast on Thursday and Friday. This motion will keep the storm away from any land areas. Winds are estimated at 50 mph and gradual weakening is likely over the next 2 to 3 days.
    Other Disturbances / Areas to Watch
    Disturbance 47 is located along 27W, or about 300 miles south-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. It is moving to the west near 10 mph. This motion should continue for the next several days, followed by a gradual turn to the west-northwest by this weekend. Most of our longer range computer models take this system north of the Caribbean; however, this is not a guarantee. This system remains a potential threat for the northeast Caribbean in about a week if high pressure to the north remains stronger. Environmental conditions are forecast to become more favorable for development by the middle of the week and beyond and we think there is a high probability this will be the next named tropical system in the Atlantic Basin. There is now a 50 percent chance of development within the next 48 hours, and a 90 percent chance of development within the next 7 days.

Extratropical Storm Odette is about 550 miles SE of Newfoundland. It is expected to move to the southeast over the next several days. As it does so, it may detach from its frontal boundary and possible allow it to briefly transition back into a subtropical or tropical storm. The chance of Odette regenerating back to a subtropical or tropical storm remains at 30 percent within the next 7 days.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Are we in garbage time yet? When does the season end?

18. Xerobull

I don't think we're out of the water yet. End of season is officially November 20th.

I think a few more weeks when we start getting regular fronts it will be a little safer to breathe.

19. Xerobull

Time to start watching #47

Atlantic Daily Briefing
    Issued: 03:44 AM CDT Wednesday September 22, 2021

[​IMG]

Peter
    As of the 4 AM AST advisory, Tropical Depression Peter was located about 195 miles north of San Juan, Puerto Rico with winds near 30 mph. It is moving to the north-northwest near 5 mph. Peter is forecast to move farther away from Puerto Rico over the next few days and gradually weaken. We expect Peter to weaken to a remnant low on Thursday. Please see our latest advisory for more information.

Rose
    As of the 4 AM AST advisory, Tropical Depression Rose is located about 965 miles northwest of the northern Cabo Verde Islands. Rose is moving to the northwest near 10 mph. Environmental conditions are becoming more hostile and Rose is forecast to gradually weaken over the next few days as it maintains a northwest to north-northwest heading and away from any land areas. We expect Rose to degenerate to a remnant low on Thursday. Please see our latest advisory for more information.

Other Disturbances / Areas to Watch
    Disturbance 47 is located along about 31W, or about 500 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. The disturbance is moving to the west near 10 mph. This motion is forecast to continue over the next few days followed by a gradual turn to the west-northwest by the weekend. Most of our computer models continue to take this system north of the Caribbean in about a week; however, there remains considerable uncertainty since the exact center has not formed. If high pressure to the north of this developing system turns out to be stronger, we could see a more westerly track resulting in a threat for the northeast Caribbean in about a week. Environmental conditions are forecast to become more favorable for development over the next several days and we think there is a high probability this will be the next named tropical system in the Atlantic Basin. There is also an increased likelihood this system will become a hurricane by the weekend. Right now it's too early to speculate if this potential tropical cyclone will be a threat to the Gulf or Atlantic Seaboard in the 10 to 12 day time frame. The most likely track would be to the northwest and north over the Atlantic and remaining off the U.S. East Coast. There is now an 80 percent chance of development within the next 48 hours, and a 90 percent chance of development within the next 7 days.

Extratropical Storm Odette is about 780 miles SE of Newfoundland and has become more detached from the frontal boundary. It is forest to move northwest today, then southward on Thursday and Friday. As it journeys to the south, it may briefly transition back to a subtropical storm over the north Atlantic. The chance of Odette regenerating back to a subtropical storm has increased to 50 percent within the next 7 days.

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

A rare hurricane in the Gulf of Oman

B-Bob likes this.