1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Exum expected to re-sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 11, 2021.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

Could be a sign that the TANK is still on. Why else would you waste a roster spot on him?!?

…….
    …….
    …….

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Looks legit

Better than the pizza delivery guy brabra used

BamBam and D-rock like this.
  3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He played well in the Olympics if I remember correctly. If he’s cheap why not?

34to11, VoR and BallaDoc like this.
  4. HROZ

HROZ Member

He's a good player. If he's fit.

He's in the Bahamas so hopefully the rockets are considering it.

Brooks & Exum into the roster would be great if we can get rid of other contracts.

5. Nook

Nook Member

What has Silas done? Well first his rotations are ass. Second he was a big proponent of Victor Oladipo and was onboard offering him the max. Third John Wall regularly waved off the plays drawn up, the one that sticks out was the one where the Rockets lost their 20th straight game under Silas and Wall called off a PNR. Nothing happened to Wall.

That doesn’t even get into his post game interviews where half the time he cannot even look at the camera and hangs his head like a loser.

He was a rookie coach, hopefully he gets better but he wasn’t good last year and his lack of awareness is troubling.

amaru, DaDakota, D-rock and 9 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I am not negative long term for the Rockets, they added a potential franchise player in Green and other promising rookies. I am skeptical of Porter’s efficiency and effort but he deserves minutes.

Wall, Gordon and others all are just blocking playing time for the glut of younger players on the roster. Further, none of these players will want to lose playing time to the younger players and are not going to want to be on a bad rebuilding team. It’s a toxic situation overall.

However eventually the older players will be gone and Silas will grow a pair or be gone. There are also signs Tillman learned from his mistakes.

amaru, D-rock, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We have orders from Tilman to deurbanize the team's lockerroom without being too obvious

Matthew Hurt, Sengun, Garuba, Vermont's Anthony Lamb, Theis and now Exum will play a big part in what we're trying to build here.

txtodd likes this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’m clearly higher on Silas than are you.

I want (some) vets (for the young’ns) but believe that Wall is super-tough to swap. So, bury him - - or resuscitate his value. He knows that, so he has motivation to get out. And it’s only possible if his on court (and locker room) is upupup.

EGo is a good player who has less value to a true contender as a chip = last season guarantee. Thus, Indy? But, same motivation with him. Be the best EGo EGo can be and earn your exit papers.

DE? I’m thunderstruck by the reports. Perhaps it means a vet or two is ticketed to their nirvana???

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

We will see... seems like emphasis on "rumor" unless this portends to moving Gordon and/or Wall.

10. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

While i do agree with a lot of points in this thread i feel like the promise he showed in the olympics would make this a positive signing. Don't know where he would fit rotation wise but he's still young and when healthy (which he is now) can be a very, very solid NBA player. I know i might have my Aussie bias googles on but i've seen the highs and lows of his career and his trajectory has finally turned upwards. Hidden Gem if he can stay healthy i promise you that! Anyway stay bless my fellow Rocket lovers, not long till the season is upon us. Much love from the land down under and again you all make very valid points in this thread.

11. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

As a fellow Aussie, I think he showed enough at the Olympics to give him another crack, although will hold my judgement to see what roster moves are made to make the signing possible.

12. fattz

fattz Member

What kind of signing? His is probably better to practice against than Nix. IF there is something worth more than a 10 day by all means we should look into at that time. Would be in our best interest to try and get the best practice squad possible. Less than 2/3 of the team has even been though a pre-season.

#52 fattz, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I always remember when we beat Utah in the postseason the first time and he was i their squad and it was contract season and peaked at their forum and I never seen a fanbase more disarray about a player. He’s the ultimate cocktease player.

15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Hopefully it's for the veteran minimum. But signing Lamb and Exum seems from the outside to be mistakes.

We already have the most injury prone team in the NBA and adding Exum who has been injured for almost his entire career seems silly.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Another lotto ticket. I’d rather have more of those.

AKVerse47 and D-rock like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Before Ben Simmons, Josh Giddy from Australia.

Dante Exum had so much talent and Hype. His health is his only concern.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

House being absent on the Bahamas team building trip makes me go hmmmmm.

Joe Rocket, don grahamleone and Milos like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Lamb and now Exum. Don't get why these guys are getting momentum. They may be taking spots from Armoni Brooks or Khyri Thomas.

20. Milos

Milos Member

Please please please let this be the reason
    House is the one useless roster piece that should be easy to dump off now
    Plus Green needs his #4 from the start

D-rock likes this.