1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN parts ways with Paul Pierce

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 5, 2021.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Felt sorry for that waitress. She didn't seem amuse by Pierce's "clever" or "sad" pick up attempts.

i3artow i3aller and clos4life like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He was probably banging Nicole the redhead as well

tinman, King1 and Jontro like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

Paul's going to end up getting cancelled if he keeps this sort of behavior up.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's already canceled. Doesn't seem like he cares. He's beyond rich

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would he care ?
    He can live that lifestyle cause he’s rich and famous
    The people canceling him are not rich or famous

6. ExTexanNowEastCoast

As a player, I can go with Walton because he was on an HOF trajectory and was an MVP before injuries shortened his career. We have precedent for letting athletes into the HOF who, because of injury, may not have the cumulative stats but were dominant/great for a short period of time. Koufax, Sayers, Kurt Warner, Earl Campbell are examples of this. To me, Walton fits in that category.

As a coach, no question Rudy T belongs. As a player, I would have to take a look at his stats.

peleincubus likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Exactly

8. tinman

Supporting Member

It’s a basketball hall of fame that includes college .
    Not NBA hall of fame

#68 tinman, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    peleincubus likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I was tired of it anyway, truthfully,” said Pierce. “I got nothing against ’em, but I was getting bored there, stuff was changing all the time, and it just wasn’t the same feeling like it was when we was doing it.”

Pierce went on to explain that he didn’t realize an Instagram Live video streamed out live and thought he could go back and decide whether or not to post it later. Even worse, he didn’t know other users could record the video and share it online, making it go viral.

Yet maybe the most interesting tidbit from Beadle’s interview with Pierce is the revelation that LeBron James tried to get the NBA Countdown host fired. Most know about Pierce’s supposed feud with LeBron, going back to when they faced each other as on the court. But apparently, LeBron wasn’t a fan of Beadle either, a grudge that began when she made fun of “The Decision.”

“He tried,” said Beadle, responding to Pierce bringing up the rumor. “He did try to do that. I was like, ‘Wow, I’m honored that I’m even on your mind. Thank you very much. That’s a weird place for me to be.'”

Oh, and they address the wheelchair poop thing.

“If you poop your pants, does it make sense to sit down and mush it in a wheelchair? No. I would walk back there and go straight to the bathroom. Why would I need a wheelchair if I pooped my pants? Like you don’t sit down on your poop, right? It doesn’t make sense. Come on.”

JumpMan and tinman like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And he liked to put his Squid game on her.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

F LeBron

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Paul Pierce now denying he faked an injury again? Nobody cares actually, he sounded like he had a lower IQ than Perkins, which is quite an achievement.